:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
BTTFTIME

Just a 0.3 Plutronuim Wonder?

It has already been tested on a Windows 7 beta and was confirmed as working, albeit the same level of crashes are experienced as when running under XP and Vista.

If you are having issues with the mod, use 0.2d for now. 0.2f should hopefully eradicate most of the issues in 0.2e.

agreed with grim. and mike.. ive already got rid of HV and made a few more conditions and it works nearly perfect. so 0.2f will work prob.

Well, what can you expect? Nerdman IS a piece of nonsense..

But it's true, it never crashes, though, maybe because I have the latest VC patch. Though, it has froze once, but that was because I started playing SA while VC was minimized, and both froze.

Also, Mini-me's crash killer sure does come in handy.

lol I forgot about his crash killer.

Where can I download it again?

uh try doing this: Right-click gta-vc.exe > Properties > Compatibility > Windows XP (Service Pack 2) compatibility > Disable visual themes > Disable desktop composition > Run this program as administrator > Ok

This did not work at all the game still crashes and after applying these settings it crashes more often...

If this game has trouble running on windows vista i am worried about what will happen when full windows 7 (new windows os following vista) is released in a few months...

Microsoft has already started working on windows 8 (windows 8 is currently a code name)

You guys had better make sure you game stays compatible with the lattest version of windows because in 2012 people are going to be useing windows 8 which is 3 versions away from what the game should be running at...

I am worried your mod is going to be fantastic yet unrunnable once the development has finished... Since this mod may take up to 10 years by then microsoft windows won't run it unless you update compatibility.

The only was people from the future are going to be able to even use this is using virtual machines such as virtual pc and virtual box and vmware station to emulate windows xp so this mod can be run.

I am starting to be worried for your horrid future

I'd just like to drop my input on this one. I have the mod on two machines. One is a very powerful (quad core, 8gb ram, 8800gt) machine with Vista Ultimate x64 SP1, the other is an old laptop from 2003 (pentium m, 512mb ram, geforce 5200) running XP Tablet Edition SP3. On both machines, crashes are about the same frequency. I'm using the suggested settings above on the Vista box. It works just fine, in my opinion.

Also, I've gotta say... how dare you, sir! "You guys had better make sure you game stays compatible with the lattest version of windows...?" You say this as if the mod team created the Vice City engine! It's not their fault the engine is out of date. Without source code, you can't go about changing that, either. They're doing there best as we speak to get out a version that more easily fits within the limitations of the VC engine, which should quell quite a few crashes. However, I think it's incredibly insulting and uninformed to accuse the mod team of not making their game compatible. Heck, your whole post came off that way.

Take a breath. Review what this 'game' actually is (mod to existing engine, not a new game). Take another breath.

Feeling better? Now then, back to lurking for updates. :)

Microsoft has already started working on windows 8 (windows 8 is currently a code name)

No, there aren't working on Windows 8. They're still working on Windows 7. In fact, they haven't even planned on making one yet. :huh:

Windows 7's previous codenames were "Vienna" and "Blackcomb". Blackcomb was its first codename. As a matter of fact, Blackcomb came BEFORE Vista. Vista was previously a minor interim release of Blackcomb itself -- a beta or a semi-gamma version if you will -- until the team decided to pause the development of Blackcomb, and make Vista an official version. That was one of their many mistakes, that's why they SHOULDN'T try to plan for another Windows version when Windows 7 is still a gamma/delta version (aka "Release Candidate"). Windows 8 would be a long way. If it is planned, it may be released AFTER 2012.

Also I doubt Windows 8 would be of any help. DirectX 12, a possible future Windows 8 feature (and Windows 7 update), won't make your graphics card 2-4 times better. Note that it could only allow games to use your graphics card at its best, not enhance it. Graphics card is hardware, and DirectX is software: what would software do to hardware other than using it is either overclock it, which is to make it run faster and is entirely possible right now, or make it slower and weaker when heavily-used. Either way, it can't (I repeat, CAN'T) make it more powerful than it originally is and operate programs better. You'd still need a better graphics card and CPU to increase the performance of your PC.

Sorry to say all of this dude. It's better off to upgrade your PC or get a better one, instead of waiting for an unplanned possible future version of Windows which may not be coming anytime later than 2012. :P

Nomake Wan has a point. This is a VERY old engine we all still enjoy 'till now. We may (but doesn't possible mean would) move to a more powerful engine like San Andreas or GTA4, but for now let the team do their work. Right now, 0.2f is being developed mostly for achieving stability, a very important feature we'll need for the following versions like 0.3, and less on adding more features.

NT Kernel? The team made Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 using an improved/updated NT kernel. There might be a possibility that there'll be a "Windows Server 2010", which will be based on Windows 7.

Correction: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Home Server, and Windows Server 2008 are all based on the Windows NT system (including its kernel), so the Windows we're using right now is practically an improved version of Windows NT.

And I don't believe they're really going away from the NT kernel at the moment. If they did try to go away from the NT kernel, that will like making an OS out of scratch.

Windows 7 is also based on the NT kernel. In fact, it's just a stabilized and improved Windows Vista.

And I thought it was a brand new OS, planned to install it into my PC :(

42714849.png

Don't You Dare Say Microsoft Are Not Making Windows 8

Also if you don't believe me check out this winmatrix blog post...

"http://www.winmatrix.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23828"

And windows 8 is going to be released around 2012 not after.

Read the facts before you start calling me a lier... (i know nobody said i was a lier but you were speaking in a way that said i was)

Also sorry if i have offended anyone this is why i basically never post on forums because something always goes wrong.

E.G I say the word mobile installation on a forum and got introuble... (not big trouble but the words were blanked out.

Also i would like to be the first to say this when this post ofabout 0.3 plutonium has gone way out of its original idea... Ok forget i even started talking about windows 7 and 8 and contiune on what this forum post was really about

:)

*Looks at the fan-made/unofficial but nicely done Windows 8 logo then goes to the link posted* Ok, I was mistaken...in ONE point.

They were planning the OS, but not really yet making it. Microsoft's still in the "planning phase", not yet in the coding phase -- coding two OS's at the same time, with one having a very near release date and the other having a distant release date, is a BAD practice. MS will just end up rushing an OS again, and create another ("next-gen") Vista in the process (note that it's the buggy XP and MS's bad time management that is to blame for Vista's s***, not Vista itself).

Also a 2012 release date ain't a sure released date. Like how Microsoft said that Windows 7 is going to be released in 2010, and how they delayed Windows Vista's release (they even rushed the work on the OS before release, leaving it as a resource hog), they may release it sooner or later.

Also, I did say the word "may" in those sentences, suggesting that I was talking about the possibility, not the fact. So I'm not clearly calling you a liar. :)

But like I said, either wait for that long and let Windows 8 make you upgrade or buy a new PC, or do it now before Win8 makes you. Either way, you'll still need to upgrade or buy a better PC to play the mod properly. It's not the OS that will need to adjust for the mod to work, but the PC being used itself. Windows 8 is just software -- if you want better performance, rely more on better hardware, not software.

As for the plutonium thing, there's nothing more to discuss. We don't know yet for sure what's going to be included in 0.3. We can't remove features, which is a dumb idea, but putting post-1955 features in 1955 HV ain't that much of a silly idea for a public beta. 0.3 will mostly just be 1955 Hill Valley replacing Vice City, so the plutonium and other post-1955 features will remain -- in other words, a 0.2f with a complete 1955 Hill Valley map.

LIAR! There is no word "lier"!!! :P