:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
bluespace88

Multiple Time Machines

No sound, since multiple pointers to one mp3 seems to cause errors. Darn mp3 cleo function.

I'll fix it tomorrow, just need to share the mp3 between all time machines. Need to fix fire trails too.

Cool, awesome stuff as always. How many Del's will this be limited to? I think I recall seeing a post mentioning 5 of each type?

No, that's what Angelo suggested. I believe Blue posted somewhere saying 5 of each.

You need more than 2 Del's anyway, especially if the whole mod is gonna move to SA at somepoint.

Look at it this way. BTTF 1 DeLorean in 1985, BTTF 1 DeLorean in 1955, and BTTF 1 DeLorean in 1985 again.

BTTF II DeLorean in 2015, BTTF II DeLorean in 1955 (with old biff), BTTF II DeLorean in 1885, and BTTF II DeLorean in the mine in 1955

I'm sure there are probably others also, so 5 of each would be a good number.

There shouldn't be a need for more than 1 train though.

What Mike said. I suggested 2 because it wouldn't result to instability-related problems for those who use slow desktop PCs or laptops, and I wasn't thinking of a mod move.

If a move was to occur, 5 in total would be too few. 5 for each is good. :P As for the TT, go with 2, that is if you guys are planning to make the concluding scene of BTTF3 re-visit-able via time travel.

What Mike said. I suggested 2 because it wouldn't result to instability-related problems for those who use slow desktop PCs or laptops, and I wasn't thinking of a mod move.

They'll just not have to spawn/create the extra ones then :P

too bad the limit cant be set according to your graphics options on sa or something like that, there again that might not work.

Maybe blue can make setable in the source, so all you would need to do is download the source file and set it the number of Del's you want up to a max of 5 of each type.

I guess he spoke about a limitation when this wasn't as compatible with MTM as VC is (and now it is). So I assume he wont do any limitation on this ;).

I think the limitation was not having multiple threads, since he has now figured our how to do this, I am also of the opinion there could potentially be no limit. But if there was, 5 of each type would be a good number.

I think the limitation was not having multiple threads

Exactly. He would have needed to write extra code for each TM if he used the pre-created threads (what *.cs files represent).

Now this can work like VC's create_thread @Time... And you could most likely also use your

:D.

it saves me the trouble of writing 5 different scripts xD

I had 5 time machines time travel and come back already, so we know thats possible :P

Good to see my assumption and hope confirmed :D.

5, huh?

I remember there being FOUR instances of the machine in 1955.

1) DeLorean that came from 1985

2) DeLorean that came from 1985a

3) DeLorean that was brought from 2015 by old Biff

4) DeLorean in the graveyard, later went to 1885

And lets say a train. This stuff stays in cannon, doesn't it?

Technically each one creates the next one :P