:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
BTTFTIME

Just a 0.3 Plutronuim Wonder?

Just wondering, but how would people in 0.3 get plutronuim if the lybians don't exist till 1985. Like well, in 0.3 do you start a new game in 1955 or 1985, and how would you get plutronuim in a 1955 map, wheres the location to pick up plutronuim.

I just want to add, it should be like this, you start new game in 1955, near the Clock Tower, now you can do tutorial or not, but eitherway, the BTTF1 Delorean spawns only once in Docs Mansion, it will be empty on plutronuim, but you can go inside, then out and fuel, cause the 3 plutronuim pieces are inside the car. Now you can use it to go to 1985, where you can build a Delorean Time Machine from Scratch or go to 2015 and get a hover conversion.

Good point.

1985 features like plutonium, Libyans and Doc's truck may not be applicable in 1955, but they'll remain in 0.3, so 0.3 will be 0.2f with 1955 Hill Valley. You could still travel to any time period, it's just that the map won't change. You may still be able to collect plutonium and be chased around by the Libyans, dunno for sure where and how (but it would be a cool what-if experience to have the Libyans chase you in 1955 :lol:).

Features like the tutorial may need re-writing, or it may be removed in that version. As for the hover conversion, still the same -- Doc's garage.

But we don't know yet for sure if 0.3 is going to have only 1955 Hill Valley. It could be true that the guys may plan to have 1985 Hill Valley, because by having the 1955 version making the 1985 version would only just be adding and replacing buildings and stuff in the map. (a la copy, paste, edit copy)

1985 and 1955 HV are pretty much the same, except with the changes to the Town Square, and Doc's Mansion burning down, oh and the Burger King, so it's my assumption that at a maximum, 0.4 would only be 6/7 months away. But then again, the people on the mod team drop like flies so it might take longer. But, and as much as it pains me to say, Nerdman brought up a good point. Maybe we could start off at Doc's Mansion on November 12, 1955 at like ten o'clock AM, after the tutorial of course, so we could goof off, then later on that night and catch the Lightning Bolt back to good old 1955...erm I mean 1985. Then we steal plutonium, badda bing badda boom, we go to 2015 get hover converted, then jump back to the fifties to see ourselves catch the lightning bolt, using the same code as the Airplane at Escobar International.

I LOL'd at the Libyans chasing you in 1955. :lol:

The tutorial wouldn't follow the movie, since its job is to show you the features of the mod, nothing more. The plutonium would just simply be enabled when you start it. Disabled all other times it's not suppose to be used (along with removing all cars/items you used). Look at all games that feature tutorials. Do they, at anytime, actually take place within the games story line? Don't go and say "Some do while you're playing." That's a on-screen tutorial. They end and bring you back to the main menu. Or just start the real game.

Completely making a tutorial a part of the storyline is a bulls*** of an idea for a game, especially if you wanna do a bonus play after finishing the game. It should be an on-screen tutorial that can be disabled or changed via settings, or a mission-like one that's separate from the storyline.

There are, however, some tutorials that are indeed part of the storyline. It ain't an on-screen tutorial that you can disable either. But they are put in a way that it only won't ruin the storyline but also would have it in right order for the player to learn as he/she plays. There could even be times in this tutorial where you'll suffer consequences that you'll experience in a mission if you fail at something like dying. The tutorial, however, only takes place just some parts of the mission, because the player will also need to focus more on the mission taking place itself. Also, games with this kind of tutorials would be lengthy or feature a "free-roam mode" where repeating the game is considered "a waste of time" or "putting all of your efforts to finishing the game to waste".

The BTTF mod's tutorial still needs re-writing, though. Obviously, the current 0.2e/0.2f tutorial is based on the Vice City map. OR ditch the in-game tutorial and do a simple text-based one.

That's what I just said. :mellow:

OR ditch the in-game tutorial and do a simple text-based one.

Yeah, it would likely be possible to have both 1985 and 1955 Hill Valley maps in 0.3. But speaking of which, any progress on the 1955 map so far?

any progress on the 1955 map so far?

Yes thanks. Updates should be revealed in around 2/3 months depending on progress.

