Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Flux Capacitor

Numberpad TC input

Well i know C++ but i don't know if i'm cabable of making an interface to use the Numpad in the game. I could try but can't promise anything, the only thing i have made is a Webbrowser XD.

I think that's because at the time I pre sanny builder code, what I took was from Bartons. :P

Nope, this wouldn't change any value...

Nope, this wouldn't change any value...

well it had something like T_TRAV in the line that creates the TC's for the spawned car(s), in sanny it's something like C Time

Well i know C++ but i don't know if i'm cabable of making an interface to use the Numpad in the game. I could try but can't promise anything, the only thing i have made is a Webbrowser XD.

couldnt you download the 0.2c one and look at the coding of that?

Well, i guess i could take a look at it.

Are you guys sure it's 0.2c?

How about the first and more unstable released 0.2d? That has the spawn code, right?

Angel, can you teach me how to code? :rolleyes:

I don't have the time. Go find someone else. :P

I've said earlier that I'm going for a simpler language for a change like GML (Game Maker Language). But I won't be leaving C++/C#/C just yet -- I still have that Half-Life 2 mod on the works (Ghosthunter Chronicles) which will (hopefully) serve as my last C++ based project.

Offtopic: Just learned my Multimedia Arts & Sciences professor is a former Apple employee, and apparently has the same view on Macs as iPro. And I never knew the Apple company itself kicked out Steve Jobs as the head of the company, which is worse than Bill Gate's case which was simply just a retirement.

Is Python even used anymore? I haven't seen that since 2002.

Edited by archer9234

Ok, i looked at the Numpad program but i couldn't open it in Visual Basic because there isn't an option for opening .exe because it's illegal to edit .exe blablabla.

I have no idea where to start on this code. Really sucks i can't edit the original program because it would've been alot easyer.

That's why i can't help, if i could edit the code it would be alot easyer. I tried alot of programs who claim they can edit .exe's but they don't do anything.

I really have no idea where to start if i would have to write the whole code by myself.

That's the problem, *.exes are undecompilable :D.

@Mike:

No, this would be a whole different thread as far as I know.

This the directive to give a thread a name: thread 'TIME'

And after compiling they stay intact in the scm:

screenshot_11-08-2009154228.jpg

So the thread must have been re-named an probably changed a bit more in between.

Like Mini-Me said, they're undecompilable. Once you compile your stuff to an EXE or a DLL, you can't decompile it back. It's not because the maker of the EXEs and the DLLs doesn't want people ripping some code stuff from EXEs and DLLs, it's simply just impossible by how these two files work.

You can however edit EXEs, but this is basically hacking through the EXE itself.

The guy who posted it originally, never posted an editable version.

Not an EXE, but he released many different versions (in exe form) with various bug fixes, a standalone TXT of the code itself and a version for if you had your own code, which in the days of 0.2c almost everyone did. I had them all back when I was his beta tester but I suffered an HDD crash shortly after 0.2d was released and lost them all.

Edited by hscitpe

Well if someone knows a way to let me edit the EXE then PM me.

The only way I know editing *.exe-files is using a hex-editor :D.

But this way you only are able to alter names of variables, in my case I did exactly that for the crah killer to make it work with VC.

You will neither be able to add new code nor to enlarge the total size of the file (which means you can only overwrite not insert signs in the file).

What i was told is that i had to make it fit the new versions of the mod. You say all i can do is edit some parts. I need to be able to edit ALL of the codes.

Even if you were able to edit it, you would only be able to get it to work with 0.2d. Del always said that a keypad add on for versions 0.2e and greater would be impossible because of the multiple time machines feature.

Ok, then why are we still talking about this XD.

Del always said that a keypad add on for versions 0.2e and greater would be impossible because of the multiple time machines feature.

What I can't understand...

I'm not sure, but I guess he meant that because the memory addresses where the TC-dates are saved differ for each TM, but as far as I can imagine, it would work, if an external app saved the new inputs to exactly the same variables each time (memory addresses would stay the same, unless you edit the scm) and a code in the scm could be done that always picks the values from that variable to set the TCs for that specific TM you're driving.

But I'm no C++ coder, so I'm not guaranteeing that it would work :P.

well del said multiple timee machines was not possible but we have them in the game so keypad control in 0.2e is possible

and would this help?

http://www.gtamodding.com/index.php?title=...resses_%28VC%29

and this

http://www.gtamodding.com/index.php?title=...resses_%28VC%29

Edited by Grim Reaper1666

Sign in to follow this