Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
doctor911

bttf 0.2f is just a dream?

i know there will be another 3000 like this topic

but reflect,until 2012 there were newa released by modder but now if all goes well 1 or 2 year news,guys i understand that you have your lives

but give us something,even just a starter,a video let us understand that mod there!

heck whit patience wait for years,eager to enter the forum and news all the times we do not fnd anything!

if it s a money problem let us help you open an indiegogo,and we will donate something for the project!

but please,be active,because we can not do it anymore! we just want to answers!

thanks for listening to me!

indiegogo:https://www.indiegogo.com/

There was a photo update on our facebook page not too long ago. https://www.facebook.com/bttf.hill.valley

yes,but it all?that is a couple of pictures a years? bttfmodmachine has managed to create one mod best 0.2e in "little" time:gta sa modification by bttfmodmachine!

and continues to update it! it is true here are bugs,but slowly tries to solve!

i do not ask for much,just a video to see the progress made,from the last video,dating back to 2012 if i m not mistaken...

in conlusion i would like to make a serious talk:guys,i m not belittling your work! you are a fantastic people to dedicate time to your project.

i am the first to have you following the start,with the first version of the mod;i have seen you grow,version after version,with crazy ideas like "bananas" i have always valued!i have always admired your work! but guys,the community of this project is dying,and the only light they see is called 0.2f,and is faiding more and more!

i am italian,and there was an italian forum on these mods,you know what happened? is dead,awaiting the deceased 0.2f,and it s happening everywhere,and i do not want this to happen! give us something to cling please! :cry:

thanks for listening to me!

-doctor911

yes,but it all?that is a couple of pictures a years? bttfmodmachine has managed to create one mod best 0.2e in "little" time:gta sa modification by bttfmodmachine!

and continues to update it! it is true here are bugs,but slowly tries to solve!

Yes. I am making a "make it up as you go" mod. I take bits and pieces from other mods and modify them. The mod team on this site is making a mod on a much higher level. They create everything from scratch, unlike what I am doing. They don't build on top of others' work, besides Rockstar Games and their own BTTF mods also created from scratch. 0.2f is not some "make it up as you go" mod.

When modding, I understand how time-consuming it would be to create an entire mod from scratch, including models (especially when the mod team members have lives). Having a serious talk will not make anything come faster. The only "lucky break" (and I say that in quotes) was when Fusion released a partly finished 0.2f for the same reason you are complaining for. Mike deleted the link, but the file is still out there somewhere. Go find it and witness the progress first hand. That will be the only pre-mature release.

Whether the mod is dead or not is not for us to judge. It is purely speculation. The fact that an update was released not long ago proves that something is going on. The community is alive, as many of us visit the forum frequently.

I'm sure the mod team will agree.

• Like 2

Yes. I am making a "make it up as you go" mod. I take bits and pieces from other mods and modify them. The mod team on this site is making a mod on a much higher level. They create everything from scratch, unlike what I am doing. They don't build on top of others' work, besides Rockstar Games and their own BTTF mods also created from scratch. 0.2f is not some "make it up as you go" mod.

When modding, I understand how time-consuming it would be to create an entire mod from scratch, including models (especially when the mod team members have lives). Having a serious talk will not make anything come faster. The only "lucky break" (and I say that in quotes) was when Fusion released a partly finished 0.2f for the same reason you are complaining for. Mike deleted the link, but the file is still out there somewhere. Go find it and witness the progress first hand. That will be the only pre-mature release.

Whether the mod is dead or not is not for us to judge. It is purely speculation. The fact that an update was released not long ago proves that something is going on. The community is alive, as many of us visit the forum frequently.

I'm sure the mod team will agree.

i do not want to be misunderstood! i'm not here to sayi want the release today! i never said this...

i would just like a video how do you even whit your mod where we show the progress of 0.2f

as i've said before,i admire what they do! and i'm not putting in a hurry!

i'm just asking for more "news" about the project!

i would never dare to come to rush!

are only "concerned" short seven years,to heck,put us all time you need!

only occasionally,give us some appetizer

thanks you for your attention!

-doctor911

Well, the more threads like this one come up, the more it seems to me less updates are quite a good appetizer.

