Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

0.2e Test Map update, water level fix (at doc's garage) and car downgrader

This new update seems to have made the game much more stable, i didn't get any crashes within the 2015 era like I had experienced before, overall nice work. I tried both with keep the Hill Valley map active and removed, both just as stable, no random crashes whatsoever.

However the game still crashes when:

-Trying to attach the hook to the delorean on the night of november 12th 1955 (happens mostly when time circuits are active, otherwise works just fine).

-Refueling the time circuits on the DMC 13 time machine. (Happens mostly in the tutorial, otherwise it works just fine).

Of course that is with using all the latest updates.

Edit: Oh and you forgot to add this to the install script of latest update:

\addtogta3img\blistac.txd

[addtogta3img]

Edited by Omega

It says water lvl fix but there is still a bit in washington beach at the underground shopping bit, where the Police Bribe is, thats flooded! I'll show a pic if you need :o

Edited by Orgcon

SHOH MEH NAO!!! xD

It says water lvl fix but there is still a bit in washington beach at the underground shopping bit, where the Police Bribe is, thats flooded! I'll show a pic if you need :o

Right here :P

Water1.png

Water2.png

Topic title tweaked ;)

Just get steve m's water level editor and fix it yourself if the shopping area is a problem for you.

-Trying to attach the hook to the delorean on the night of november 12th 1955 (happens mostly when time circuits are active, otherwise works just fine).

The fact that it happens in any version of 0.2e makes me believe this is a code-related problem.

Topic title tweaked ;)

Just get steve m's water level editor and fix it yourself if the shopping area is a problem for you.

My game crashes in the middle of the loading bar even though I installed everything 100% correctly. Any Help?

Reinstall VC, mod, upgrade #1, upgrade #3-5, and maybe Windows. :lol:

Simply try again an-.. Post your computer specs in Offtopic..

Edited by -RG-

Yup, what he said.

I can't stress enough how much the instructions should be followed. It is known not to work if you don't do a fresh install.

I can't stress enough how much the instructions should be followed. It is known not to work if you don't do a fresh install.

thats the thing it was a fresh install

Edited by BTTFTempEx

Then you did something wrong with other installations

no more 1950's police car? that thing was sweet looking.

I made a gta3.img backup before the update and after realizing that the standard cars didn't help for me (My PC can handle it all just fine (i7/275/SSD)) I restored the backup and only inserted the 1955 road DFF File.

P.S., where the heck is Hill Valley now? :huh:

It is in exactly the same location....

Yes, but the road is back in the corner, is smaller, and doesn't render yet from where the road USED to be. So I didn't immediately see it. :thanks:

WoooW! You've finally got round to making some LOD's! How low quality are they though, are they s**tty standard VC style that are really blured or do they at least look like what there supposed to? :lol:

I don't mind either way, I just wanted to know :P

Guest Gameznerd

Sorry mike, but could you explain what lods are? Sorry :P I don't know it :P

Edited by Gameznerd

Basically low detail models which load load which you will see from a set distance away. Once you actually drive to a particular point, the LOD is replaced with the high detail mode.

Guest Gameznerd

Cool thnx mike! So that means that you don't get that old stuff of only seeing it when your really there?

NICE. Finally LODs in the mod. That means more stability AND less lags.

And any news on the permissions for the low-poly cars?

And any news on the permissions for the low-poly cars?

It's on my todo list, but I haven't actually sent any emails out yet. Basically I'm going to say unless I hear from them we will go ahead and use the lower detail versions which Mark is working on.

Sign in to follow this