Last Time Departed
Mike

Which is the best user interface?

Setup Interface  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best user interface?

• NSIS MUI
    • NSIS eXPerience UI

The second one looks more decent and professional. Images don't matter in an installer anyway, so I voted for eXPerience UI.

NSIS MUI is their own design, eXPerience UI is a plugin for NSIS, which is based on the look of Install Shield.

I suspect that the picture of the computer can be changed anyway so that's not a big deal.

Direct link doesn't work either.

Google Image search is your friend then. It's working for me, and it's working for Angelo....

First one is usual, everyone is used to "work" with that. Voted for the first one.

Oh, both pictures appears for me too

What are you using them for?

Cause if there just gonna be used as an auto install module, I don't see the point in what they look like, cause your only gonna see them for 2 mins anyway :P

But if you insist I'd say the second one, but only if you can change the pic of the PC and change the colour to that of the Forum :D

Edited by Orgcon

What are you using them for?
I was considering which to use for the 0.2f installer, doesn't make any difference to me really.

Cause if there just gonna be used as an auto install module, I don't see the point in what they look like, cause your only gonna see them for 2 mins anyway :P
True

But if you insist I'd say the second one, but only if you can change the pic of the PC and change the colour to that of the Forum :D
Changing the pic should be easy, not sure about the colour but I can look into it, though personally I prefer NSIS MUI myself, it's probably just what I'm used to.

personally I prefer NSIS MUI myself, it's probably just what I'm used to.

eXPerience UI looks "overstyled" to me. Additionally I hate InstallShield, it's appearance as well as it being slower than NSIS and stuff.

I simply prefer NSIS in all points.

It's working for me, and it's working for Angelo....

And me.

keep the second ;)

it's appearance as well as it being slower than NSIS and stuff.

eXPerience UI is NSIS in the appearance of InstallShield. It's not in any other way InstallShield, therefore it's not slower than NSIS when it IS NSIS itself. :P

And I don't think it's "over-styled". It looks more decent than the first one. This and the reason above are why I chose for the second.

I never meant that using that UI would make it slower, I meant that it reminds bad memories I have from InstallShield :D.

Since progress on ExperienceUI is discontinued I looked for an alternative, and what I've found is UltraModernUI which still is in beta stage. It seems to be nearly the same, but still I don't linke that appearance. Just bringing that fact up.

Well really, which one uses more system resources during the install?

Actually the standard interface of NSIS would use the least 'cause it does not need to load any images...:

NSISScreenshot4.png

Edited by Mini-Me

All of those images are NSIS installations, just with different plugins which give the setup file itself a different look and feel.

go with the simplest skin for NSIS (since that's what I think you meant by plugins). We don't need anything fancy, just as long as it gets the job done correctly.

Edited by Joe Statler

go with the simplest skin for NSIS (since that's what I think you meant by plugins). We don't need anything fancy, just as long as it gets the job done correctly.

I don't like the simplest one, I think it looks "too" basic. It has to be at least NSIS MUI at a minimum, as far as I can see changing the look of the installer doesn't impact performance anyway.

The second one looks way too much like Installshield, reminds installing some old, buggy programs, imo