:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Neomatrix

Mobile BTTF:HV

logoawc.png

Back to the Future : Hill Valley Mobile

Back to the Future Hill Valley was great on your PC, now it's on your Phone and Tablet too!

With Back to the Future:Hill Valley Mobile you can experience Hill Valley at any time, anywhere!

---

With the Mobile Edition of BTTF:HV I hope to port across most of the functionality that comes with the 0.2e version of BTTF:HV.

Whilst the game is not all the same and has some features missing, it is largely the same game that you've been used to playing.

However it is greatly improved as you don't have to sit at a desk or have a laptop to play it, you can play anytime with the devices we use every day.

---

BTTF:HV Mobile is still in development, however I am close to releasing it for iOS.

As for Android, I am sure this will work on it but I don't have an Android device, if anyone wants to help test for Android that would be great!

Requirements

Really really unstable don't even bother Devices:

iPad 1
iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS
iPod Touch 4th Gen

Minimum Devices:

iPhone 4S (Works but can be choppy in places)

iPod Touch 5G (Probably the same as 4S but maybe slightly worse)
Recommended Devices:
iPad 2

iPad Mini

iPad 3rd Gen

iPad 4th Gen
iPhone 5

Grand Theft Auto Vice City purchased and downloaded on device.

Sync Cable

A PC

A Jailbroken iDevice running iOS 4.2 or above

Recommended Devices should run BTTF:HV at a good framerate with minimal crashes.

Minimum Devices will run the game but it won't be the best experience that you can get.

Performance of GTA:Vice City is known to be choppy on the Minimum Devices.

A4 and below devices such as iPhone 4 are virtually unplayable without modding so this won't work well at all.

img0154z.pngQyDHzbE.png?1

Edited by Neomatrix
  • Like 5

I was thinking this for a while, i have both games on my ipod touch. I put a time machine Delorean onto the GTA 3 (had to reset my ipod so its not there any more :cry:) and it was great (doors wern't GUI wing...) and i was thinking how would it be possible...

I have been doing little coading with the scripts of this game and have 4 working time machines on GTA San Andreas (One is a taxi :D) but no idea how to code mobile devices... Hope someone does it though!

Wow, I just put a few hours to this.

I finally finally managed to get functionality!!!!!

I changed minor things in the SCM, I modified the key that needs to be pressed to enable the time circuits to the accelerate and reverse keys on the iOS version (guessing it's the same for android)

I tried various cars and it worked! I was so happy!

The first car I got had the circuits but wouldn't go to 88 only 85 I was so annoyed.

But funnily enough the car that managed to go to 88 happened to be the same car that I changed into a Delorean.

Baring in mind this is only 0.2d code as that doesn't lag a ton when I use it.

Obviously this isn't the same model as the actual Time Machine Delorean but it's as close as anyone has gotten to getting this mod working on the mobile Vice City!

Hopefully someone can help me with converting the models to a lower poly count version (I have tried however textures won't work) and maybe we can get a working version of this mod.

Wouldn't it be great to be anywhere, whip out your phone and start playing this ^.^

Here are some pictures as proof.

mrcrPJi.png

NpwuL20.png

Album link:http://imgur.com/a/rY01f#0

Thats great!

If you can get premission could you link it or send me a PM with a link in it so i can have a tinker with it?

I will try to get a BTTF Delorean.

As for the time change, maby it could be a swipe motion to change it like with the radios.

Great work!

what button did you make it too turn on the time travel? you might be able to do the same with flight (i would test, might destroy the game)

Edited by Doctor200004

Yeah sure, I need to go right now but I will put a proper working version out with instructions!

Anyone who wants to help just post and say what you can do :P

Yeah sure, I need to go right now but I will put a proper working version out with instructions!

Anyone who wants to help just post and say what you can do :P

I am learning coding so ya, i am looking for models for it, (with primission) we could create a mini mod!

Btw, speeds might be easy! I will look into getting it to work on all deloreans and (with luck :hands:) we will have a back to the future mobile game type thing, could even use some models from the mod and if we have premission of couse, relese it as a mod for anyone (anyone who knows what there doing)

btw the coading i am doing to to make more then one car time travel on gta san andreas, it works (with 1 bug... :facepalm:) but maby we could get this one though it and into a real type mod!

when i learn how to make 3d models i would make the models and textures my self, that would be later this year though.

i guess at the moment we could call this mod a :beta:^_^

Edited by Doctor200004

Give the 0.2b DeLorean's a try, those would be your best bet if you the game can't handle higher poly versions of the models used in later releases of the mod.

