:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
~Leaf~

Light Box Removal (because everyone kept asking for it)

so after deciding to shelve bttf-lc 1.1B for the time being i thought it'd be fun to dissect it and part it out until we start up again

so everybody remember those light boxes on the deloreans that no one liked ever? or in gta in general?

well in bttflc I had removed those and everybody kept emailing me, and bothering me about them in which i would naturally respond wait for 1.1B

lb.png

well heres a quick and dirty hack to remove the boxes, this file works in both gta 3 and vc and yes its compatible with bttfhv

what it's not compatible with however is Vice city v1.1 and III V1.0

KEEP IN MIND IF YOU RELEASE ANY FILES I GIVE OUT ON ANOTHER WEBSITE THAT ISN'T A DIRECT LINK TO MY WEBSITE I WILL NEVER RELEASE ANOTHER ADD-ON LIKE THIS AGAIN!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/svtslvwwdxwz23j/novehiclelightboxes.asi?dl=1

• Like 1

so after deciding to shelve bttf-lc 1.1B for the time being i thought it'd be fun to dissect it and part it out until we start up again

so everybody remember those light boxes on the deloreans that no one liked ever? or in gta in general?

well in bttflc I had removed those and everybody kept emailing me, and bothering me about them in which i would naturally respond wait for 1.1B

lb.png

well heres a quick and dirty hack to remove the boxes, this file works in both gta 3 and vc and yes its compatible with bttfhv

what it's not compatible with however is Vice city v1.1 and III V1.0

KEEP IN MIND IF YOU RELEASE ANY FILES I GIVE OUT ON ANOTHER WEBSITE THAT ISN'T A DIRECT LINK TO MY WEBSITE I WILL NEVER RELEASE ANOTHER ADD-ON LIKE THIS AGAIN!

http://www.bttf-lc.saram-network.com/download/NoVehicleLightBoxes.asi

Nice work, Leaf!

I have been using an alternative method, which I believe BTTFModMachine or someone else here taught me.

If you don't want to use a script, you can change the handling.cfg file. There are af and ag values for the front and rear light boxes. Normally, these are set to 0, 1, 2, or 3. To get rid of the boxes, you can change the value to 9.

Example:

Original handling:

BANSHEE         1400.0 2.3 4.5 1.6 0.0 0.0 -0.25 70  1.10 0.84 0.53 5 200.0 33.0 R P 11.1  0.52	0 34.0  1.8  0.18 0.30 0.49 45000 0.25 -0.18 0.5  0.3		8183		0  1

Light boxes removed:

BANSHEE         1400.0 2.3 4.5 1.6 0.0 0.0 -0.25 70  1.10 0.84 0.53 5 200.0 33.0 R P 11.1  0.52	0 34.0  1.8  0.18 0.30 0.49 45000 0.25 -0.18 0.5  0.3		8183		9  9

Therefore, if you wish to not have to use a script, you can simply edit the handling.cfg file to achieve the same result!

you have got to stop quoting the post directly above you

(however I'll keep that in mind for the ps2 edition of hv)

Edited by ~Leaf~

Hehe. :busted_cop:

I have been using an alternative method, which I believe BTTFModMachine or someone else here taught me.

Yes, that was me. :P

I also found that ThirteenAG included the light box removal in his latest version of Widescreen Fix for VC. http://thirteenag.github.io/widescreen_fixes_pack#gtavc

Edited by BTTFModMachine
  • Like 1

I think it bothered me most in regular gta vc that's the main reason i did it.

On 1/22/2023 at 1:32 PM, Tommy882 said:

The link to this mod is dead. Could you please re-upload a new one? Thank you very much!

I think we still have this, in fact I’m fairly sure that it is included in the forthcoming 0.2g. 

On 1/22/2023 at 7:32 AM, Tommy882 said:

The link to this mod is dead. Could you please re-upload a new one? Thank you very much!

hello, sorry i forgot to message you on gtaf, i'll message you there too incase you forget to check back here, link has been updated!