:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
JDesigns

Few questions/Ideas about/for GTA Hill Valley

I was thinkin about a few things today and I'm curious as to if they are possible or not.

Hill Valley 1885; Is there any one working on it? Since we didn't see much but a small town shouldn't be too big of a land mass addition right?

My idea was to relocate the current 1985/1955 land mass to the first island where we all start off. It's a big beach on that side so simply place old shacks on the sand and texture some dirt roads. Or make a land mass off in the ocean somewhere for 1885.

Is it possible to convert the 1885 structures to 1955/85 time era so there's only ONE area of the game to work on?

There you could have a set of tracks from the main island's beach that connects to the 1885/1955/1985 land mass.

In 1885 have the partially built rail bridge start from the main island, with added trees and scenery, dump you in the water. I know that's not how it was in the movie. Then in 1985 have it completed and ending in Hill Valley. I'm not saying the Time Train has to be stuck to the tracks but just something to drive on like a regular road bridge.

On another note I'm trying to find help on a mod I hope to contribute to the BTTF mod if anyone is interested. I have the textures completed, I have no idea how to mod buildings, add parked cars, or create functioning doors.

If you read the info section, you would know that the team is working on one era at a time. 1955 is first because it's the master era. Only buildings changed from 1955 to 2015. 1885 will be last. Since it took place last.

Ohhh coool... I'd like to be a tester. I don't mind re-installing gta vc 20 times a day cuz I have the space and am smart enough to have 3 on my pc at all times.

Is there anyone free for a small project? I'd love to learn how to mod but I have no clue how to do it. I've tried several programs but ran into all kinds of issues like incompatibility, buy to unlock, errors, you name it. Nothing but frustration.

try learning to model on a program called Blender, its free and open source and nearly as good as the main stream modeling programs that would cost you a couple grand to buy

Not that I'm suggesting that you do this, But have you ever heard of "a five finger discount" :P Although you do need a lot of experience to use the costly ones, so I do suggest getting a free one to practise on first ;)

Not that I'm suggesting that you do this, But have you ever heard of "a five finger discount" :P Although you do need a lot of experience to use the costly ones, so I do suggest getting a free one to practise on first ;)

*inconspicuously hides the folder "D:\3DS Max 7"* xD

I love using 3DS Max, it's not too hard to use, there's a great tutorial on building modelling on the following link...

Love Gostown's crewpirate2.gif

EDIT: Despite there being the title "San Andreas", the modelling itself can still be used for VC (well anything really... it's just modelling to the GTA scale....)

Edited by Evilraptor

you like google sketchup, blender gmax those sorts of ones.

Yeah, but not so much Google sketchup, its childish :P Blender is good and Gmax is closer to 3DSmax so thats a good one if you wanna practise 3DSmax for free, but it is limited on what you can do with it.

I suggest Gmax with Kams add-on, I use that :P Gmax also comes with a short tutorial too, though it is a bit basic on some areas but still worth it ;)

Edited by Orgcon

I don't mean to sound like a pirate pirate2.gif XD

But I am... and therefore, I just wanna say... that I've got a cracked 3DS Max... love it :D

Don't ask about it here... be more discrete, maybe a pm you fiends! -_-

Umm... I think it's for 2008/9 but it works with 7 too :P

it would be good if i had a moddeling program but atm the moment i have exams at school.

which by the way i am at right now jus thave f all to do atm sat in my 4 lessons of itc

How long has that tut been there and not been finished?

Tbf, I haven't a clue... but generally I just export DFF the model I've made and it works fine... although ideally I need to learn to prelight models :P