Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
CyberHULK

Save Games...

This mod kicks butt. It has awesome modelling, the DeLorean functions exactly as in the movie and the fact that you can actually time travel just like in the films, Awesome. There are only two things stopping this from being the best mod ever. 1: Save Games. You can save a game but it will not load and this means you have to play the tutorials over and over and over again, like a continuous time-loop. 2: There needs to be a full printable controls list included with the install or to make the the time travel controls a little easier. Like popping up a menu that has a list of functions IE "Activate Time Circuits" "Input Destination Co-ordinates" "Input Destination Time" "Activate Remote Control" ECT. You can keep the manual key inputs as well, but this at least provides an easier way to control control the car so when the "How to popup" disappears you don't have to minimize the game and load the help page just to confirm what you read 5 seconds ago. Anyway, great job on the mod and I hope you take these ideas to heart.

CyberHULK

PLEASE NOTE: I did a search in the forums and only found one topic "matching" mine, it was a help topic about the save games and the reply was "You can not save games". If there are any other topics out there the same as mine, I do apologize but I did search before posting.

In order to save games using the mod, you need to make sure the time circuits are turned off on all time vehicles you currently have in the game. You should then be able to load the save game successfully.

The controls will be somewhat revamped with version 0.2f, at which point a glossy PDF readme will be included for users to print out.

Hope that helps and welcome to the forums.

Thank you for the quick reply and the warm welcome. I'll try that next time I run the mod and I can't wait to see what you come up with in the next release.

CyberHULK

Edited by Mike
Quote removed, remember the rules on quoting the last post.

Sorry about that, it automatically put the quote in. One more note with save games as well. Don't save a game when your car in on a roof (Includes Parking structures), you will not be able to get back in after you load.

EDIT: LOL I only just got that after I hit the post button. Very punny Grim :P

Edited by CyberHULK

Note... I've always been able to save, time circuits on or not... I've saved while a time machine isn't present, as in, an RC TM has been sent somewhere and I'm waiting for it...

I like saving and then waiting a minute just for the car to appear :P

could the reply button be removed?

I once did that when I saw how often it is misunderstand (sorta) and because I didn't see a reason for it to stay (we have the multi quote buttons), but a force from above made me revert that change ;).

mini-me i think there needs to be a pinned topic, in a sync list format and have all of the ideas suggeste there with their topic links then people can know what has already been suggested.

Why not just read the topic titles? That's exactly why we ask you to use titles that summarize the topic, so that you know what the request is about when just browsing the forum. The only downside is that people had to read the whole topic to find a sufficient answer...

Sign in to follow this