:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
daangelo29

What if you have the power to manipulate time?

What if one day you discovered you were a psychic who has the power to manipulate time? The power to freeze/slow down/fast-forward/reverse time, or travel through time at will? How or for what purpose would you use this power?

I'm still having second thoughts whether to continue my Half-Life mod Ghosthunter Chronicles, or to turn it to something simpler like a comic book. Due to the limited time I have I can't continue the project. I even barely even have the time to continue my CLEO mods. But I badly wanted it to be done.

This topic is to allow me to have some ideas regarding the psychics concept I made up for GC, hoping your ideas would inspire me in some way and finally allow me to make up my mind about GC. If you're interested to discuss about other stuff related to psychics, psychic power or the like, you can discuss them here.

You wouldn't wanna know what I would do if I could freeze time. :P That is if you mean that everyone/thing is frozen too.

I don't think I'd use that power, especially after seeing "Click!" movie. Maybe I'd go some 50-100 years into future to see what's happened and then come back and get rid of this "power"

Oh, that's kind of nasty, GS :P

Since this is a psychic power thing, you can do pretty much everything related to time manipulation. You don't have to worry about defying physics and other universal law for the fact that having psychic power is all about defying those laws.

In the case of this topic, you can go from just freezing a part of space-time, like freezing a car and everything inside it while everything else stays the same, to freezing the entirety of it except yourself.

@RG: Based from my psychic concept, the only way to get rid of psychic power is to find a Biokinetic, a life-manipulating psychic capable of manipulating our genetic makeup without damaging anything (he/she'd target your "psychic gene" and get rid of it safely), or an Astrakinetic, a psychic who can drain another psychic's energy, thus rendering one powerless.

Get a millions of dollars from knowing the lottery numbers. Than just get the powers removed. Nothing else to worry about.

You know, I thought of that. But then I came to conclusion that if you stop time, everything you touch will either ignite, upon unfreezing it. The other downside would be that videogames, internet, movies, everything will be frozen too :P You won't be able to sleep, and if you will, you will probably never wake up. What it is good for though is for traveling some distance if you're late. But then again, when you set everything back to normal you will probably feel quite a fatigue.

Unless the universe has comic book/BTTF physics, it will be fine than :P.

Edited by archer9234

Rewind time so I was myself at the age of 18 and redo College from the beginning... Without f***ing up...

In my concept of Horokinetics, they also have a unique ability of being able to manipulate physics through spacetime manipulation. I recall reading an article that says such a phenomenon is possible. Also, to make things a bit more realistic, I made it so that Horokinetics would know that freezing time is impossible without freezing oneself, that they still need a flowing time to move around.

The only thing they can do that's close to freezing time is making time extremely slow, but even that is too hard to do if they don't have enough experience and skill for the fact that gravity is too weak to keep them on the ground, they might set things on fire, they can't see clearly for the fact that light is too slow to allow clear eye sight, and all other crap you can think of.

You guys can go for my Horokinetic concept, or go for realism. Whichever thing you want, I just want your ideas.

nah man more like this

Cartmanland.gif

no but seriously..

Circular_City_I_by_thevenusproject.jpg

Edited by EarthwormJim

I remember a documentary of Atlantis with an artist's rendering of what it would look like. And it looked almost exactly like that. Can't say if it is Atlantis, just that it look's like that artist's rendering of Atlantis.

Edited by Joe Statler

This whole thing also reminds me of a cancelled project I had named "Shadow of Destiny: A Second Chance". It's suppose to be an indirect sequel to the game Shadow of Memories where a miserable teenage boy named "Eike Kusch" faces fate, only to meet a mysterious dude named "Homunculus" who reveals that the watch his uncle gave him is a hi-tech device that can control time. Because of its faulty programming of clinging itself to the user forever until fate is completely adverted/changed, Eike, who at first doesn't like the whole idea admitting that "there is no 'life' to go back to", had no choice but to turn back time, find the "root of fate" and "eradicate" it. Should fate get him again, the watch would automatically rewind time to allow him to advert it.

It's suppose to be a "user-controllable online comic book" where the reader makes the decisions for Eike in some parts of the plot, each decision leading to its own outcome and its own sequence of events following it, later leading to another decision-making. It's pretty much like the multiple-ending Shadow of Memories game, only broader and more complex. The characters and the reader him/herself would add to the plot's complexity.

I am now also having second thoughts whether to keep this project canceled or continue it.

go google the venus projct and watch the Zeitgeist orientation presentation. then youll know what im talking about.

no its nothing to do with religion

Any other ideas guys?

@EWJ: Watched the Zeitgeist movement vids on YouTube, and liked them. I would have liked them more if ain't for the ignorant people there.

if i had those powers i would first go back to november last year and redo my maths exam i failed it that time and that meant that i had to do foundation in the june exam which messed things up for me. then i would go forwards in time and grab myself some futuristic weapons. then i would come back here and take over the world. and if i started getting attacked i could then freeze time and move away and make them attack each other without releasing. and if i was board i would fast forward time a bit and then rewind it again watching things moving backwards and forwards.

I am afraid time manipulation is not safe, it is designed to prevent paradoxes, right? But it still creates another timeline. Therefore there would be another you. I think the Matrix would crash :P

Technically there is only one of you, but in all terms of time travel, you can't replace your past self with your current self, so it's a paradox.

Then you don't have a reason to go back in time in the first place.

Sign in to follow this