Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
marty007

Screen shake at temperal displacement

Sorry to bother you guys but i was just wondering if was possible to make the screen shake a little at the moment of time travel. i think i saw someone do it with GTA4. I was just wondering if it was possible. i think that would be cool.

remember they need enough coding space for the missions too, so this may be a question that should be set aside for later.

Edited by Nikaido

I don't like the screen shake, it looks tacky/naff. It does it in the SA mini-mod and its way OTT!

Edited by Orgcon

isn't OTT written with D? So ODD?

@Statler:

Would only be 2 lines (one per each mode, Instant and Cutscene).

Is there any chance of changing the random views? With the ones already in place, almost every time I travel through time I miss the exit explosion (and fire trails in the Jules Verne Train and DeLorean [in flight mode])

Mike already had the idea to remove the view that should be in front of the DeLorean so that only the one behind it would exist, would you agree?

Yeah that'll work, something kinda like the spinning plate view, but broader and pulled back a little farther. And for this who screen shaking idea, how about if it's used when in remote control mode

OTT = Over The Top :P

As in going too far, ridiculous, absurd, preposterous, laughable, derision! :lol:

Nope, no camera shake, didn't happen in the movie, so it won't happen in the mod.

If people want it then maybe Mini can code it as an add-on, though it would be a very pointless one in my opinion.

@Statler:

Would only be 2 lines (one per each mode, Instant and Cutscene).

So, if its only 2 lines, could someone please post them. i don't care what everyone else thinks. I think it looks cool, and i just want to try it out. Thanks

yeah but it looks cool

It's just you. :P BTTF time travel doesn't really look good with screen shakes. Note that BTTF time travel was made in a way to make people imagine that the DeLorean actually accelerated so fast it left nothing but a pair of fire trails. Screen shake will make it look like the DeLorean exploded and sh*t, realistic but boring. The kind of awesome and epic feeling that is felt with the current BTTF time travel can't be felt with the screen shakes.

The screen shake code is a simple one-line code.

0003: shake_camera 25

(the 2-digit number is for telling how many seconds the shake should last)

How it should be put in the main.scm will be all up to you (right now I can't help you on this).

Guest Rave
Sorry to bother you guys

no you arent. <_<

didn't happen in the movie, so it won't happen in the mod.

but you still wont turn the train and the delorean around even though it happened in the movie

The screen shake code is a simple one-line code.

0003: shake_camera 25

(the 2-digit number is for telling how many seconds the shake should last)

How it should be put in the main.scm will be all up to you (right now I can't help you on this).

So where do you put this line of code

Can't you read what you quote.

Can't you read what you quote.

Yes, but someone here must know where it fits in all the lines of code. i just want to know where to put the line.

but you still wont turn the train and the delorean around even though it happened in the movie

What are you talking about? :huh:

He means that we don't need to be all that accurate, his grammar isn't perfect in this sentence :P.

But we'll try to keep a good balance of accuracy and our own imagination.

If you don't want the last part, tell us, then stuff like the DMC-13 and location circuits will be removed.

Sign in to follow this