Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Flux Capacitor

GTA Graphics improvement

Plus this mod makes the BTTF mod more unstable than it already is. That means more crashes.

A mod that allows the engine to use more memory would be a LOT better than this.

Which would overhang my gc's-memory :D.

The VC version sucks anyways. The SA version works great but the VC version just makes everything look like sh*t and it is a resource hog.

There is something known as the old "Hogging Technique": It is about FORCING an old engine to load as many stuff like high-poly models and serious code alterations as possible to increase its need for and usage of processing power and RAM. This will increase not only the requirements for it to run but also, amazingly, stability. I still can't explain how this happens, but AFAICR it is like making the game's RAM usage from the original 128 MB to 512 MB and it staying it that way, where if you keep old stuff it would likely go back to 128 MB usage when they load them then when it begin loading serious stuff again it crashes and sh*t.

I'm telling this because the same instability is happening to 0.2e right now. If only we can replace all of the stuff that need replacing, we can make it stable while keeping the high-poly models, but we can't for some of those stuff. We can reduce the polys of the models and stuff, but crashes like switching between hover and on-ground modes (refer on the last sentence of the first paragraph you'd know why it does crash in this part) would still occur, and eventually when we add more features it MIGHT become more unstable and even barely playable.

And I have this feeling (again) we'll move to SA sooner or later. (coincidence or not, my "feelings" never lied to me before lol; I just hope this one does)

Edited by angeloelibz24

Sign in to follow this