Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

VC or SA

VC or SA  

73 members have voted

1. 1. VC or SA

• VC
    • SA

In SA is very difficult to code in it and for the particul system if you do it in SA i just want to tell you a biiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggg good luck

Engine wise i go for SA, but for the looks i go with VC. I think the mod is more stable in SA. Plus it got more coding space.

Edited by crazyjointje

Stick with VC! Then when its finished, if its finished, port it over.

Not everybody has a good enough PC to run SA on max. I know I don't :cry:

Zero's mini-mod made my game lag, and there wasn't much in it

So I say stick with VC or you'll lose a lot of fans ;)

Well, I don't know what Blue can make of SA, so I can't do the decision Carlos did...

Well, I don't know what Blue can make of SA, so I can't do the decision Carlos did...

There are some plans in the pipeline, but for now, VC :P

I go with VC cause it has more coding space than SA. plus the mod looks cleaner in VC. If we do however go to SA I have a lot of work cut out for me as I got to figure out how to do paths for SA and convert the already completed models. And my comp sucks for SA. My wife's comp is the good one. but however I wouldn't care on either game. And SA does have the limit adjuster that can increase the SCM limit so i think we would be good on coding space there.

wrong. If you use cleo, then SA has more coding space then VC. SA's space actually goes to its missions.

And you were wrong Mike. Everyone did NOT vote for SA :P

And SA's not that much different then vc to code in. Same script, more code, just some stuff's changed.

The biggest difference is the particle system as DK an me noticed :D.

wrong. If you use cleo, then SA has more coding space then VC. SA's space actually goes to its missions.

Cleo is an add-on. I'm talking SCM wise. And besides with C++ someone can increase the SCM limit of VC or make features available again right? that means we don't have to rid of VC.

Or have 2 versions of the mod, one for VC and one for SA....

And eventually, another for IV! :thumbs:

iv means we need to upgrade a lot of stuff...

i know the delorean needs to be upgraded for that. Its missing a bunch of functional lights.

If this mod was in the SA engine, it would more stable, you can have more coding space, more custom particles, more IMG files to use (you can add a maximum of 2 or 3 custom IMGs in addition to the original gta3.img) and some others than VC, and, if we take advantage of R*'s MPACK add-on, we can even allow the player to switch between normal SA and BTTF mod simply through New Game. In short, SA is more moddable, or mod-friendly, than VC.

Yeah, CLEO is an add-on, but having it for SA results to a more stable gameplay than having C++ stuff on VC. At this moment, adding C++ to the engine would mean 1 or more years of coding work because we'll need to f*cking convert and transfer the time travel code to C++ itself. Where can we find a coder who's good at both SCM and C++ and who has that much vacant time and the willingness to do so?

Sign in to follow this