I pretty much found this project at the worst time... Beginning of January this year. (this being the worst time due to no updates for 4 months since then...

I almost never post i am more of an observer because every time i say say sonething on forums i seem to do something wrong then i get in trouble. So i am going to do just this one thing.

When you say the we should see an update in 2-3 months do you mean:

A: 0.2f is coming out.

B:0.3a is coming out.

C:We will see development of maps without a new version being released... Such as a forum post with pictures of the 3d map.

Talking about 0.2f are you thinking of making that version or are you thinking of skipping it and move strait to 0.3a.

Because i love your mod but i can't seem to play it for very long at all... 10 minutes tops

One example of a common crash i have worked out is:

You are in 2008 at beginning you use deloreon to time travel to 2015+ then once you time travel go up to a car of the future and press f to get out of your deloreon. (at this point the game always freezes no mater what) It says unhanded exception and i have to quit by pressing alt cnt del

I was wondering if it was my computer thats the problem... here are my specs

Windows vista home premium 32 bit (areo turned on)

2 gig of ram

Intel® Core2 CPU 6400@2.13GHz 2.13GHz

Nvidea geforce 7900 GS 256 meg video ram.

100 gig free space.

Also what are the recommended specs for this game i have searched for them but can not find...

Ok thanks in advance also i think the 0.3 plutonium thing have it in a different place in 1955 is a good idea.

In short, point C.

0.2f will be out when it's ready, the team are still working on fixes which should hopefully minimise the crashing.

Your specs sound fine for running the game under XP, however I'm not sure about Vista.

uh try doing this: Right-click gta-vc.exe > Properties > Compatibility > Windows XP (Service Pack 2) compatibility > Disable visual themes > Disable desktop composition > Run this program as administrator > Ok

This should help the game work properly.

Updates should be revealed in around 2/3 months depending on progress.

But is it really worked on by Nightshade and/or the other mappers?

But is it really worked on by Nightshade and/or the other mappers?

Nightshade left, a long time ago...

That's what I just said. :mellow:

Yeah, it would likely be possible to have both 1985 and 1955 Hill Valley maps in 0.3. But speaking of which, any progress on the 1955 map so far?

Thought you meant on screen text boxes.

1985 and 1955 HV are pretty much the same, except with the changes to the Town Square, and Doc's Mansion burning down, oh and the Burger King,

What about TPM? And Lion Eastates? :P

Besides, the schedule was set anyway before, 1985 wont come with 1955 in 0.3

Will it?

I think the 1985 and 1955 idea makes sense, make the maps by the movies.

I think it should be something like this:

0.3=1985, and 1955.

0.4= 2015, and 1985A.

0.5= 1885, and the BTTF1 missions.

0.6= BTTF2 and BTTF3 missions.

There wasn't even suppose to be a 0.2f (from what I heard, although I could be wrong), but with all the bugs that need fixing it became necessary.

Look here for info on future releases:

http://www.bttfhillvalley.co.uk/forum/inde...p?showtopic=872

Edited by Honest Joe Statler

Looking at the other topic, 0.2f is listed as bug fixes and any remaining missing features.

If we were to wait for all the missing features, then 0.2f won't be released for a long time. (I'm referring specifically to the animations for the new train.)

uh try doing this: Right-click gta-vc.exe > Properties > Compatibility > Windows XP (Service Pack 2) compatibility > Disable visual themes > Disable desktop composition > Run this program as administrator > Ok

This did not work at all the game still crashes and after applying these settings it crashes more often...

If this game has trouble running on windows vista i am worried about what will happen when full windows 7 (new windows os following vista) is released in a few months...

Microsoft has already started working on windows 8 (windows 8 is currently a code name)

You guys had better make sure you game stays compatible with the lattest version of windows because in 2012 people are going to be useing windows 8 which is 3 versions away from what the game should be running at...

I am worried your mod is going to be fantastic yet unrunnable once the development has finished... Since this mod may take up to 10 years by then microsoft windows won't run it unless you update compatibility.

The only was people from the future are going to be able to even use this is using virtual machines such as virtual pc and virtual box and vmware station to emulate windows xp so this mod can be run.

I am starting to be worried for your horrid future