Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
bttf92

GTA IV Time Travel

Bump for bttf92

Edited by Mini-Me

First, thanks to Mini-Me!

I resumed working on my mod and this is a little update. I make the new TC, that are now much more similar to the film. Soon I will release the new version of the mod. Watch the video in 1080p or 720p for a better resolution.

" width="600px" height="361px">
" />
" width="600px" height="361px" allowFullScreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" />

Edited by bttf92

i like that did you use something like g4m hook for the tcs?

it would be good to see the delorean make the trip soon (that is if anyone can get it transferred maybe the crysis one or the vc one) than ask permission to release it with you mod.

If only I... That's a long list for me when it comes to GTA 4, lol.

I'm not planning to install it yet because I just reinstalled Windows 7. I still have many important stuff like Microsoft Office to install.

I'm guna finsh the main story before I install any mods. last time i buggered up my install n had to start again. This looks pretty good start thou

I'm guna finsh the main story before I install any mods. last time i buggered up my install n had to start again.

Same here. I finished VC and SA before trying any mods.

I add the fire trails.

" />
" width="600px" height="361px" allowFullScreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" />

@♠Grim♂ Reaper 1666◙: I don't use the g4m hook, but the .NET Script Hook. For me, Visual Basic is more simple than C++. However a DeLorean for IV would be wonderful but seems that nobody of the modelers is interested in the conversion.

DK converted our one, but it has some issues that can't be fixed.

By the way, are you able to update the time circuits to not have the / between them? There are also some other changes which could be made to make the circuits more movie accurate.

Do you mean like this?

gtaiv2010050915492332.jpg

However, yes, there are other changes to be made. Like for AM/PM, in the film a LED indicates if the hour is ante meridiem or post meridiem. And the colon that separates hours and minutes should blink.

Edited by bttf92

Yep that's it. And also the way the destination time updates. In the movie whenever a destination is entered, when they press the confirm key, the destination time blanks out before updating with the new destination time. (If that makes sense)

Et voilà!What else should I change?

" />

Good work. I think it should update a little faster though.

Another change I can see, is that, when you enter only the time, for example 0124 that should update instantly as per the film.

So, entering:

month/day/year/time = blanks out

month/day/year = blanks out

time = instant

OK, I made these changes!Now I have to modify the speedometer, I don't like the current one.

Meanwhile this is the new release with all new features, enjoy!

DOWNLOAD

Edited by bttf92

Well, GTAIV's code is structured differently and secondly I use VB .NET. In this case the problem is the native that draws the texture on the screen, you can use it only in a particular event of the class, therefore use of the timer is hard.

no but he has the most experience and can catch an excuse if he sees one. He could probably do what bttf92 is doing in 5 minutes. But also bttf92 may be new to this and solutions don't come to him as easily.

I'm not looking for excuses. I'm looking for "Ok, let me see if I can try it." If he said that like after a few days, then I understand, but this was rather immediate, telling me he hasn't played with it yet. So I said it was a lame excuse when he clearly hasn't given the time to play around with it.

He might think that it might be hard, but theres always more than one way to tackle a problem. Like he reasons that the native function that draws the texture on the screen, can only be used in a particular event of the class and that would make use of a timer hard, and thats just not right. He can use the timer to trigger events of the class.

And also his comment about that GTAIV is structured differently....well, newsflash, so is the TI Basic Language, C++ with DX Hook, C++ with SDL, Apple I, and GTA code that I have made time circuits for. And I can easily configure the javascript and php one on this site to do the same, as well as do it in Java if the rest of the circuits was already developed and only needed the month delay in showing up.

And sorry, school is making me cranky. So I'm going to be a bit irritable.