Should We Keep The Nth Dimension?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should We Keep The Nth Dimension?

• Yes Let's keep it
    • No Let's remove it, it's a small feature and waste of coding space

maybe and idea in future version a removed features pack

but i say remove waste of coding space

-elyo

Well, all those features were awesome at 0.2e release. but after using them for months. are unnecesary. (I am not talking about the ride or tutorial). so i hope 0.2f be more stable than 0.2e ;)

Guest Gameznerd

I didn't liked the DMC-13. The car itself doesn't really exist right? BTW How about the hovering 2015 police car, is that one still in there?

Mini-Me is the one making the coding changes, since he is the lead coder now.

I will ask the question about hover conversion animations for the police car, though I don't see them as being needed. If they don't take up too much coding space then maybe we can add them.

Doesn't the beeper also serve the function of locking on the the previous time machine so you can retrieve it? That was useful. The other stuff I never cared about.

Edited by archer9234

The code for the Location Circuits and the DMC-13 time machine are removed, but the models (should) remain. Like I said sometime ago, removing the models will be like putting K's effort on making them to waste. It would be wise to have an object/map model of the DMC-13 time machine in a visible inaccessible part of the future era HV map. :P

Doesn't the beeper also serve the function of locking on the the previous time machine so you can retrieve it? That was useful. The other stuff I never cared about.

The downside of it is that the RC DeLorean you sent before you sent the last RC DeLorean are hard to retrieve if you haven't taken note of their destination times.

So, should we REALLY keep the multiple time machines feature allowing us to make more than 1 DeLorean, or can we go for a 1-DeLorean 1-TimeTrain feature (either way, we'll keep the MTM feature, but in the second we'll be able to keep the game from hogging the RAM)? Someone should make a poll for this.

Just make the DMC 13 a object model. Sitting somewhere on display. Maybe in the 2015 mall once it gets built.

Do you mean the TM or the normal car?

'Cause I'm the opinion the normal car should stay whereas the TM only should be available as an optional download (without its functions).

WOAH

Keep the Location Circuits.

Cuz I'd want to do simple coding to give it to all time machines so I can do the train pushing DeLorean reenactment.

im disappointed to see you got rid of the 13 and location circuits. as for the nth dimension, good riddance. it wasnt all that fun to begin with

I'm predicting the Location Circuits having a comeback in a later version, but for now it would be wise to not have it so we can have enough coding space for more important canonical stuff.

Precisely. If we still have enough coding space just before the final version, it might be readded making it less buggier :P.

Removing the Location Circuits means removing The Ride mission, right? I know Biff relies on the same type of non-temporal teleportation whenever he gets stuck at some AI-inescapable corner, so I'm guessing it's the Location Circuits (not 100% sure).

Even thought its only theoretical, I don't think thats what the Nth Dim. would look like! It was more like the Twilight zone :lol:

And it did nothing but annoy ppl. ;)

Remove it.

Removing the Location Circuits means removing The Ride mission, right? I know Biff relies on the same type of non-temporal teleportation whenever he gets stuck at some AI-inescapable corner, so I'm guessing it's the Location Circuits (not 100% sure).

No, this actually only is a check if the car is stuck, if so the game gets the coordinates on the nearest path, creates particles where Biff was, creates particles ath that point and moves him there. So the LCs would not be necessary for The Ride.

Yeah... Get rid of it... However, I do like the randomization of the Time Circuits when the Del is damaged... That's always fun... B)

Sign in to follow this