Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Dragon King

New Cinema floor

Cinema Floor  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ace make a new floor for the cinema to make it easier to get to 88 mph and possibly be able to time travel faster and make the cinema cleaner and more movie accurate?

• Yes
    • No

Should Ace make a new floor for the cinema to make it easier to get to 88 mph and possibly be able to time travel faster and make the cinema cleaner and more movie accurate?

Lol that's to do with the collision rather than the angle the surface is at the collision holds information about the surface properties, what it's like wet, whether it's mud, grass, sand, concrete, so it could be done with a simple .dat changes... or whatever the file is that has the surface properties in... hmm... *evil grin* time for a bit of experimentation...

I think that the current sand surface works well. If you consider that a) it was on rough ground and cool.gif the delorean was using replacement parts so it needed a longer run at 88 and just cleared the screen - we've got to recreate that ingame, and make it feel as though the delorean is struggling to get to 88. I've tested the sand floor as it is at the moment and it works well I think. Any sort of artificial floor would take that part away from the points that were being made. Besides this, you're transitioning to sand/soil surface anyway, so it'd make more sense for the map transition to take place in this way also.

But it looked big but in reality the cinema was small. Not the size it is now.

I know, but I think that it's more important to recreate the experience rather than the accurate layouts. The cinema complex itself was tiny, and no way long enough to encompass the sequence of the delorean accelerating to 88, hence all the cuts in the film. I think that people would give it leeway if it felt to them as though they were taking part in that scene.

Sign in to follow this