94 replies to this topic

#1 uokka

uokka

Docs Assistant

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:08 PM

I'm wasting a lot of time editing SA (BttF).
Now, I'm in a state of -wanna show my stuff-.

Ofcourse, I wont release anything without permission. :innocent:
The code is based on v0.1.3.2 (20101105) by bluespace88.
Since I'm a terrible coder (learning by doing), you could see my modifications to the "BttF SA mini Mod" as a requests-list for the next release.

In fact, my only intention is to spam the world with one or two more youtube videos..
This is my first one.

Iced DeLorean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koSN7qOcP-U

Yeah, freaky ending! I played with the moviemaker effects..

I made the Delorean use Paintjobs - yay!  (no download for that one, sorry. but a tutorial is there)
Well, you cant see that much detail, but my texturework isnt that brilliant anyway.

Some closer look:
th_iced_delo_front.jpg
th_iced_delo_front2.png

Unfortunately, only one texture inside the gxt file can get -iced- by paintjobs.
This is why some parts of the car are free of ice; those using different textures from the gxt.
Might the next DeLorean model have that covered.. :hands:

More/Latest videos

(Hovering car (no heli) / 3D Audio / Post Time Travel FX: Blue hull glow; Iced hull / Some FX tweaked)

FEATURES:

Spoiler

Please don't hit me! :o No, please!

uokka's_modified_BttF_SA_MM_(v0.1.3.2)_2012.01.7z

DOWNLOAD or dwnld

NOTES:

• First install the original mod (also read its readme!). (Attention! This wil install CLEO 3)
  • Then delete all of its CLEO scripts manually (yes, really). Or just delete the hole CLEO folder.
  • Then install CLEO 4 Library (donload v4.1.1.30f and NOT v4.2.a .. no no!)
  • Then you can install my stuff !
  • See my included readme for a list of bugs/limitations and other important info.
  • If you have trouble installing it, make sure you have read both readme files! (Yes, it sucks but waiting for me takes longer. I Promise.)

I'm always happy about any suggestions and/or help in killing bugs and adding features.

Criticism is accepted if youre good looking (requires proof).

Paintjob Tutorial to enable the iced effect.

---

*outdated*

Spoiler

Edited by uokka, 09 August 2013 - 06:30 PM.

#2 zero

zero

Einstein

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:28 PM

pretty awesone for the cold effect and the hover mod good work

#3 Dave27

Dave27

Docs Assistant

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:12 PM

Wow both the icing and hoverly look wicked. Is that Carlo's new bttf1 del?

Ofcourse, I wont release anything without permission. innocent.gif
The code is based on v0.1.3.2 (20101105) by bluespace88.

If you've rewrote the hovering mode then you could just add your section of code plus instructions on how to intergrate it into the current code.

Edited by Dave27, 03 August 2011 - 04:18 PM.

#4 uokka

uokka

Docs Assistant

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:15 PM

No! Tirido's Crysis DeLorean :)

EDIT:

If you've rewrote the hovering mode then you could just add your section of code plus instructions on how to intergrate it into the current code.

Haha, this would need more work than I've invested in this until now, im afraid.
Many BttF scripts are linked among each other by cleo globals. I have still some rests of code for the sparrow in my timetravel.cs. However, well see how it will going.

I'm glad you want it.. :D

Edited by uokka, 03 August 2011 - 05:17 PM.

#5 Carlos_McFly

Carlos_McFly

Docs Assistant

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:39 PM

Those are handsome mods :D

#6 Microman

Microman

Jennifer Parker

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1314 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:23 PM

Awesome reflections on the Crisys DeLorean , can you reupload it somewhere , please ? ( don't forget to give credits to Tirido )

#7 Mike

Mike

Marty McFly

• Root Admin
  • 3315 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:49 PM

Don't forget it was bluespace88 who converted Tirido's BTTF model to SA and VC.

#8 uokka

uokka

Docs Assistant

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:55 PM

Thanks guys!

Awesome reflections on the Crisys DeLorean [...]

The reflection has nothing to do with the model.
I'm using sa_hax_gfxhack.asi by DexX. This creates this nice specular light, making the DeLorean look muck mor steelish.

By the way, I've never seen a 3D modeling app in action. But I edited the model nevertheless. :ph34r:
I'll give you instructions soon..

Exactly.
To be honest, i think the 'Crysis' Delorean is not the problem. Thats only texture work.
I tryed to contact bluespace88 to ask if I could insult him in some way by showing my stuff in here.
Remember, im a poor coder. And I can fully understand, if someone who painted a s**tload full of oil paintings is p**sed off, when be compared to someone with a pencil..
However, he turned off PM. Lets see what he sais when he comes along.

Edited by uokka, 03 August 2011 - 06:17 PM.

