:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
delorean88us

1955 HV Courthouse Square - Discussion Topic

:zipped:

Good boy.

So it will be like it is now with that straight black road leading to the town? Or are we adding houses and the mall back in on the road as well?

I'm pretty damn sure it's just going to be the courthouse square. But then there were those models of the Drive-In they were working on so...

Might as well make it official, since it was decided internally some time ago.

All future releases of the 0.2x series of the mod will not include any part of the Hill Valley map, as we have found with 0.2e, it just causes too many stability issues when using it alongside the Vice City map.

That doesn't mean the map won't be available, we will still offer it as a separate download for those who wish to test it.

Update July 23 2009: The town square portion of the map will still be included, and will feature a simple road allowing you to travel to/from it. (Just like the latest 0.2e update)

now my question is "will the 1955-1985 time travel mini mission still be implemented or not?"

These codes and the codes responsible for [...] the lighning run are that deep in the code weaved, that I haven't completely found out where the codes for that start or what all belongs to them.

But this isn't the main reason why it'll stay in.

@ Courthouse & Maker

:jawdrop::worthy::thumbs:

Edited by RGi

Holy crap. I just got home from work and logged on. The Court house is better than i ever hoped and dreamed for. I think i feel a tear forming. Too..... much..... for.....words.

Am I the only impatient one here? lol. I just want to know, roughly, how long it will be until 0.2f. Will it be months still? Weeks?

When you follow years of this mod, you overcome impatience you begin to understand how hard to make this bottle and how long takes to make it, and a new world full of opportunities is presented to you.

The last part is a lie, but it sounded epic ;) .

and we need paths for the peds

I'm sure not too many people agree with me, but this and peds textured like the movie IN THEIR CORRECT TIMES are more important to me than finishing the map at the moment.

You're right. I don't agree with you :P

btw, isn't your signature oversized?

... you will need a lot graphics ram and hope the engine allows us to use it, or we need to set the draw distance way smaller.

Well the original game only requires 64MB and most people now have 128MB-1GB RAM so it shouldn't be huge problem. Plus, if they make LODs that would help a lot too.

Am I the only impatient one here? lol. I just want to know, roughly, how long it will be until 0.2f. Will it be months still? Weeks? I just want to know because as much as I love this mod, I seem to forget about checking for updates here on the forums and the mod completely only because I overplayed the game this summer so now I'm taking a short break :blink: So just an update on progress?

I'll probably be nest year, which sadly is more than a year since 0.2e. But once you see the progress they've made (and you realize that there's lots of other stuff to do in your life) you'll be sure glad it was worth the wait.

However, I must admit that at this rate it'll be like 6 years until version 1.0 and by then probably nobody will even have VC anymore....

I don't agree either, ped's can wait until last, they aren't high priority.

But peds obviously take less time to make and they seem more like a 'missing feature' type of thing, which is supposed to be fixed in 0.2f.

The ped movie skins could wait until their respective map times (1955 peds in 0.3b, 1985 peds in 0.5b, etc.) but the ped paths really should be incorporated in 0.2f. Besides, from what I saw in one of the missions teasers, it looked like someobdy already had some ped paths in the works.....

And believe me, if I knew how to do it, I'd do it myself.

Edited by raybob

Ok, for the skins, if someone on the team knew how, we would do it too.

As for paths, car and ped paths have been in 0.2f for quite a while now. Plus never say never. I still play some old fashioned Mario :P

yea, I myself still play all the genesis Sonic the Hedgehog games. Which I still think are better than the recent ones. And the original Doom.

Edited by Joe Statler

I just lent my Super Nintendo with Super Mario World 2 to a cousin :(.

Ok, for the skins, if someone on the team knew how, we would do it too.

So who made the Marty McFly, Doc, and Biff skins?

They're fan made skins from the old forum. There are other fan made skins here and there is a link to a download of all the skins from the old forum in that topic. It should be post #8.

Edited by Joe Statler

i know how perfect we all want this mod to be so i just wanted to give my anal opinion on the clock. I was looking at a still of a close up of the clock. (http://www.outatime.it/ritornoalfuturo/frame/index.php?cs=579650) and there appears to be "nail heads" around the circumference of the face. i didn't see any on the newest model that was made. Just thought i would bring it to whom it may concerns attention.

never mind. i see the nail heads... lol

Edited by marty007

i just noticed in the new clock tower pictures, there is no "industrial strength electrical cable running from the top of the clock tower, down to the street running between these 2 lamp posts", why isn't it there?

med_gallery_3_212745.jpg

does it only show up at 10:00 o' clock at NOV 12 1955 or something?

Edited by BTTF Forever

does it only show up at 10:00 o' clock at NOV 12 1955 or something?

It'll show up from November 12 1955 07:00PM until say November 13 1955 12:00 PM.

The fact that the clock is working in the images we posted of it should be enough of an indication that the images were taken Pre Nov 12 1955 10:04 PM

I still love seeing the courthouse come together. Nearly every time I check the forums, there always seems to be something new or interesting to see. Great work to those who deserve the praise. I know that I may not always be of tremendous help, but I do greatly appreciate the people who put together this wonderful mod. To everyone else who isn't working on the mod and are complaining of progress: BE PATIENT! The mod team is only doing what they can and when they have time to do it. They have lives like the rest of the people in the world. Back to the mod team: Keep up the great work guys!