Give the 0.2b DeLorean's a try, those would be your best bet if you the game can't handle higher poly versions of the models used in later releases of the mod.

I got the first version and am going to go up from there, my iPod 4th gen might not be able to handle it but when I get a new one it will, I will try the models on my 4th gen to see the detail in them.

Edited by Doctor200004

nice works with mobile games. you can tag with 0.2e do send to mobile? :beta:

Hey guys, been messing around a bit with it all in free time.

But actually sitting down and trying to get a way to set the actual date/time on the time circuits.

Just getting all of the codes for the buttons on the game, they are almost the same as the PS2 controller codes.

As for the model Mike's suggestion worked, so thanks! :D

I tried it on my iPhone 4S and it's not the most stable, random crashes when starting up but I don't know whether that is just a glitch in my setup :P

But the BTTF 1 Time Machine works however I think some textures need to be modified because it looks a lil weird in places but I'm sure I can do it.

As for getting the TM's there just spawning like normal cars, I thought they wouldn't but I guess either part of the scm isn't functioning or it's another file or config that changes the spawning of cars.

My guess is that it's in the path files or something but one of the original modders would have to say :P

Anyway I will be keeping people up to date and eventually releasing something that means people can actually use this. But it won't be long :P

• Like 1

Do ya think I could have a look at the coding? I also might be able to get the time train to work (with luck) and that would be cool, I wonder wether the maps of hill valley could be added, it would be a long shot though, maby even Marty or Doc...

nice works with mobile games. you can tag with 0.2e do send to mobile? :beta:

We can't put them on as proper games, we have nothing to do with the mod team, it would class as a mini mod though.

Sorry for the posting twice...

Edited by Doctor200004

Check default.ide (assuming it has one) - when you scroll down to where the vehicles are listed, you should see a line towards the end of each line which either says

normal

richfamily

poorfamily

executive

For the vehicle slots you are using for the BTTF deloreans, change that value ignore - this should prevent the cars from spawning in the game.

Example below, the deluxo as you probably know, is the BTTF II DeLorean.

210,    comet,        comet,        car,     COMET,         COMET,             null,    executive,     10,     7,    2ff0,        249, 0.65
211,    deluxo,        deluxo,        car,     DELUXO,     DELUXO,         null,    ignore,     10,     7,    2ff0,        249, 0.79
212,     burrito,     burrito,     car,     BURRITO,    BURRITO,         van,    richfamily,    10,    7,    0,        239, 0.7

Hey guys, been messing around a bit with it all in free time.

But actually sitting down and trying to get a way to set the actual date/time on the time circuits.

Just getting all of the codes for the buttons on the game, they are almost the same as the PS2 controller codes.

As for the model Mike's suggestion worked, so thanks! :D

I tried it on my iPhone 4S and it's not the most stable, random crashes when starting up but I don't know whether that is just a glitch in my setup :P

But the BTTF 1 Time Machine works however I think some textures need to be modified because it looks a lil weird in places but I'm sure I can do it.

As for getting the TM's there just spawning like normal cars, I thought they wouldn't but I guess either part of the scm isn't functioning or it's another file or config that changes the spawning of cars.

My guess is that it's in the path files or something but one of the original modders would have to say :P

Anyway I will be keeping people up to date and eventually releasing something that means people can actually use this. But it won't be long :P

Just had a thought,

The fly mode would have to be a button, do you think theres a way of putting buttons onto the game? that would make it a lot better!

I could have a look at how they make theres to make them if they do!

Mike, do you think it would be possible to get the Hill Valley into the game?

Edited by Doctor200004

I got pretty bord and decided to do my best at how a button for the time circutes to turn them on would look, here is a 2 minute thing i did.

Button

and i also made the delorean flying, its a scetch and not a very good one but keeps the shape.

Button

the delorean was drawn on a flying delorean from vice city that was going into the wormhole so parts i had to guess where was.

I'm sorry for dubble posting...

Edited by Doctor200004

The buttons are cool :P

However I don't know if I could use them as I can't create buttons as I think they are an embedded part of the binary file.

