Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
hxnva

Vice City time zones

I know that the map of Vice City is not the main focus and if there ever was a full version of the mod with a full map of HV it would be useless, but I've always had the idea to integrate some of the map elements from Vice City Stories, there are some differences, such as Sunshine Autos still being built in VCS. It would be really cool to see some of these features integrated into the map at different time zones. :)

Edited by hxnva

I like that concept and I think it's do-able. And I think you mean "era" when you say "time zone." At first I thought you were talking about a map conversion of the other GTA games' maps, like "GTA United", but with actual time zones.

4 hours ago, the1upDude said:

I like that concept and I think it's do-able. And I think you mean "era" when you say "time zone." At first I thought you were talking about a map conversion of the other GTA games' maps, like "GTA United", but with actual time zones.

Yeah, no idea why I said it like that.

Edited by hxnva

thing is the only reason some of the gta vc buildings change is because their models were already there, feel free to convert the models and release them to the public though

10 hours ago, ~Leaf~ said:

thing is the only reason some of the gta vc buildings change is because their models were already there, feel free to convert the models and release them to the public though

What do you mean? Are there actually buildings in Vice City that change depending on time? If so, I never noticed. 

Alright, I've done some reasearch (what the hell is going on with my grammar recently) research. Unfortunately the only thing I was able to find was this GTA VCS mod for GTA SA, which has been dead for a while but has got the map. I really don't know much about these things, but would it be possible to extract the map from that mod? 

http://www.moddb.com/mods/vice-city-stories-pc-edition

Edited by hxnva

yes but you'd need to convert the models to vc in max, as sa models are huge 

I've been playing around with the map files for a few hours, the game crashes on the loading screen. Will reinstall and try with the vanilla game tomorrow.

Sign in to follow this