Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Flux Capacitor

Numberpad TC input

It's not possible to make it work for 0.2e and above not mainly because of the multiple time machines feature but because of how the keypad program itself works.

I'm guessing it works by "activating" the keypad or writing the code to memory when you activate the time circuits, then "deactivating" when the time travel sequence initiates to not only free up memory but also prevent the program from allowing the player to change the destination time DURING the sequence itself, which would likely cause the game to crash. Then after the sequence, it "re-activates".

If this is the case, sending a time machine in RC mode would "deactivate" the keypad, making it useless until either any one of the DeLoreans (the one you sent in RC mode or not) returns back from travel. Because the keypad program is made for the MTM feature-less version of the mod, it can't tell whether the time machine traveled with you in it or in RC, and how many time machines you currently have after the RC travel.

If we are to re-implement the same keypad feature, it would HAVE to work differently than the 0.2d one. And what Mini-Me said is most likely possible...as long as we know which memory address the keypad program should target.

Save which in an ini file? The time machine you sent? That would be hell more complicated. Plus, Vista users who have their UAC activated would have trouble using the keypad feature (the UAC will likely block the program's ability to record stuff in an ini file, nor even be able to create an ini file in the first place).

In addition to what I said above, notice that in versions 0.2c, 0.2d and other MTM feature-less versions, if you create two time machines, sent one to RC, ride on the other and try to activate its time circuits, it won't, but if the time machine turns back, the time circuits suddenly activates by itself, showing the destination time and the last time departed of the DeLorean that returned from travel.

In short, all of the time machine share 1 time circuits. But the time circuits and time travel now working different in 0.2e to allow each machine to have its own time circuits and time travel data I'm guessing would be another possible reason why the keypad program won't work now.

could we move the coils into a dll to increase coding space and other parts which would work better like that?

coronas can be created like that as i saw in those links i posted.

@angel:

That's exactly how I think Del has come to the point that the numpad thingamajig wouldn't work in 0.2e.

The new TT thread now creates new variables for each TM you build -> different mem. addresses.

So with the idea I imagined I see no reason why it shouldn't work if we had a C++ coder :D.

So in theory, angelo could make this, seeing as he is a wizz with C++.

What do you say angelo, fancy giving it a try?

So in theory, angelo could make this, seeing as he is a wizz with C++.

What do you say angelo, fancy giving it a try?

Any thoughts on this Angelo?

lol like I said earlier I'm going for less serious programming languages like GML, and a BIG break on C++ for now. Sorry, but you guys will need to find another "C++ wizz" who has the time and the willingness, and isn't planning to take a Multimedia Arts (& Sciences) college course. :P

But this doesn't mean I'm going to leave C++/C#/C/Java/Basic forever. I AM aiming for game development in my college course, after all, so knowledge on serious programming languages is vital.

Yea I'm taking multimedia arts in college as well, although I will have to really start learing coding language (I've dabbed into it, but never seriously studied it). This semester I start with INTRO TO PC OPERATING SYSTEMS & INTRO TO INTEGRATED SOFTWARE PROGRAMS (easy A's).

Edited by Joe Statler

at school i learn that things but i'm not good at that.

Yea I'm taking multimedia arts in college

I'm talking Multimedia Arts & Sciences, meaning programming and some computer science stuff are included in our curriculum. This is the reason why we NEED to take advanced math classes. Only one university here in the Philippines has this kind of course. The others only have Multimedia Arts.

This also means more job opportunities for me after graduation (more than those who just took Multimedia Arts).

Well after I'm done with getting my degree and have a good job, I'm going to go to school at night (or over the inter-web) to get a 2nd bachelor's degree in Astronomy, no matter how long it takes.

Edited by Joe Statler

Tweaked the topic title, that shouting made me angry.

@Flux Capacitor:

Next time pick a title that fits to the content of the topic; A (probably un)written forum rule.

That's the problem, *.exes are undecompilable :D.

@Mike:

No, this would be a whole different thread as far as I know.

This the directive to give a thread a name: thread 'TIME'

And after compiling they stay intact in the scm:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk305/M...-2009154228.jpg

So the thread must have been re-named an probably changed a bit more in between.

does this mean you guys can make cheat codes ...like these

plutonium for bttf 1

trash for bttf2

stuff like that?

Nope, cheat codes are hardcoded into the EXE. However, if they can get a time circuit numberpad to work, then they can.

Sign in to follow this