It would require a lot of work to reverse engineer all that and I wouldn't be able to do it.

Plus we have buttons so we should use the ones we got :P

Anyway I managed to stop other Deloreans from spawning and got the BTTF 1 from the earlier releases of BTTF:HV and also managed to get the font across!

The font isn't perfect, I guess the positioning is slightly different to that of the PC version.

R* really do know how to be annoying as they store the font in a png file and it's just the font on a white or 0 alpha background.

I got there in the end.

HxmLf4x.png

That's great mate! Still, I will look into the buttons on my iPod and see if its possible.

I just releised, we could work on this using a folder, it automaticly updates everytime some one adds something, so in other words, say if your working with some one to do this (me) then it would be possible to share the files!

Also, can i ask, could you send me that stuff, I want to see how it works on a 4th gen iPod and also see the coding behind it. If i get lucky i would stummble across the buttons because it might be easyer then you think!

Great work on the UI interface and also i think the models you are using are more high detail on the iPad then on computer! How did you change the time that you are going to land though?

Also, how do you refuel the flux? Imported the plutinum or something?

What buttons are used to turn on/off the time circits?

Because i can't get into my ipod at the mo i googled it and found a possible salution, its a mod but it might just help...

Link

you could use the keyboard like them or you could use that tech to make buttons, ever way its a keyboard! [EDIT] just relised it might not work because its android not IOS, it might work too if it runs of the same system.

Just found this youtube clip that has the buttons in different places.

Maby this will help!

Edited by Doctor200004

Yeah none of those things will help at the moment :3

Cheats might be a way of getting things to activate but the iOS version has no keyboard support and I don't know much about modding iOS apps.

I took a snoop around the gta_vc binary for iOS and there are references to the buttons such as "FEC_ACC" and "FEC_HRN" those being accelerate and the horn buttons.

But obviously this is all compiled so it's a no go editing this as if I did decompile and all that if it were possible it would be illegal to distribute.

At the moment I think I'm going to have to stick with the keys currently there.

I've managed to map out all of the ones that I can use, It's just now modifying the scm so I can edit the time circuits and select a date and time.

To refuel the plutonium you just head to the back of the car and stand there just like 0.2d.

As for the buttons to turn the TC's on/off is Horn + Accelerate.

Nice work. I've been wanting to do this for awhile.

Yeah none of those things will help at the moment :3

Cheats might be a way of getting things to activate but the iOS version has no keyboard support and I don't know much about modding iOS apps.

I took a snoop around the gta_vc binary for iOS and there are references to the buttons such as "FEC_ACC" and "FEC_HRN" those being accelerate and the horn buttons.

But obviously this is all compiled so it's a no go editing this as if I did decompile and all that if it were possible it would be illegal to distribute.

At the moment I think I'm going to have to stick with the keys currently there.

I've managed to map out all of the ones that I can use, It's just now modifying the scm so I can edit the time circuits and select a date and time.

To refuel the plutonium you just head to the back of the car and stand there just like 0.2d.

As for the buttons to turn the TC's on/off is Horn + Accelerate.

Good idea with the horn + accelerate, good luck with changing dates though...

Also, agreed with translikestate on that.

[EDIT] Just thought of a possible way, the change radio station you slide your finger across it, maby the same with the time circits or even remove the radio from them cars and make it control the time circits?

Edited by Doctor200004
  • Like 1

I don't have a smart phone or anything but I think its pretty cool you do this, Neomatrix.

Work progress also seems to go quite good. Nice work.

I don't have a smart phone or anything but I think its pretty cool you do this, Neomatrix.

Work progress also seems to go quite good. Nice work.

If you have a iOS device like me (he is coding it on iPad, another iOS) then you could have ago!

Off subject, as a test I got your bttf SA stuff today and the spawn that came with it didn't work...

Hey again.

Yeah this mod should work with iOS and Android, however installing it on will be a little more difficult.

Due to copyright stuffs, I'll have to release a tutorial with the files and how to put it all on there.

Whether just dragging the games entire directory off and running an installer on it will work I don't know but I'll think of some way.

The radio idea I had as well, I thought it could be useful for changing time circuits but the radio control only uses one key technically.

While it's still useful I don't think there is a way of detecting whether it's going forward or backwards.