Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

VC or SA

VC or SA  

73 members have voted

1. 1. VC or SA

• VC
    • SA

i like the VC one too, but i like the GTA SA Map better. I know it's hard to code. I modded gta san andreas as well. And i never get bored in GTA SA. After playing GTA VC for an Hour - hour and a half, I get VERY BORED. But my gta sa laggs as well. That's Cuz i have v2.00 and i have to search the world wide internet for a Nice working crack for Window's Vista. :angry:

BTW: If Someone knows a nice working crack, please reply! i would appreciate that.

PPT

Theres also the downgrader patch you can get that will let mods work in GTA SA again.

I won't tell you where to find it though as I don't want to be banned from here.

All i'll say is, I had to find this patch when I wanted to be able to run zero's Stargate mod for GTA SA.

That reminds me. How many big mods can be installed at anyone time in GTA:VC or GTA:SA? I was wondering if its possible to have BTTFSA, Stargate San Andreas Rebellion and a few vehicle replacments installed at the same time.

Edited by Billz

you are allowed to post that because other people do.

You sure? I don't think its okay since its not really a 'allowed patch' from RockStar Games.

Guest WileyCoyote
just run it in windows xp combatibly mode

That works for me. I have Windows Vista and the BTTF:SA mod works great with SA v2.

That's Cuz i have v2.00 and i have to search the world wide internet for a Nice working crack for Window's Vista. :angry:

There is no crack for Vista. This problem of yours CANNOT be solved by downloading a crack at all. Vista is just using up all of the resources that GTA:SA and other games can barely make use of them as much as they need to so they can run decently. This, plus User Account Control blocking some of the stuff SA needs to do in order to run fine, causes lags and crash problems with Vista.

If you have a stable PC that's designed to run Vista (more than) decently, like WileyCoyote's, mine and some others, then this wouldn't be a problem (except for the UAC part; either way, always have the game run with admin privileges).

You have 2 options: 1. Upgrade your PC, or 2. Disable visual themes and desktop composition when running SA and, most especially, run the game with administrator privileges, in the compatibility settings.

In Windows 7, It's smart enough to auto disable visual themes when running SA. Goes back to normal when you end the game.

That works for me. I have Windows Vista and the BTTF:SA mod works great with SA v2.

Doesn't you loading bar unfinish all the time?

BTW: i tried running GTA SA on my old computer, it has XP. It runs fine with crack.

I already tried running GTA SA on compability mode on my new PC, but my car mods disappear! all i have is a normal bullet with tiny weels, and when i reach 80 MPH my game shuts down without an error message. Quite weird.... :huh:

means it didn't install correctly. Might have to manually edit gta3 img. Or reinstall after setting the folder to not read-only and turning off UAC

did you rebuild the gta3.img?

Yes i did. But my computer gives an error message i already reported:

Failed to set data for '' :angry:

When i try rebuilding the IMG archive on BTTF VC on the same computer, It says another error message, and then i can't even rebuild the img archive. Which i can do with BTTF SA.

Did you install SA inside the Program Files folder and you have UAC enabled?

Be sure you run IMG-Tool with administrator privileges (right-click, click "Run as Administrator") before trying to rebuild it. Rebuilding it without admin privileges will have UAC trying to prevent IMG tool from doing so, corrupting the IMG or not being able to rebuild it at all as a result.

Or, to make your situation less complicated, just disable User Account Control, restart, reinstall SA and the mod, then turn UAC back on if you don't want your PC vulnerable to viruses like Conficker for long. (be sure to do all of these in order BEFORE running the game; testing the mod BEFORE turning UAC back on, for example, might cause problems, trust me)

Be sure you run IMG-Tool with administrator privileges (right-click, click "Run as Administrator") before trying to rebuild it. Rebuilding it without admin privileges will have UAC trying to prevent IMG tool from doing so, corrupting the IMG or not being able to rebuild it at all as a result.

Or, to make your situation less complicated, just disable User Account Control, restart, reinstall SA and the mod, then turn UAC back on if you don't want your PC vulnerable to viruses like Conficker for long. (be sure to do all of these in order BEFORE running the game; testing the mod BEFORE turning UAC back on, for example, might cause problems, trust me)

this might be a stupid question, but hey! I'm Dutch!

where can i disable user account control?

and yes, GTA SA is installed in the program files folder.

Thx for help!

Edited by PizzaPlanetTruck

Start > Control Panel > Type "User Account Control" in the Search bar on the right corner > Click "Turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off" > If a UAC pop-up appears, click Continue > Uncheck the box "Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer" and click OK to disable it > Windows should prompt you to restart the computer so you won't need to select restart it manually

And no, that's not a stupid question :) but try using Search next time, 'cause an a**hole might say it is if you ask another question of the like.

But i have v2.00 and i need to have v1.00 or v1.01 to install car mods. it is actually possible to enable car mods in v2.00, but if you do that you can't rebuild the img archive, wich you have to do when installing the mod. So if i understand, i have to do is this 1:disable UAC, Then reinstall the game 2: i need to find a crack. 2: when i find one, replace the original exe with the crack 3: then run the game in compability mode. But when i run the game in compabilty mode i get normal cars; ALL MY CAR MODS are dissapeared.

NOTE: a downgrader patch is not working on any computer of mine.

Why are you wasting your time searching for a downgrader? Just download the 1.0 version of San Andreas and you're good to go.

So it's the downgrader that has the problem, eh?

Try the downgrade patch here (the patcher should work for ALL versions above 1.0):

http://grandtheftauto.filefront.com/file/G...der_Patch;74661

Since you've been trying to downgrade the game before, be sure that you get rid of the ENTIRE game (including the folder/directory) and reinstall it first before trying to downgrade it again with the one above. The downgrader you used might have installed or altered something in the game that might screw-up if you try this downgrader, and the mod itself, if installed, would screw-up the downgrading process. Only install the mod again AFTER the downgrade.

If that doesn't work, then I cannot be sure what your problem is. But no worries, there is a workaround in installing the models in your version of SA (2.0) (only ask for this if the downgrader above didn't work).

@CJ: If you're referring to torrent sh*t, you'll waste MORE time on downloading AND installing the 4+ GB game than searching for the -5MB downgrader, if you think about it.

Ask me, angel :P. Tried that, found many downloads, chose one on rapidshare, but it is 46 parts and I gave up...

Downgraders usually check the version of the game before it pacthes, to see if it works or not. It shouldn't screw up. Mine never does.

Depends on the downgrader. I saw some that simply replace.

allright guys, all thx for help!

but; the downgrader patch in the link does not work. That's the one i already tried. I'm not searching for a downgrader. Cuz when i play GTA SA evrything works fine. Until 10 minutes later the game freezes. this afternoon i'm gonna try this;

1: uninstall the game.

2: disable UAC

3: install the game

4: try to downgrade gta sa.exe

5: install the mod

6: try to play

PS: if this doesn't work, i'll try the gta v2.00 installation guide angeloelibz made. Thx Mate!

Since you've been trying to downgrade the game before, be sure that you get rid of the ENTIRE game (including the folder/directory) and reinstall it first before trying to downgrade it again with the one above.

AAARRRGGGHHH

DELETED FOLDER FIRST THEN TRIED TO UNINSTALL; CAN'T FIND THE UNINSTALL.EXE

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

i'M THE DUMBEST GUY IN HOLLAND

Just reinstall it. If the autorun menu shows "Play GTA: San Andreas" or something like that instead of "Install", then just open the CD/DVD via Explorer and search for the setup.exe or installer. Simple.

Sign in to follow this