:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Ziero

BTTF GTA III

Hey guys, maybe I missed it somewhere, but I've noticed that there isn't a BTTF mod for GTA3. Now I know that is kinda useless considering that we have BTTFHV, which runs perfectly on my pc and is extremely great, not to mention nearly nobody has GTA3 anymore... I was just wondering that maybe for my own amusement, I would like to attempt a GTA3 BTTF. I have a few ideas and would like some possible coding help since I have discovered that GTA3 is a little more complicated than VC, simply because of its age... Now mind you that I do not plan to release unless I do have the proper permissions and only if there is enough demand for it... I plan to have this as my own project for things like videos and pictures... Okay and lets face it, a change of scenery would be nice. I've already done some thinking and I realize now that I will not be able to accomplish as much as in Hill Valley, but I'm just looking to make it decent and presentable. Just give me honest input, and any advice you can offer. Thank you and have a nice day.

Reason for edit: Wanted to add: Please do not lock, I will update every so often.

Edited by Ziero

I don't think we need to, we already have VC and SA, which are both far into the mod development, we don't need to start back at 0.1

It's not like it'll be new, and like I said if there is high demand, and if the mod team allows it, I will work on it myself. Not taking away from VC or SA, since I'm not a part of the main mod team. Think if this as a fan made (although technically any mod IS fan made) mod for HV, not necessarily adding to it or taking away, but just as a different location to "play" in, but I can't guarantee that this mod will be nearly as well put together as HV. Think about it all, its not a bad idea... The movies are a trilogy, lol, why can't the mod be a trilogy also? Plus, this may give some of us who can't run GTA4 on our pc's a good BTTF mod in Liberty City.

Here's a teaser vid:

No real progress yet, but trying to build a fan base to see if there is a real demand.

Not to plug my own mod, but it would be quite easy to port this over to the GTA:LC project. If you don't know what that is, it's GTA: Vice City with all of GTA3's maps, cars, missions, etc.

It's not complete (and may never be) but it's damn close.

Mike: Ahem, modelled by who? That sure looks like Silvers DeLorean with Carlos' updates to me...

Ummm well I got it from The GTA Place says BTTF Forever is the author... unless I missed some crit info... Sorry if I did... It says author... I assumed that means: "Created by"...

Edited by Ziero

so basically they got stolen...

I looked at his files. No mention of Carlos, Silver, or Moodog.

Guess who's locking the model files now.

I'm sorry about that... Really I had no clue... I'll pull the vid if you guys want me to and edit it with the proper information... Or I could just not put the vid up again, ever... I really want to do a BTTF GTA3 mod...

I would pull the vid for now. The GTA3 Deloreans were never authorized. Either way, you should have contacted the author to gain permission to use it.

vid pulled... sorry again... just wanted to show off a gta3 delo.... didn't really intend anything by it... was waiting for permissions before actual release... like i said it was a teaser, but oh well...

that was my point... just cars... but i don't want any probs so its gone... i'll wait for permissions before i do anything else... maybe by then i'll actually have something to show, lol...

I understand that... I wasn't releasing anything... I was just showing a teaser, you know, to kinda get a feel for the demand... see what kind of responses i got from it... maybe people want a bttf gta3 mod... i've been working on various code before and after that vid... golly some people just don't get what i'm trying to accomplish here... all because someone else got things all confuzzled like... i didn't say that i had anything to release now, the vid was just a stunt vid, kinda just playing with a delorean... maybe someone out there could have seen that vid and thought to themself "i'd be okay with a gta3 bttf mod, cause my pc can't run 4 yet and i liked liberty city..." really some people need to read all the details i swear.

rather then backwards converting and losing a lot of the features from codes that didn't exist then, or even models(flying delorean/train is a major one.....remember how hard it was to fly in GTA3? And the fact that hovering will be gone), its a lot easier to do what Craig suggested and use GTA:LC, especially since they're both using the same engine.

Just my 2 cents.

You could probably use GTA:United too.

Edited by Joe Statler

true, but wouldn't adding LC to 0.2e cause problems, what with the ride mission and the plutonium pick up? As where the SA version is just a cleo mod.

Edited by Joe Statler

besides, he's asking to make gta3 bttf mod. Not a straight up drop the script into gta:lc and hope it doesn't explode. But more scratchmade with pieces from the bttf mod, like SA is. Like how I converted some early builds to LC, like I did with KITT

" width="600px" height="361px">
" />

" width="600px" height="361px">
" />