Yes. I am making a "make it up as you go" mod. I take bits and pieces from other mods and modify them. [...]

Which is the best we all can do while waiting for stuff which took many many hours to create and possibly bug checked by more than a single person. When done, it might have been worth the wait for us, we don't need to invest energy just for waiting, though.
  • Like 2

~ oops, wrong thread. ~

Edited by uokka
  • Like 1

I've been a bit disappointed tbh by the lack of updates after I left. Up until 0.2e, I tried to give it a release every few months just so the mod wouldn't seem dead, but it seems like the focus now is to have a full Hill Valley in before the next release.

Not really saying that the team hasn't done anything. They've done a lot since I left in terms of getting Hill Valley in, but there is a lack of a vision for what 0.2f should really be, and there's nothing really on how the rest of Hill Valley should look like. Hill Valley needs some creativity to fill in the blanks that were not shown, as I had no idea what the layout was supposed to be like back then and still don't know today.

If it were up to me again, I would have pushed Hill Valley to a later release and released the new code changes, ex: roger's train, doc's truck, etc, instead of waiting for a Hill Valley to pop up. I think the team should have asked the community whether they wanted to wait for the new map, or just to play with the new features.

But as many of you know, I've been out of the loop for a while, so take my words with a grain of salt.

I honestly don't know much. I'm the sound guy after all. The lowest important person. But Yeah. The map is what is taking forever. There's like 3 people dealing with the models.

I think one of the main issues was that. When 0.2e came out, A huge amount of people got upset that it was riddled with so many bugs. Maybe everyone was like "We can't do this ever again." So no matter how much is done. There can't be any issues ANYWHERE. I didn't like seeing 0.2e having so many bugs. Bugs that made no sense mind you. I was testing errors and crap for 2 weeks. intentionally time traveling in places that would cause crashing. Spawning the car, time traveling. Blowing up the car with trainers. You name it. The problem was I had a better PC then most. So a lot of times the crashing was caused by a crappier PC.

yeah, it was quite unstable, but that was the purpose to have everyone test it. It got pushed to 0.2f, but then features got added and models put in. And since I left, the bugs left in the code seem to have remained.

I've been a bit disappointed tbh by the lack of updates after I left. Up until 0.2e, I tried to give it a release every few months just so the mod wouldn't seem dead, but it seems like the focus now is to have a full Hill Valley in before the next release.

Not really saying that the team hasn't done anything. They've done a lot since I left in terms of getting Hill Valley in, but there is a lack of a vision for what 0.2f should really be, and there's nothing really on how the rest of Hill Valley should look like. Hill Valley needs some creativity to fill in the blanks that were not shown, as I had no idea what the layout was supposed to be like back then and still don't know today.

If it were up to me again, I would have pushed Hill Valley to a later release and released the new code changes, ex: roger's train, doc's truck, etc, instead of waiting for a Hill Valley to pop up. I think the team should have asked the community whether they wanted to wait for the new map, or just to play with the new features.

But as many of you know, I've been out of the loop for a while, so take my words with a grain of salt.

first of all,thank you all for giving their opinion,now,what he said blue deservers to be reread good!

now,from what i understand is hill valley that is giving a lot of problems at team

boys,i understand the loyalty to the series and all,but i want you to notice two things

version 0.2e had two versions:R1 and R2

the difference was just in hill valley,many computers do not govern,so why do all this mess,there would be enough to make two version a with hill valley complete and with half-hill valley(as 0.2e R1 and R2)

and thenk we boys in 2014 if there is some bug you just release mod with an automatic updater looking for updates from your site and istalls them

so we could have fun everyone even those who have a old pc,you would not have the problem most of the bugs; and all happy! if you think the solution is so easy :)

-doctor

Wasn't the point of the 0.2X series to be playable test builds anyways and not complete builds?

Yet so poular. Still..

why can't the people who visit this site asking for 2f not just move on and mod san andreas....you get much better things with a much bigger map!!

All of it.

Hey All, just dropping by for old time's sake. Went to BTTF Secret Cinema in London couple months back, was a childhood dream come true! Made me wonder how we're getting on here. I'm with Del on this one - would have favoured seeing the code first, especially the the number pad to key in the destination time (been lusting after that one since joining in the moddb days).

Good luck everyone.