:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
zero

Stargate San Andreas Rebellion

Here's the future hero of the story ! ^^

herofinal.jpg

We're sorry but the hero will be available only as peds models ... because I don't know how to make a body part for SA ... ( I will edit the texture because he looks like a child ^^ )

Hmmm , but Zero and me

Here's the future hero of the story ! ^^

*PICTURE

We're sorry but the hero will be available only as peds models ... because I don't know how to make a body part for SA ... ( I will edit the texture because he looks like a child ^^ )

Hmmm , but Zero and me

hmmm. That model looks like Jake Gyllenhaal

Lol !

Ok , for the missions , the cutscenes will be BDs :)

Because we don't want to have cutscenes without the voices of the guys who talks ... ( When I say BDs , it's some pics of the game , with some modifications on Photoshop ... :) )

Sorta like a cartoon/comic? :huh:

Edited by Orgcon

you know.....I would love to have comic type cutscenes because its so easy to do and better then using models that don't use motion capture.

:lol: I have a feeling that that is going too far :shocking:

You think it's too hard or you don't like it ? :)

but wouldn't using images as cutscenes be kinda of like cheating to players who were expecting cool things? Or are you going to do half and half, with some comics and some cutscenes?

and for the bd concept it's very easy to make

the bd cutscene will explain the situation before you start the mission or the action so we will use more bd than cutscene

Edited by Mike

i know bd's are easy, but are you actually going to have an ingame cutscene of whatever technology stargate uses when there are no characters? I don't watch stargate to know what its about.

Im unsure whether its likable

On one hand it reduces production time, but on the other its cutting corners, athough looking at some of the cutscenes for the original game and the cutscene for V1, they were very basic :lol:

thats why I'm bringing up the point. Would you cut corners just to make your life easier, or put some effort to make a cutscene that is totally awesome. A comic strip of a battle isn't as exciting as a cutscene with a cruiser ship flying past the camera guns ablazing attacking some other ship.

stargate tek and other tek will be in cutscene because pretty much all the anim have be done but the bd will be use for the story and the dialog

and for ship battle it will be in cutscene too

Edited by zero

okie dok. Dialog I agree. Story....I agree somewhat. Depends on the scene. If it has dialog, I agree. Otherwise, I'd stick with cutscenes.

Hmm, wonder if you can do a mix actually. Have the cutscene be setup like it would if they had voices....then add text bubbles xD

The only downside to bd's is that GTASA lacks transitions between textures. Only fade in and out works. No folding/sliding/zooming/etc. like in powerpoint. Or like other games where like characters and text bubbles seem to pop out from the screen, though thats possible with the 3d engine and objects with the stuff on it.

Already been done Strong Bad!

Although its in V1 the gate isnt used :( And don't lie cause I seen it in the .images :P

Edited by Orgcon

it's not big it's just far from atlantis XD

Hm, sure, that's a lot easier to do.

But wouldn't that take away the style of GTA? I mean it was the first game I know that used cutscenes of ingame renders...

Yeah, that's true again.

But either you misunderstand him or I do. From the BD idea I got that he only wants to show one texture on the screen for a whole "page", and not multiple "animated" textures that fade in piece by piece. Or do I get you wrong zero?

oh, i assumed it would play like a comic, where fading is like turning the page. Because....trying to fit everything on a computer screen would probably be not a good idea.

Nah, it should be one scene per screen, and it should move to the next screen depending on the length of the dialog ;)

it should be however many txd's is required that is not too small where we go blind, but not too big where it requires 50 of them.