:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
12padams

Bttf Hv 0.2f Beta

Well considering its the bloody 1955 map, wouldn't the "red letter date" be a good time to release it!? <_<

...Thats November 05th, if anyone is feeling forgetful :lol:

No, I distincly remember 0.2d was released on the date of the "first TT experiment" Oct 26th

I think Nov 05th last year was when you opened this new bttf forum, well it was around nov time anyway ;)

Edited by Orgcon

Whoops yeah sorry :D, I wasn't paying attention :P Anyway I thought it was Nov 07 for 0.2D!?

I think it depended on what time zone you were in. I believe it was actually Nov 4 in the US.

Well, I'm waiting too. Everyone is in the same boat.

No, I am in the ATM.

lol Fantasticar. I recall that one.

0.2e was never a failure. It's a "public beta" after all -- beta testers should know that bugs and crashing are COMMON features. But anyway, we need to achieve stability in the mod, which is what 0.2e is about, otherwise the final version will be a total screw up.

@WMM: What's the point? WHAT'S THE POINT? OK, release o.2f now, install it. BANG, froze, reboot, froze, reboot, crash. And you start blaming THE TEAM. So you see?

And you start blaming THE TEAM. So you see?

Why blame the team who released the beta if it is in fact a BETA? You don't really know the real meaning of "beta version", don't you WMM?

For a few seconds, yes. The point of beta testing is to improve stability, it's like sending a jump jet into a flight without bench tests.

For a few seconds, yes. The point of beta testing is to improve stability, it's like sending a jump jet into a flight without bench tests.

lol they did that with the Eurofighter back in 1981, they built it then sent it down the runway with a full payload and it didn't take off :lol: Then they spent the next 25 years figuring out how to get the bloody thing to fly and waiting for the sufficient technology/software to do so :rofl:

The prototype was completed in 1979 and is on display at my local university.

The point of beta testing is to improve stability, it's like sending a jump jet into a flight without bench tests.

It's "pre-beta testing" not beta testing. The beta testing is the public's job, since it is a public beta after all. Pre-beta testing is for knowing if the mod itself can now be considered a beta version and is good for release as a public beta.

But to be true with you guys the term "pre-beta testing" only exists in the modding world. Anywhere else, but not only it doesn't exist but also there is no such thing. Public betas of mods are made more for evaluation, and less on bug fixing. I just recently learned this fact when I attempted to post screenshots of an alpha version of my Half-Life mod (I repeat, ALPHA, not beta), then people begin to ask for a beta. Heck this is an alpha version. From that point on, after getting a bit irritated, I stopped giving updates or news. Many criticized my mod for being a fake, but I don't care. I'm going to upload a public beta (as defined by the modding world) when it's ready (obviously on ModDB to attract some experienced people who are interested to help), and I'm going to show those noobs they're a bunch of a******s.

I stopped giving updates or news. Many criticized my mod for being a fake, but I don't care. I'm going to upload a public beta (as defined by the modding world) when it's ready (obviously on ModDB to attract some experienced people who are interested to help), and I'm going to show those noobs they're a bunch of a******s.

Well how about this for an idea, upload some screenshots/videos to show progress. Even in the early days del always uploaded videos or posted screenshots to show that there was some actual progress being made on the mod.

I will openly admit I have my suspicions that it is fake, to me it just seems no different to the mod's JABI was supposedly working on, all talk and no actual proof of any work being done...

Just my two cents.

Yeah I agree, Del always showed TANGIBLE evidence of progress. What I wanna see is this "big surprise" LGisby is working on.