:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
BTTF4

Drive-in

Yeah but surely you can edit the handling so you don't have to drive so far? If he made it long enough so that you can still see the screen from the other end, then edit the handling accordingly. On that vid, it just looks way too long

Plus I though DK made it so it was more like driving on a road, so you didn't need such a long run up?

Edited by Orgcon

lol On the vid, the theater looks like its a mile long :lol: Plus with the slippy sand, if your not lined up with the screen and you want to straighten, up theres the off chance that you could oversteer and crash just like in your vid <_<

Just think of it this way, you've got a time machine, so you've got all the time you want for the run-up xD

The problem I see with moving the screen closer is that the handling's gotta be pretty fast to reach 88 in about 299 ingame units... (as the longest draw distance for rendering models, at least according to the ide, is 300 units)

Guest Gameznerd

I'm pretty sure that it must be a little bit shorter. And pump up the engine just alittle not much, and make it more sand driveable.

Well you won't have to worry about that once ace starts modeling the LOD levels.

Aaah, I'd quite forgotten about LOD's... *smacks head* awesomeness...

Well how about we add a collision to the drive in floor or model a new floor to it just use the same texture? if you look at the film it accelerated quickly and there wasn't dust everywhere so the beach dust isn't a major feature here, you can have the beach everywhere else but eventually there should be a floor for this to time travel on but use the beach texture.

That wouldn't be too hard actually... just a plane. Textured, mapped, collisioned, and then put in game... :P