Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Johny-The-Dot-Damn

My question

If I want to make two players, (which I have done it) how can I make only one player controllable and the others stays like a statue. I want to make some things which needs these things. Can somebody help me?

Guest Rave
If I want to make two players, (which I have done it) how can I make only one player controllable and the others stays like a statue. I want to make some things which needs these things. Can somebody help me?

use make frozen or charactor can move to false or something like that right under the player that you want unsable

But both will be unmovable.... I dunno why...

Guest Rave
But both will be unmovable.... I dunno why...

ok their should be something in blue at the begining of your text like $player on your clone and you

change the clones to $player1

and the make player frozen or what ever should have an $player on it do the same and play your game

if it helps set the norml player to true :P

Oh lol...thnx.. :P I use the wrong code

Guest Rave
Oh lol...thnx.. :P I use the wrong code

lol no problem

lol you can also set a count down and a marker so when the count down ends the player walks to the marker

i made tommy walk all the way to hillvalleys court yard once lol i followed him XD

Edited by Rave

This thing is sort of identical to Zeti's RC CJ, if you know that one.

Speaking of which and the thing about the whole KITT vs. KARR thing in the other topic, I'm still wondering if we're going to have an alternate Marty/Doc/Biff/Jennifer/etc. reenact the missions you've finished AFTER finishing all missions. Because this is AI sh*t, it doesn't need to mimic every single thing you did, but it would be a more error-free reenactment. Many fans would LOVE to experience something like this. It would also stop fans from mentioning the same old "past self" suggestion.

It would be possible. Just create another player ($Player_char2) or sort, make it uncontrolable, move it to points by points.

i made one.(doc clone from control pannel ideas). i made one freeze and another movable while the camera also changes to the movable player. then press a key and your at the other player. one player is doc and one is marty. i think you'll find it a bit harder than what you think. oh and HI! :D

I would have done it a more secure way since VC isn't that a stable game with foreign codes :D.

I'd make Doc an actor and when you press that key you get the coords of both, destroy Doc put you there and change your clothes and spawn Marty as an actor where the player has been.

This way you wont have any problems with the camera or the wrong player being controllable.

A similar way is used for the RC.

I would have done it a more secure way since VC isn't that a stable game with foreign codes :D.

I'd make Doc an actor and when you press that key you get the coords of both, destroy Doc put you there and change your clothes and spawn Marty as an actor where the player has been.

This way you wont have any problems with the camera or the wrong player being controllable.

A similar way is used for the RC.

Ooo...... please please do this, i want it very much, when will you make/release it? GO EDFAKE and MINI-ME ;):lol::):D

When will they start making it? I'm guessing 3-4 years from now.

At this point, the mod is too unstable to have these features yet. Wait 'till we have ALL missions then we'll discuss about the past self thing whether to implement it or not.

I still doubt the past self thing is possible. But I have a good idea for what could the game do if you caused a paradox: Crash :D!

But we weren't talking about past selves here :P.

Edited by Mini-Me

So past self IS possible (the AI-following-coded-actions-to-reenact-missions idea, I mean)?

And lol at paradox. Try a code that forces the game show a message saying "PARADOX" for a brief moment then crash. :lol:

Someone wants to slap me?

I was thinking of two formulations of the sentence and mixed them up.

I corrected it above, it should have been either one this:

I still doubt the past self thing is possible/I still think the past self thing is impossible.

And letting the game display Paradox, followed by a 5 sec. wait time and then a crash shouldn't be that hard :D.

Probably it might be enough to destroy $Player_Actor or $Player_Char.

Edited by Mini-Me

Just thought about the whole past self thing, and by the looks of it it is indeed impossible. It is mainly because, in reality, the code in main.scm is read by the game like a step-by-step instructions with loops and if-conditions and stuff. Yeah, you can make AI follow a set of actions coded in the script for it to follow and reenact one of the scenes, but the thing is, while they're doing it, it will prevent you from doing stuff like time travel or even ANY other mod features including entering missions until the current past self sequence has ended.

There is a way to fix it, but it will involve complicated stuff like integrating major codes like the time travel script itself with the past self sequence or vice versa, which means more coding space wasted.

Damn, if we only have a way of loading more than 1 game script at once, like GTA:SA (a la CLEO), having features like the past self sequences is possible. I hope someone like Seemann or R* perhaps would reconsider making the pre-GTA:SA games more moddable.

But like I said, it would be wise to discuss it further in the far future.

When I said "hope", I also meant "it's unlikely". :P

If they don't really bother, you'd wonder why R* did when they made that MPACK add-on for GTA:SA.

ROFLMAO never mind what I've said. Mini-Me reminded me that the SCM can have multiple threads, so it is possible that more than one feature can work. Must've sticked to CLEO scripting for too long now that I forgot about this. :wacko:

Yes, the past self sequence is possible, but the thing is, not only it's coding space-wasting but also it cannot be used outside the missions so if you stayed at one place then travel 2 minutes back, you won't be seeing yourself there. You can, however, see yourself doing the missions you've finished if you travel back, but your past self won't be doing exactly how you did the mission if you know what I mean.

I still can't make the player frozen... i make 2 players (or more) controllable and i want to know what should i change to make one frozen :confused:

I still can't make the player frozen... i make 2 players (or more) controllable and i want to know what should i change to make one frozen :confused:

Turn the other to a ped then have it so that he won't appear in the sidewalks walking around like a normal ped would?

But it is possible to have him frozen and even give him ped-like characteristics like fighting back if you threaten him, as well as be able to switch control between the two, but because I can't access my Sanny Builder at the moment (if you saw my posts in the Shoutbox, you'd know), I don't know the codes. Try referring to the GTA:SA CLEO mod "RC CJ".

Sign in to follow this