#9 Daniel

Daniel

Docs Assistant

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:39 PM

Wow! The hover animation is so smooth! :o Hell, the flying is so smooth, it could be mistaken for an actual hovercar! Just add a Mr. Fusion lid and it's all set! I really hope you get permission to release it!

Edited by Daniel, 03 August 2011 - 07:40 PM.

#10 ~Leaf~

~Leaf~

~Pinkie Sparkle~

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:42 PM

however it still makes it Tiridos not Blues, just like carlos deloreans are moodogs and the TM parts are carlos's......., but you wont agree.... oh well

edit: actually they aren't even moodogs aren't they made by a company for a game then modded by moodog?

#11 uokka

uokka

Docs Assistant

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:00 PM

This reminds me of that overstated scifi adventure movie about some winged steel thing, touring somewhere beyond reality... Whose idea was that again? Oh, so many names on the list...

#12 Mike

Mike

Marty McFly

• Root Admin
  • 3315 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:59 PM

however it still makes it Tiridos not Blues, just like carlos deloreans are moodogs and the TM parts are carlos's......., but you wont agree.... oh well

No sh*t sherlock, I was merely indicating that blue would also need crediting and technically also ask for his permission since I believe Tirido only gave blue permission to release it here, and on the crysis forums.

True story.

#13 Mr.Kocher

Mr.Kocher

BTTF LC: Modeler/Mapper

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:06 PM

well mike, I have a question, if the deloreans in 2e aren't really carloses, then why do you guys get mad if "carloses old deloreans" are released and modified by others, since Carlos did the same with those deloreans to begin with? Did Carlos ever ask for permission to release his deloreans, let alone give credit to it's origional maker? It doesn't matter now to be honest since he obviously is remaking them all by himself.

#14 ~Leaf~

~Leaf~

~Pinkie Sparkle~

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:32 PM

because the way mike see's it is the last person to do something with a model owns the rights to said model...., I honestly think that its tirido's decision not blues but blue does indeed deserve credit just not that much...

edit: also carlos did have permission from moodog but I'm not sure if moodog would have been bothered to ask the company he used the models from

#15 Mike

Mike

Marty McFly

• Root Admin
  • 3315 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:41 PM

No Rave, I never said that. Re-Read my post re permission for the download ;)

But since it sounds like you guys want a little history lesson on the models we use, Carlos has always had full permission to use them in the mod.

Some brief history, courtesy of blue (posted on another site):

Just some history on this car.

It was originally modeled by Moodog for Midtown Madness 2, so that makes it about 9 years old. Carlos E.G.L. then took the model and converted to NFS 4. From there, it was converted to Grand Theft Auto Vice City by Silver 007 before I and Carlos picked it back up for the mod. When it was first converted to NFS4, it looked something like this:

Posted Image

Since then, I, and later Carlos, have been slowly upgrading parts of it, such as the rear deck, new coils and flux boxes, new time circuits, new flux capacitor, etc., using photos of the original B car whenever possible and various replicas at other times for those parts that were hard to distinguish. The model's been converted once again to Grand Theft Auto San Andreas and had various light textures changed to SA to support some of their lighting features, though I'll probably replace them with the original lights from the Delorean.

That said, I know theres still plenty of areas that are inaccurate. I know the entire back shelf is far too high on the Delorean, and there's still an issue of component placement on the rear deck and a few wire placements, and probably more that I don't know about. Just looking for feedback and some constructive criticism. That said, here are the cars:

BTTF1
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

BTTF2
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

BTTF3
Posted Image
Posted Image

BTTF3RR
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 ~Leaf~

~Leaf~

~Pinkie Sparkle~

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:01 PM

only thing i can say...
Posted Image

#17 Mike

Mike

Marty McFly

• Root Admin
  • 3315 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:08 PM

Whatever. I'd get more sense talking to a brick wall.

#18 ~Leaf~

~Leaf~

~Pinkie Sparkle~

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:43 PM

your just jealous.... ^_^

#19 Dragon King

Dragon King

Map Positioning Guru

• Mod Team
  • 2517 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:17 AM

nope, you're just too ignorant to understand that we were given the models after Carlos upgraded them. Since almost everything was replaced by him.

And while the Crysis Del's model is Tirido's. Blue had permission to convert and distribute the Del to VC and SA. You would need Tirido's permission to do anything to it and releasing it anywhere and you would need Blue's permission to touch the conversion of it because the conversion is BLUE'S work.

So tirido could give the ok to touch the model, but Blue could say no to touching the conversion and make you do your own changes.

#20 ~Leaf~

~Leaf~

~Pinkie Sparkle~

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:25 AM

this has been stated already you are too late....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hover, cleo, San Andreas