Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
airwolf

Stop cars appearing

I need help badly. First I am running 2.0d because it has kitt and does not crash as much as 2.0e. I have recently added ecto 1 from ghostbusters over the romero (rolls royce). I want to know A) is there a way to change the name that appears in game and B) Is there a way to stop the rolls from appearing as cars that ai drive (like you would see with polioce cars and banshee driving round). Its a bit annoying having hundreads of ecto 1's drving round. And for those are are curious it does have the siren which I added in as an MP3 file to play on the mp3 player radio station.

To change the name of the car you need to edit the AMERICAN.GXT file i think.

Oh and the mod name's are 0.2e and 0.2e.

If you don't want everyone to drive the ecto one you need to edit the MAIN.SCM and make sure that the car value is set very high, which makes the car rare like the time machines so nobody drives them. But that also comes with the risk of a random pedastrian stealing your car but that never happened to me :P.

Wrong section, moved to Cars and Vehicles (actually there is no proper section for this :D).

And to not let it appear do not what CJ suggested, he has no idea :P.

Open default.ide and look for the line of the romero. At eighth position there is executive written in 0.2d, change it to ignore.

But that also comes with the risk of a random pedastrian stealing your car but that never happened to me :P .

I did. Once I had the Time Circuits set for November 5, 1955, 6:30am and Mr. Fusion was completely filled, I ran over one of the Construction guys outside of Sunshine Autos, another one ran up, dragged me out of the DeLorean screaming "I WILL ERASE YOU FROM EXISTENCE" then gunned it up to 88mph (I heard the time travel sounds) then the game crashed. I was like "holy s**t, he really did erase me from existance"

rofl.gif

Cool, I need to try that :). It never happened to me that they stole my car unless I stole their before...

how can i make someone steal my DeLorean time machine?

lol, its a great idea :D

That seemed to work, is there any way to make it to where the car can only be one color, sort of like how the DeLoreans are always silver?

Also, I'm surprised that someone else had the exact same idea that I did. Weird.

Open carcols.dat and look for the line of your car, in aiwolf's case:

romero, 0,1, 70,1, 71,1, 72,1, 73,1
VIce City supports two cacol compatible materials on cars, meaning you there can be two parts at a car that change the color. As a conclusion, always two numbers in that line go together, so you need to remove all but two if you want to keep the car in one color, example:
romero, 0,1

This will render some parts of the car black and some white. To see what color these numbers stand for, go to the top of the file, there are their definitions. With a tool as it is in Paint, you can enter these RGB values to see what the color looks like.

Sign in to follow this