Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
ace2029

Ace's completed models thread

Cinema Screen

Please note: the back is never seen in the movie, but I added the support frame ala the billboard outside Lyon Estates in 1955 - I figured that upstanding structures of this nature would require support - would make more sense for people that fly behind it in the DeLorean etc to see how the screen is supported.

Let me know your thoughts!

cinemascreen1.jpg

cinemascreen2.jpg

cinemascreen3.jpg

cinemascreen4.jpg

Blender model file here.

Guest Gameznerd

*Gameznerd couldn't help uttering a cry* That's just awesome Ace I wish I was such good :eekout:

How did the garage doors open?

I'd see if you can hinge them from either side and have them open outwards...not sure if this is possible; I can only remember garages opening upwards in VC.

Guest Gameznerd

Nice again ace!

@Dragon King: I think that you're only be abled to let it open upwards. Ore you've to try the same codes as SA use for the doors, but I'm afraid that that's not possible, cos that are other codes, for a diffrent game.

Edited by Gameznerd

What about there being an invisible model that is the garage, and then the garage we see (Doc's garage) being opened using code, like the Delorean wheels?

Nice again ace!

@Dragon King: I think that you're only be abled to let it open upwards.

Nothing to add :D

The garage looks really good!

Ore you've to try the same codes as SA use for the doors, but I'm afraid that that's not possible, cos that are other codes, for a diffrent game.

I've never looked at the SA Codes, but I think the door opening is hardcoded...

@DK:

I don't know, if you know how to code normal garages correctly, so I'll post it here. If the garage door is clearly defined as a garage door (I dunno how, I'm not a modeler :D and this may be the reason why it crashes ("My feeling")) you need to use this code:

0219: $var = create_garage_type 5 door x1 y1 z1 to x2 y2 z2 depth x3 y3

03BB: set_garage $var door_type_to_swing_open

I think the code is quite easy to understand, but there are some things, I found out, that need to be payed attention to:

z1 needs to be a bit lower than the floor

The point x3 y3 must be on the opposite of x1 y1

If you know it already, forget about that ;)

I think Evilraptors idea is quite good...

Nothing to add :D

The garage looks really good!

I've never looked at the SA Codes, but I think the door opening is hardcoded...

@DK:

I don't know, if you know how to code normal garages correctly, so I'll post it here. If the garage door is clearly defined as a garage door (I dunno how, I'm not a modeler :D and this may be the reason why it crashes ("My feeling")) you need to use this code:

I think the code is quite easy to understand, but there are some things, I found out, that need to be payed attention to:

z1 needs to be a bit lower than the floor

The point x3 y3 must be on the opposite of x1 y1

If you know it already, forget about that ;)

I think Evilraptors idea is quite good...

Thanks, I'll try that.

You can put DeLorean Pieces inside the garage ? ( Mr Fusion etc ... )

Edited by Microman

looks like we have to put it on our own.....???

by the way.......It's cool ace....... :lol:

y not make it look like it opens outward but make it open upward only you cant see the door opening upward? :jump:

Didn't I mention that?

I meant like the delorean/train wheels, only the car's forced to remain still (player can move = false, or something along those lines)

so that the door looks like it's opening like it would in reality; but a garage with an alpha texture is actually going up behind the door...

I meant like the delorean/train wheels, only the car's forced to remain still (player can move = false, or something along those lines)

so that the door looks like it's opening like it would in reality; but a garage with an alpha texture is actually going up behind the door...

This would work but again need coding space...

And you'll need to pay attention that you're no to close to the doors :D Maybe the code could push you away if you're too close...

Couldn't you just solve the problems like the doors. Normaly the doors open sideways, now the Del opens upwords so isn't that the same?

Yes, because opening upwards and sideways is the same...

'-_-