Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
delorean88us

No. 131 Rogers Locomotive Teaser

i dont get it

I think Archer/Mike means that the railroads won´t be in 0.2f because that requires coding the trains and BTT3 RR Delorean to stay attached to the railroads and they must first make the mod "bug free" as much as possible rather than placing more new stuff in...

in other words...

as far as I know...

when you add new stuff to the game; more bugs appears... <_<

they can put the railroads in 0.2f they want! but...all of you must consider that you will wait a very looooooong time for the 0.2f release... :lol:

No. I was talking about the real RR. The simple dumbed down one DK made will be in most likely. The REAL one can't be put in because it will be part of the world maps floor.

Guest Gameznerd

Wait guys, does that means that the RR delorean is on it all the time? Or appears it at the time that it's necessary, just like the lightning wire?

DK's RR is not going to be in 0.2f. So it doesn't matter now. For your information, it's not linked to the track. It's just a normal car.

hmmm shame it's not on the 2f but i can wait ^^

I wonder, will someone release the code to hook up the RR-DEL to the Rogers (like the videos w/ the TT) or will we have to wait for a later release that has the train tracks?

Edited by Joe Statler

They weren't hooked, the train just pushed the del like in the film ;)

And they weren't fixed to the track either, the track has invisible borders that stop them from leaving the tracks Thats why cornering is a problem, that they have yet to get around :(

EDIT: No pun intended! :lol:

Edited by Orgcon

Guest Gameznerd

Hey guys I just thought about something. The subway from GTA 3 Isn't really connected to the traintracks it's just coded to follow a line. Just like the peds are doing. So if we could make it possible that, when you're driving the roger, you don't have the ability to turn it like a normal car and that the train follows one line, wich has corners and so, like the GTA SA train. Then it would be possible that the train could travel without the "walls" slowing it down, and not letting it make turns. Could a coder look to this awnser :P. Because I'm not really sure about it.

No they allready thought of doing that before you said it :P.

I already had that idea months ago, can you remember, Mike?

It was before I was part of the team and you asked me how they did it in other mods that have trains and that's what I've told you ;).

In GTA:LC they use the code that sends Cortez' (?) boat around VC for the subway/train, but the difference is that it is a simple moved object (=building), which makes it nearly impossible to let the player drive it.

I actually haven't tried that, yet, but I assume that this code does not work with vehicles, so that idea can be skipped :P.

Next propblem is that the has problems with game emoving objects that crash something, it simply doesn't know how to act, the guys of GTA:LC simply solved it by letting the player's health decline, so people wont be in front of the trains for long. I guess that the train also wouldn't push the DeLorean in a straight direction, so you'd need to steer on the tracks the whole time.

But let's see what the future brings ;).

@Gameznerd:

The form you were (hopefully) looking for is "meant" ;).

Guest Gameznerd

@Mini-Me Yes, sorry :P

@TOPIC: Well since the train and delorean are "connected" by that code somebody here created, should that then still be a problem?