bluespace88

VC or SA

VC or SA  

73 members have voted

1. 1. VC or SA

• VC
    • SA

Two faced...

On the one hand we would help blue, sure.

But on the other hand I guess he prefers doing most on his own to keep everything tidy and organized, at least at the moment, or am I wrong?

I'm just doing the coding, lol. All I'm waiting for is Carlos to be free so he can update the deloreans.

Mike's the one who does the documentation and installer.

Though if anyone wants to help, i am interested in the "ribbon" wormhole concept used in the screensaver.

"ribbon" wormhole concept

what is this?

2 or three models of curved semi transparent ribbons that when bunched around creates a wormhole type effect. Such as seen here

screen5.jpg

Experimental nature right now, but we'll see if it looks good.

Speaking of which, if you want to know my plan, it is to create a bunch of them, and rotate them to a random angle each frame in order to create the "illusion" that the wormhole is a moving one and not a static one.

I used to use that 3d Screensaver but i doesn't work in Vista anymore.

Before it wasn't working now it is Vista is werid.

I'm still not sure if Windows 7 is even worth looking in to or if I'll stick with vista, I personally got used to Vista and really like it.

Anyways my vote surprisingly went towards SA, mainly because I like the SA environment better and all the new tweaks and features it had when it came out. When I play VC it feels kind of cold and lonely and unrealistic, SA actually feels more warm, vibrant, and like it could almost be more real, video game wise. Besides I have them both and I'm getting way bored of playing the BTTF mod in VC, but it all depends on which is more capable, which from what I understand they are about the same.

I think next one must be on fourth gta! :-P

I saw the beginning of this on

(by bttf92)... cool:)

I think, there are no reasons to work further with SA, when is beautiful & powerful GTA IV;)

Edited by city2026

I'm still not sure if Windows 7 is even worth looking in to or if I'll stick with vista, I personally got used to Vista and really like it.

Anyways my vote surprisingly went towards SA, mainly because I like the SA environment better and all the new tweaks and features it had when it came out. When I play VC it feels kind of cold and lonely and unrealistic, SA actually feels more warm, vibrant, and like it could almost be more real, video game wise. Besides I have them both and I'm getting way bored of playing the BTTF mod in VC, but it all depends on which is more capable, which from what I understand they are about the same.

7 never f**ked up with me at all. When I got the beta Vista. EVERYTHING crashed and f**ked up. In my opinion, windows 7 is Windows 98 + XP's offspring.

I'm just doing the coding, lol. All I'm waiting for is Carlos to be free so he can update the deloreans.

Mike's the one who does the documentation and installer.

Though if anyone wants to help, i am interested in the "ribbon" wormhole concept used in the screensaver.

Yeah, I get to do the "fun" stuff :P

I'm going for SA, purely for the simple reason that driving is a LOT more fun in SA. None of the cars are really jerky like VC which makes playing with a keyboard for me a nightmare.

On a completely off-topic thought, I'm suprised nobody turned the Hydra on SA into the Pelican drop ship from the Halo series. There is a Master Chief outfit and a Warthog but no Pelican.

I at one point turned the hydra into the delorean, but ultimately decided against it for

1) Missiles

2) The door opens way too far

3) Only supports one passenger

4) Stupid exhaust

The controls don't seem right either, the delorean shouldn't be able to do loopy loops (at least you never saw it in the movie).

I think next one must be on fourth gta! :-P

I saw the beginning of this on

(by bttf92)... cool:)

I think, there are no reasons to work further with SA, when is beautiful & powerful GTA IV;)

If you read my post in the Crysis BTTF thread, you'd know that in gaming "gameplay" wins over "graphics". Yes, GTA4 is awesome gameplay-wise and graphics-wise in your and others' perspectives, but note that being needy for high specs is actually considered a gameplay con for the fact that people with weaker PCs can't play the damn thing in the first place, and these people would cost them 3-8 times more than what they've paid for the game to play it.

We already received "complaints" about people not being able to run SA decently on their PCs, thus why many want the mainstream mod to remain in VC, so what more if we move this mod on GTA4? This is simply one of MANY reasons "to work further with SA" (and VC).

Also, being powerful would actually be a problem in modding. The reason why older games are more moddable because their engines are less powerful, or less complex rather, in a way that it's hackable. So GTA4, at the moment, ain't as moddable as VC and SA. With an engine that powerful, I doubt GTA4 can go as far as SA can in modding.

angeloelibz24, well... I certainly agree.

But at present with ASI GTA:IV enough hackable...

But.. SA & VC really are more accessible to people..

So, at the time it's the best..))

lol not really "enough hackable". If a game is to be moddable, you should be able to hack more than one part of the game. If you're going to make major mods like total conversion mods (in this case, the BTTF mod), all or most of the major features of the game have to be hackable. ASI is a "many in one" way of hacking GTA4, but it ain't enough.

Let's just hope those hacker nerds find a way to make GTA4 more hackable/moddable -- seriously, who wouldn't want to have mods in a kickass game like this?

As moder it seem to know better to you... I'm only user:))

I'm not really as experienced as the other GTA modders. I only do CLEO. But what I'm talking about here is modding in general, not just GTA. :)

)) Whatever you say))) ^_^

Edited by city2026

one thing i noticed is when switching from drive/hover or vice versa, in VC tommy appears outside the car for a split second, but that doesnt happen in SA. also the lights on the delorean flicker in VC and not in SA.

i like the VC one too, but i like the GTA SA Map better. I know it's hard to code. I modded gta san andreas as well. And i never get bored in GTA SA. After playing GTA VC for an Hour - hour and a half, I get VERY BORED. But my gta sa laggs as well. That's Cuz i have v2.00 and i have to search the world wide internet for a Nice working crack for Window's Vista. :angry:

BTW: If Someone knows a nice working crack, please reply! i would appreciate that.

PPT

Sign in to follow this