Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
BTTF Forever

new cutscene time travel

i was just thinking, you know how like at the start of the third movie, just before it cuts to the first scene, there is something like this

Saturday

November 12 1955

10:03 PM

and then it fades out.

now if you could have a similar type thing when the screen fades out to black after you time travel, that would be great.

maybe something like this, EG: time circuts= MAY 03 1994 3:08 PM

then after you time travel it fades to black and comes up with that little sparkle music thing.

May 3rd

3:08 PM

fades back in to screen and see three explotions.......bla bla bla

you could change the existing cutscene time travel or create a whole new type of time travel

For EG....

Instant Time Travel.

Cutscene Time Travel.

Movie Time Travel.

what do you think?

Edited by BTTF Forever

not bad not bad

I also think this will make the game even more unstable than it allready is.

I don't think it's right for time travel, but maybe after you load/start a game

sounds good like that too

hmmm hscitpe idea is good too and better in after you time traveling he would be bored to have this time travel 4 or 5 time in game , one is enought for remind when you are ^^

but maybe after you load/start a game

thanks for your replys, oh, and i fixed the time tavel thing, thanks for pointing it out, i am only 15!, anyway hscitpe, you know what, THATS AN EVEN BETTER IDEA!!!! :D :D , BUT if this does get implemented i hope i get credit for starting the idea. ;) ;)

i was also just wondering, after 0.2f does it go straight to 0.3a, or does it go to 0.2g,0.2h.......

you get the idea!

thanks again for the comments

PS: May 3rd 1994 was my birthday!!

Edited by BTTF Forever

I've already requested this before back in version 0.2c or 0.2d, which is way before I became a moderator, and Del gave one response: it's impossible.

It's not possible to make text appear in a blackened screen. Already tried this myself after learning GTA coding, and no luck.

well what about right when you start, minus the black screen?

EDIT: What would be really neat is if we could make the game play the last 30 seconds of gameplay (from the F1 F2 and F3 thing) and have the current time playing on the bottom of that

Edited by hscitpe

it's impossible.

WRONG!!! It's possible. I did it with the speedometer. If you remove from the scm this line under the :spdmtr thread:

if and

$TRAVEL == 0

$CUTSCENE == 0

jf @blah

and you then recompile it, when you time travel the speed will fluxuate on the black screen. So yes it is possible.

That's the speedometer. Try displaying a bottom screen text or a upper left corner screen text then have the screen blackened. You'll see why it's impossible. If it does, however, then go ask Del why he said it's impossible, AND why he never accepted and implemented this idea (of mine) earlier.

Also, if you can, try posting the rest of the code which that code belongs to. I can't tell how and why it can show the speedometer with that code alone.

Del's not completely infallible. I remember a time when animations were "impossible". Or glowing coils/wormhole was "not possible" or longer fire trails, RC mode, and backwards 99 fire trails were "impossible". I know because they were the first five things I requested back on Moddb in my first post.

That in fact is impossible. In the coding you can't find out when you start a load game.

That's the speedometer.

And that's a simple positioned and styled text, no difference from what would be used for this.

Lemme re-phrase this: "That's the speedometer. Have the screen blackened, which is to play a new game or load a saved game, then try displaying a bottom screen text or a upper left corner screen text". The point I'm showing here is not how the text will appear, but how you will code it.

I was referring to the load/new game thing being impossible. After all, I said "blackened screen", not "faded screen". For me, these are two different things -- blackened screen simply means clearing out everything in view and having nothing to display at all, while faded screen means hiding the data from view. :P (sorry for the confusion earlier)

Yes, having text appear in a faded screen is entirely possible, as how Mini-Me and DK described it. It would flicker, but people won't bother much. But this is more applicable to the missions than the time travel sequence.

Well if you play an unmodded vice city and start a new game you have on the black screen things like:

Outside ken's office

and they don't flash

yup, that's a txd texture (txd/intro4.txd), called by 044D.

Haven't found that in the exe with the extension, but though I guess the names are hardcoded.

yup, that's a txd texture (txd/intro4.txd), called by 044D.

Haven't found that in the exe with the extension, but though I guess the names are hardcoded.

So create a texture as such and have it appear right after the time travel animation.....?

EDIT: Actually that probably wouldn't work since you'd have to create a texture for each possible date. Haha.....

Maybe you create a few textures with the BTTF dates and then it only happens during BTTF Missions.

Then again, there's that coding space thing.....

I prefer raybobs last idea.

In the missions these screens appear with BTTF dates.

That's what I've just said. I thought someone suggested the mission idea thing earlier.

Yes, having text appear in a faded screen is entirely possible, as how Mini-Me and DK described it. It would flicker, but people won't bother much. But this is more applicable to the missions than the time travel sequence.

Sign in to follow this