:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Carlos85G

C.P. R.R. No. 131 Rogers Locomotive.

Blue has been using videos shot of the real train, so there is no need to look at the smoke effects produced by a different train.

Blue has been using videos shot of the real train, so there is no need to look at the smoke effects produced by a different train.

Keep in mind the locomotive used a different smoke stack than it has now in the movie, it had a classic balloon stack which can drastically alter smoke, since different smoke stacks manipulate the airflow.

I like the effect you suggested mike but I don't like how when your going fast it's like two seperate smoke flows, when in reality the wind would combine them. So if it could follow the rest of the smoke i bet it would look better.

And if your using those videos, the black smoke needs to be a bit lighter and not so thick.

I love you for finding those videos I've been looking for vids of the No.3 for ages, I'm surprised I hadn't seen them. I love how the cars its pulling are the exact passenger coaches and combine car from the movie, the caboose might be the same but it looks like it's been repainted, but the cars are the same. Just checked, same caboose too.

Does anyone know the steam whistle they used on the train for the movie? Mike maybe?

thats what I told Mike, lol.

I need shots from the movie. And I did reduce the smoke thickness a little, but again, need to watch the movie.

The movie has trouble making up it's mind, its a little thick in some spots but mostly it's a dark gray... Unless it's green, yellow, or red, lol.

That's because they tried to green screen in smoke, which doesn't work at all, in fact it looks corny and makes it hard to take the train scene seriously.... And the Rocket and Space Ship passing by sounds don't help, because i don't think trains make jet engine noises as they pass by. lol But at least were not including them in the mod.... Don't get any ideas from that.

well, as long as it looks like the movie version (sans effects)

Still need to find a good long sound of the train's horn.

Can't you loop one of the ones from the movie, in the scene where Clara blows the whistle while Doc is on the front of the train? The second whistle is a good one.

tried. The pitch is slightly different at the end then it is at the middle so it sounds like a fluttering whistle.

I'm kinda looking for whistles that are at least 3 seconds long.

Aren't there free sound effect sites that may have the right whistle, or have you already looked and came up empty?

It's really hard to find the right whistle though trust me I've tried I have never succeeded in finding the whistle anywhere.

OH MY GOD THAT IS THE SECOND COOLEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN IN THIS MOD (second only to the new Jules Verne Train) Have you started work on the colored effects yet?

I've been taking care of my sick grandma for almost two weeks and been popping up whenever I can, but she's on dial up so it's kinda hard, just got back home to DSL, never thought I'de miss Comcast again XD Still trying to play catchup with what I've missed.

oh, ok. Sorry to hear that. But I was referring to why haven't you looked at the entire topic before you posted.