Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Dragon King

Possible new time travel sequence

Its better by far but its way too long I think, its like you were at 88mph for a whole 5 secs before it TT'd :P

Edited by Orgcon

True, the wormhole could open faster, so Time Travel doesn't take so much time.

My opinion.

Timetravel should happen at 88mph.

When Doc & Marty did the first experiment with Einstein the effects started at 88 mph, like at the bottom video.

When Marty escapes the Libyans they start before 88 and he travels at 88, like at the top video.

When he does the lightning run they start at 88, like at the bottom video.

When Doc, Jenny and Marty return to 1985A they start at 88, Doc keeps 88 and travels at 88.

When Marty follows Doc to 1885 they start before 65 mph and he travels at 88, sort of like at the top video.

When Marty returns from 1885 to 1985 they start before 84 and he might be traveling at 88, like at the top video.

In all other travel scenes the speedometer wasn't visible.

So to my mind we should stick with what we have now so that timetravel happens at exactly 88 miles per hour :P.

Edited by Mini-Me

I agree with Mini Me.

Plus, it just takes to much distance before it travels, when I made that vid, I was backed up against the wall/fence of the airport, and drove almost the entire length of the runway before it TT'd.

It does take a little too long. i'll change that. Maybe if I shorten it we could use it?

Is possible to have a separate download for those who wants to test your idea?

It would be better :lol:

don´t you think? ;)

It does take a little too long. i'll change that. Maybe if I shorten it we could use it?

I'd say first thing would be for you to fix all the bugs it's caused....

@ 88milesperhour! - That is why there is a video showing both the current sequence, and DK's new sequence.

Ok this has been shortened by 3 seconds. let me know if this is better.

Looks good! :lol:

but I really prefer the other one ;)

The one that is 5-7 seconds :P

I know it sounds "lame" but It makes the game harder :P

:lol:

Now you've changed it seems ruined, if you look it goes from 0-70 in 2 secs and 70-88 in 7 secs its silly. just leave it as it was, else you'll be here forever and never be satisfied ;)

Umm.. If it's too short then the wormhole (or whatever you wanna call it) doesn't open all the way..

Other then that, it's good except for the acceleration..

Couldn't we just limit the Speedometer from showing above 88 (only for the TT deloreans) then having the normal acceleration? Then having the sequence starting at 88 MPH? It would have normal accelleration, which would make Orcgon happy. Then, we could make the car time travel at like 91 or 92 MPH while the Speedo is still showing 88. Somewhy, I doubt this is all possible..

Edited by Fishy-Fish

Wait for the release goddammit. Nobody will f***ing send you anything, the same goes to carloscarlin.

This is something I requested to Del in the Coding Requests thread to make the mod more movie-accurate, but then Del said the sequence starts at the time before 88 mph so he never accepted the diea. But in reality, the time when the sequence starts vary, but it is noted that the wormhole begins to form in the speed of 88 mph, not before that, also the wormhole doesn't open immediately by the very time the De Lorean reaches from 87 to 88.

Also did you slow down the De Lorean so it would stay in the speed of 88 mph, or did you make the digital speedometer of the De Lorean show only speeds from 0 to 88 where speeds beyond 89 would show as "88" in the speedometer?

Wait for the release goddammit. Nobody will f***ing send you anything, the same goes to carloscarlin.

They're just using a not-so smart way to convince us to release the pre-beta version to you guys. OR they want us to release the code for them to wall-bash their head for trying to figure out how to code it in (remember that we can't release a main.scm with both the new code and the old "copyrighted" code in it).

Well angeleolibz24, I slowed down the speedometer and messed with the the TIME thread to get it like the way it is.

i never asked for the release of tht, it was just my opinion!

If something will come out, it probably will come along the Release, so...

Sign in to follow this