Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
SuperflyTNT

Draw Distance rendering.

Not sure where to put this so I though here my be best.

I'm having an annoying problem that I've looked on this forum for and I can't find a solution. Vice City is showing the distance graphics when I'm actually at the area that they are shown. For example, just past the bridge of starfish island going to the island with sunshine autos, the distance road shows over the regular road. And needless to say it is just about car height. The is the same when going everywhere. There are pocket areas with these draw distance textures. One is quite troublesome at the garbage tip site where you get the plutonium. I can't see where I'm going in it, hardly anyway.

I've installed all the updates in chronological order of their release and this problem has not been solved. Its really annoying.

Thanks for any help. And thanks for making a great mod. Keep up the good work!

Ok, thanks very much. Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Great mod, this is a timeless mod (goes off singing).

Ok, did the frame rate and put it on limited and there are still the same problems.

Edited by SuperflyTNT

Have you used the limit adjuster tool, and increased the streaming memory to its maximum?

The only way I could see this problem occuring is if, your in RC mode, and your P/C is on the other island! That's the only time I've ever had this happen to me :mellow:

Oh yeah I forgot! :lol: In that case his comp may be too slow to update the map, I was going to suggest the "no loading screens" mod next, but that wouldn't help if his comp can't handle it! :o

Unless like I said before, you saved in RC mode on the other island and didn't notice, then when you travel across the bridge it doesn't update :huh:

Oh yeah I forgot! :lol: In that case his comp may be too slow to update the map, I was going to suggest the "no loading screens" mod next, but that wouldn't help if his comp can't handle it! :o

Unless like I said before, you saved in RC mode on the other island and didn't notice, then when you travel across the bridge it doesn't update :huh:

My CPU is Quad Core 2.4Ghz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 512GDDR5 RAM ATI 4800.

I installed the 0.2e from 0.2b does that make a difference, are all versions added one after the other? Or does each version need to be installed one after the other, if not what is the update to fix. I've got frame limiter on, draw distance max. The game also crashes frequently as well, even when just flying. Something is wrong with my game I think, or the versions of the mod aren't right with my game.

My CPU is Quad Core 2.4Ghz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 512GDDR5 RAM ATI 4800.

I installed the 0.2e from 0.2b does that make a difference, are all versions added one after the other? Or does each version need to be installed one after the other, if not what is the update to fix. I've got frame limiter on, draw distance max. The game also crashes frequently as well, even when just flying. Something is wrong with my game I think, or the versions of the mod aren't right with my game.

Install a fresh copy of Vice City, and then install 0.2e and all 0.2e updates.

Sign in to follow this