:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
SLNevitt

Other Selves

still WIP and it's not really a surprise it's more of a good idea that I'm shocked someone didnt already conceive

so here it is

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff295/h...aradoxmarty.jpg

and I'm working on Doc and Biff and possibly a few others

You know, that's kinda... cool. :D

You could trying to edit the pedstats.dat to change the things like if they run away at gunshots etc.

Edited by ArticLight

I was gonna keep this a secret but I'll let the cat outta the bag. I'm also changing the peds lines ingame to say lines from the movie

I was gonna keep this a secret but I'll let the cat outta the bag. I'm also changing the peds lines ingame to say lines from the movie

That'll be cool! Tell me when ur done i might want to see it!

well if the GTA3 Audio Editor stops being an butthead I will

Well OoiueBTTF,

the way you described it, it is not possible, the way SLNevitt described it, it is possible.

You can't record what you do (as you want it).

After you successfully did the run once, you can turn a switch that enables a delorean that every time at 22:04 starts to drive at the starting line, keeps 88mph till it reaches the cable and then timetravels. It would also be possible to let the game do something when you hit the car.

But it would not be possible to let it exaclty repeat what you did.

Yeah. "Real recording" is impossible, but coding an AI to redo/reenact the missions you've finished is. The AI / past self won't do exactly the same thing as you did when you were doing those missions because its actions are in fact already coded before you even started the game, still it's cool to see a past you doing those missions.

I changed WASTED! to DEATH!!!! on my download below

In CLEO coding, it is possible to show a Wasted message saying something else instead of Wasted. In fact, it may or may NOT be a Wasted message at all. So I'm betting that the BTTF mini-mod team, while desperately trying to have particles as good as the VC/original ones, can code in more time travel-related features in the mod than the mod team can in the original mod.

fatalitymod_by_ooscar713.jpg

hscitpe, how and maybe when will you add the ped replace??? Will be in 0.2f or a fan made addons?

If they want to add it. Might throw it into the next release of the ARM

If they want to add it. Might throw it into the next release of the ARM

ARM??? what's that?? also hope Mike or K.I.T.T or other mods will decide to add this in 0.2f version :D:) it will be good to add in the fan made addons v3.5

Edited by BTTF HV Series leader

which would undoublty increase support for it

But that doesn't mean the VC version can't do so. Let's just see in the final version if such a feature can be implemented (I just hope it can; playing with paradoxes would be fun, especially if it is an open-world game :P).

Agree with you angelo, it would be awesome to play with paradoxes, i could own myself. ^_^:beta: :beta: :beta::clapping:

Past selves even wont be possible in SA.

You would need to have some code that records what you are doing and checks every second if you are at a time that already has a recording to play it.

On the one hand I can't imagine a code for that and on the other hand it would need to be saved anywhere. Ad the longer you are playing, the larger your RAM must be.

I never said anything about recording the actions. I was talking about coding the actions. :P

And I only referred to the missions. Having it work outside the missions would not only be impossible, but also be considered memory hogging.

Hey, angeloelibz24, is there any merit to my idea...?

Okay... As you wander around in the game, how about from time to time the game creates a Time Travel Delorean that drives to 88 mph and travels through time. The mod team would make it so it only happens in areas we time travel the most like at the airport or in front of Sunshine Autos. But if we cross the path or stop these Time Machines from hitting 88 mph in the space programmed they vanish as if they were erased from time. Make sense now?

These Time Machines would appear around the corner just out of sight. You would have to control over them except to block their path and make them disappear from existence.

As an added bonus, I think it'd be cool that if you did block these cars enough, they would cause changes in the space time continuum. Like cars in your garage would disappear, or the map would change, and if you did it enough times, automatic "Nth Dimension"...

Past selves even wont be possible in SA.

You would need to have some code that records what you are doing and checks every second if you are at a time that already has a recording to play it.

On the one hand I can't imagine a code for that and on the other hand it would need to be saved anywhere. Ad the longer you are playing, the larger your RAM must be.

But we don't really need to record... we could use hscitpe's idea... To replace ped with player skins and maybe make marty ,doc and biff and other :D it would be great

Edited by BTTF HV Series leader

Guest Rave

i made it where random people steal your time machine and gun it to 88 when you fill up and set the time circuits only problem is they do it alot lol go back in time and the ped falls out dead i guess from heart attack?

Okay... As you wander around in the game, how about from time to time the game creates a Time Travel Delorean that drives to 88 mph and travels through time[...]

Well it's a good idea, actually. I wouldn't consider it a past self sequence, but it's one way of testing it. Just code in a sequence for each common time traveling locations then have it randomly occur when you're near to any of those locations. We can also have some sequences where a past Tommy is chased by 2-3 police vehicles before disappearing through time. Actually we can already tell it is possible through The Ride mission itself -- we can make a ped time travel. In fact, this one would be easier than coding that mission.

As for the disappear from existence thing, it's not possible SCM code-wise. The game can make a ped or a vehicle slowly vanish when you go far away from them, but that's hardwired in the engine. "Deleting" a ped or a vehicle is possible via code but it's instant, as in POOF, it's gone. Why not just mess around with your "past self" like steal his DeLorean and run his a** over with it? That'd be hell more fun than see him vanish to thin air or see yourself collapse to the ground and instantly die with a message saying "PARADOX" or something. :lol:

And we can only implement this idea when there are no mainstream missions done yet. If the missions are finally implemented, the whole thing would be unrealistic, so we'll need to remove it.

But we don't really need to record... we could use hscitpe's idea... To replace ped with player skins and maybe make marty ,doc and biff and other :D it would be great

That's what I've just said. Create a code of a sequence of actions which a Marty/Doc/Jennifer/Biff ped can just follow and do to reenact a sequence. They don't need to do it exactly as how you did them yourself. This is more possible than actually recording the actions. And actually this is originally my idea. When I first came to the BTTF:HV forums, it's one of the first ideas I've suggested to the guys, with Del ending up giving just one reply: "This is harder than the time travel sequence itself." That means it's not also impossible.

That's what I've just said. Create a code of a sequence of actions which a Marty/Doc/Jennifer/Biff ped can just follow and do to reenact a sequence. They don't need to do it exactly as how you did them yourself. This is more possible than actually recording the actions. And actually this is originally my idea. When I first came to the BTTF:HV forums, it's one of the first ideas I've suggested to the guys, with Del ending up giving just one reply: "This is harder than the time travel sequence itself." That means it's not also impossible.

Ummm.... actually my idea was that instead of the n****s that are walking on the road you can make marty walk on road or doc driving a simple car... and we could use the password: hopingirl to make them time travel with us... :D it's more easier :)

Please some one make hsciptes idea downloadable.... i want it very very very very very very very very very very very very MUCH!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D :lol:

Just edit one of the Goons in the Vercetti mansion into either Marty or Doc, thats what I did! Cause then you get this;

gta-vc2008-07-2815-29-04-60.jpg

gta-vc2008-07-2815-40-34-29.jpg

And they follow you everywhere, until you convert the bttf2 del into fly mode (cause then they disappear :cry2: )

well can't the actor replacement code from The Ride be used to place a another goon in the DeLorean?