:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
☠Freak On A Leash☠

help creating a new time macine

hey i need some help in the main.scm. im trying to find the code that makes cars time travel so i can add an extra one in if this is possible? becuase i dont want to replace any of the existing time machines

Edited by Wait And Bleed

What about Platina? :P

ok well I guess for now you could change the time machine model (deluxo.dff) for something else. maybe that would work.

It works but it's not the code. It's just another way to do it, but you still have to replace one of the time machines.

I'm doing the same at the moment...

Adding K.I.T.T. as additional TM. I simply go through the scm and look for the Car IDs and when I find them, I read and understand the code to then add it fitting to K.I.T.T.. A lot of it's codings are done, e.g. the hover animation, most timetravel code, the opening of Mr. Fusion while refuling, the garage selection and some other stuff.

Atm I'm thinking wether I should re-model the scanner at the flying version to make it move there, too.

That because the code is telling the vehicle to open the trunk. Mr.Fusion was modeled as the trunk of the deloreans.

Mini me said that alot of coding has to done. For me, it's not. Funny how I make TM with just a simple code. Adding a line in KITT'S code makes it time travel.

Uhmm, is it an extra TM? Is it RControllable? I guess you only use the create_thread @TIME line. Of course, it works but only that way that it uses the "else" parts in the code...

By simply adding this line, you can't e.g. give that specific TM the location circuits as standard function (of course without altering $RIDE_PASSED or $DELOREAN_LOCATION) or you can't open Mr. Fusion...

Same goes to the hover animation, values like the offsets need to be set new and complete new blocks need to be added.

I didn't say it wouldn't work with only this line, but who would bake chips on an open fire if he can use an oven? If I bake them, I don't want them to only be good, I want them to be better. I guess you understand how I mean it.

I still have better than that... Sooooooooooooooooooo simple. :mellow:

I still have better than that... Sooooooooooooooooooo simple. :mellow:

If it's so simple then why not just share it..... Walk the walk if you're gonna talk the talk ;)