:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Nickumtoo

GTA SA Crysis DeLoreans have white wheels?

Hello all! So basically I have taken to modding SA again and just LOVE the Crysis DeLorean models. However for some reason when entering hover mode with the BTTF2 as well as other modded DeLoreans that share the same animation, the wheels are a bright white. At first I thought it was the models but when the DeLorean is just driving the wheels are normal, so i have no idea. I would really appreciate any help I can get. Let me know if you need more clarification as i really wanna fix this! Anyways basically I have modified the base models as well as a few things in bttf.img (again if i must be more specific please inform me) as well as in gta3.img. Again help would be VERY appreciated! I need these beautiful cars!! See you in the future.... or the past!

First off

This doesnt go here.

Second

Im gonna assume this is vice city since you failed to mention it

If its pure white you are missing textures

If they are just brighter than the car thats due to the fact vc uses primitive techniques to animate the wheels i.e. building models (ew) so they are brighter because lack of vertex shading in the model...

I'm sorry Leaf i really don't know where to put this. And no I am using San Andreas. In san andreas I have simply replaced the normal delorean models from the BTTF mini mod to the Crysis delorean models. I replaced everything perfectly in bttf.img and in gta3.img and yet when switching into hover mode it just has "white wheels" I guess they are untextured?  

edit:

Sorry again Leaf... i REALLY do not know what i am doing both on this site and in general with modding. I'm learning but i'm nowhere near how incredible you guys are...

edit x2:

Oh! Also thank you for actually looking at my problem. If by some chance you were unable to help me, could you point me in the right direction of someone who could? Thanks, and sorry again!

Fixed ~Leaf~

totally shows i don't know how to read. or should start sleeping... cause i just re read your initial post and you do mention SA

okay so i know it sounds like i'm picking on you but i'm not, please don't double post in your case triple post, use the edit button, i'm gonna move this topic to off topic since it's not an issue with the sa mod exclusively. and don't worry this is the best time to learn how to use the forum when there's not a lot going on

it definitely sounds like you are missing a texture file, double check your files 

Though it is sounding like this issue is only happening during animation

you could have possibly deleted a texture used by animation or worst case.... Someone....CARLOS... is using the same texture file for animation as the car...... so you'd need to find the texture in the regular car that looks like wheels that isn't in the other cars and add it, or be better than us and make a new TXD and change the object handler to use that TXD...

Pro Tip:  TXD files go after DFF files in the IMG

so place all your DFF files then place all TXD Files,lastly hit Rebuild archive to recompress (your game will load faster and have less bugs)

also when you have issues like this its usually good practice to post a picture of the problem.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond, especially in so much detail! I will post a pic right now, and ill see about trying to find original texture file and adding it but like you said it only happens during the hover conversion animation... anyway thanks again!!

unknown.png

thanks for the picture, that definately helps, also i wasn't notified and the topic got burried

yep that's definitely missing textures so my guess is the original deluxo model inclues a texture file for the wheels

hmmm i guess that would make sense. Sorry to bother but do you think you could possibly point me in the right direction of where the original deluxo model might be? When i got the Crysis DeLorean model it was an "all in one" setup and it claimed it had the wheel textures... I guess i will keep digging. Thank you for all of your help! BTW when i try and place the original wheel textures back the game crashes so for some reason it doesn't like that.... anyways, thanks again!

honestly its been so long since i've seen the sa mini mod directory i couldnt really tell you, i know its in an img, cant remember if we had a custom img for cars at that point or not.

by the way if you want more regular help you can reach me on discord pretty much all the time my username is

~Leaf~?#0708