Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Proposal for 0.2f - Multilingual setup file

Since del is no longer doing any actual work on the mod, Mini-Me and I decided we would start looking into how to build the setup file using the Nullsoft Scriptable Install System.

As part of this process, we decided that we would include additional languages so non english speaking players can install the mod with ease.

To that end, we are currently looking at coding in the following languages:

Language readme.txt/license.txt *.gxt-file Notes
English done done
French done done
German done done
Italian done done *.gxt-file needs to be updated to 0.2e
Spanish done done Thanks go to Carlos

We are open to adding additional languages, however we do ask that you take the following two three files and convert them into your native language, once converted, please email them along with a copy of your language .gxt file to admin@bttfhillvalley.co.uk

http://www.bttfhillvalley.co.uk/languagefiles/license.txt

http://www.bttfhillvalley.co.uk/languagefiles/readme1st.txt

http://www.bttfhillvalley.co.uk/languagefiles/setuptext.txt

EDIT - Please do not use this topic to discuss speculative dates for the release of 0.2f, it is still a long way from being ready, and may not even make a release this year. We are simply preparing the install script so that it is ready when the time comes.

Edited by Mike
Updated stats of the data

This is better -- instead of having the language packs as separate downloads, you just go select the language pack you want to install for the mod.

I think you kinda misunderstood what I wrote, the actual setup file itself will be in multiple languages, as part of the install all the .gxts we have for the mod will be installed.

And no Archer, english is english, there is no need for two versions.

I'm already beginning the Spanish translation, but I need my files to make it as accurate as possible. So expect both files today.

This is actually a very good idea. But I feel you will still need to make another "Installing the Mod for Dummies" pdf file for 0.2f. Not for me personally, but you know that there will be a couple of morons that will need it.

Edited by Joe Statler

We may not need to, and if we do it should only really be a 1/2 page document.

Mini-Me found a command line utility off of which GTA Mod Installer was based, so in the new setup file all the models are installed via this command line utility, all handled by the setup file, which will negate the need to bundle GMI.

So hopefully we may have a release where we no longer have to upload a separate sfx and img archive.

Thank god. I hate GMI.

*cough* I already had that idea months ago and when Mike asked me stuff about NSIS I decided to simply try doing the whole script on my own.

Note: The texts listed above are not all the texts to be translated.

Once more of the installer is done (dialogs that tell you what not to do) I will post you some other translation requests.

Also I'm not sure if Del had a simple line in the installer I included. This line unsets the Read-Only option of the files gta3.img/.dir and sfx.raw/.std to prevent the apps from crashing when editing these files later on, so maybe we'll have less problems when installing.

Wow, this is a really good idea, I'd be OK translating the thing into Latvian, if.. I knew anyone else using this mod. :mellow: But the idea is great! :thumbs:

Go back and read Mike's last post. It will definately be easier since the setup file installs the models for you, so you don't need to select the options with the GMI.

*cough* I already had that idea months ago and when Mike asked me stuff about NSIS I decided to simply try doing the whole script on my own.

Note: The texts listed above are not all the texts to be translated.

Once more of the installer is done (dialogs that tell you what not to do) I will post you some other translation requests.

Also I'm not sure if Del had a simple line in the installer I included. This line unsets the Read-Only option of the files gta3.img/.dir and sfx.raw/.std to prevent the apps from crashing when editing these files later on, so maybe we'll have less problems when installing.

I read that. I still kept thinking you still be using GMI.

There are always people that don't read close :P...

Added a tabular list to tell you which translations are done and which still need to be done.

I'm sure he will read that at some time and offers himself to ;).

I think so...

lol just noticed that we have a [table] code in the forums. At first, I thought the list was just an image.

Dumb you :P (just kidding) look at the link next ot the new symbol in my signature :P.

If it is for telling me how to use it, no need. I just simply viewed Mike's post via post editor to see the [table] code.

This would be useful. :D

Thank me, I brought this up to Mike (as well as the spoiler-bbcode) :P.

And I think of enhancing the table creator.

E.g. a simple counter that counts the number of creations (I need to think of smth. to make the lazy browser view an dynamic image at every creation, but it loads it from the cache if the link stays the same) or a way to insert rows or columns to the existing code.

Ok folks, we have a working multilingual setup file. Simply click on the spoiler tag to view screenshots of the translated versions.

I didn't think it was worth posting the English version, but if someone wants to see it just let me know.

German

SPOILER:
de_inst1.jpg

de_inst2.jpg

de_inst3.jpg

de_inst4.jpg

de_inst5.jpg

de_inst6.jpg

de_inst7.jpg

de_inst8.jpg

de_inst9.jpg

Spanish

SPOILER:
sp_inst1.jpg

sp_inst2.jpg

sp_inst3.jpg

sp_inst4.jpg

sp_inst5.jpg

sp_inst6.jpg

sp_inst7.jpg

sp_inst8.jpg

sp_inst9.jpg

French

SPOILER:
fr_inst1.jpg

fr_inst2.jpg

fr_inst3.jpg

fr_inst4.jpg

fr_inst5.jpg

fr_inst6.jpg

fr_inst7.jpg

fr_inst8.jpg

fr_inst9.jpg

Italian

SPOILER:
itl_inst1.jpg

itl_inst2.jpg

itl_inst3.jpg

itl_inst4.jpg

itl_inst5.jpg

itl_inst6.jpg

itl_inst7.jpg

itl_inst8.jpg

itl_inst9.jpg

This image needs to be tweaked to look better, but you get the idea.

eng_inst2.jpg

With special thanks to Mini-Me for all his efforts in creating the install script. Thanks buddy :)

This does not mean that 0.2f is ready for release - we are merely creating the install script so that it is ready when development of 0.2f has been completed. So don't ask for a release date.

Sign in to follow this