:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
12padams

limited amount of code?

Ok i have always been reading and i see somebody say why don't you add this... And then one of the developers say it will waste valuable coding space...

Ok can somebody please explain this to me i am so annoyed to keep reading this and not understand whats going on.

Is it because gta vc can only take a certin number of lines of code...?

Is it because too many lines will mean its more buggy and confusing to program...?

Is it because more lines of code mean more resorces are needed e.g more ram faster proccessor better graphics card.

Please tell me oh and also if you release a new version e.g 0.2f does that mean you have to just use an updater to update the old version installed on the computer or do you have to delete everything of the old version and then get the original vice city gta and then install the mod fresh on that?

Btw good job with the mod and thankyou for not giving up on it once blue left.

Oh and i don't care how long it takes you to release each version as long as the mod ends up getting to 1.0 before the time i die i will be happy.

Thanks in advance :)

WOW fast reply :)

Anyway is there a way the the main size limitation could be bypassed or exceeded by editing anything because the would have to be a way you just may not have found it yet...

Also where you you find an updater if you wanted one.

Thanks for the fast reply btw

Have you ever used GTA State of Liberty ??? It uses 3 SCM at the same time , each SMC is 3.0mb, and yes is possible to exceed the limit.

The other day i tested a modified gta-vc.exe with 2 scm at the same time :

main.scm, bttf.scm

Need my help ?? contact me on MSN.

Edited by leo_dragons

Yeah, but running two scripts at the same time requires a lot more memory and a faster prossesor, not a lot of ppl on this forum have that ;)

Not exactly. When i tried it (i still using it) my game doesn't slow down. Only slows down when i have MSN, Firefox, WMP runing.

Edited by leo_dragons

GTA:SOL isn't using 2 scripts at once. Sure, it has multiple scm-files in the folder, but it only uses the main.scm. The others might be files that were used during development progress.

And how do you run multiple smc-scripts, leo_dragons?

With a modification to the .exe

Ah really? I thought you need to cry to the moon...

What for a modification?

cool...I want it too... You already have my contact.. LOL :lol:

Moved, fits better in here.

Hrmpf, why can I only find a German smiley for that? Stupid Google...

1989.gif

You should shout at shoutbox ;)

Shoutbox isn't private as MSN.

i dont know, i havent seen when your on. if your on. probably just to big a time zone diffrence

Yeah maybe.