:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
peter

hill valley 0.2f showcase

alright I thought I'd showcase in a video some of the best features of 0.2f.

there are bugs like time traveling by pushing the delorean to 88MPH while using cutscene time travel

hill valley looked buggy when I was driving up to it, the models had no back to them at the start of hill valley

trying to add the hook to the BTTF1 delorean crashes the game

the game randomly crashes while in docs truck at the airport

and also once or twice the game has crashed while getting into the time train

its all unhandled exeption errors.

if I find more crashes and when they happen I'll add them here

Edited by peter

A quick video response about the release of 0.2f based on my play-through of the beta:

• Like 3

Nice walk through TT, I literally didn't have time to make any trailers so thanks for putting this up. 

well my one is more of a showcase.

it took ages to put things together because of the crashes.

but I'm still gonna play it because it's fun. I've already had a guy complain about the mod pack saying the 7 years isn't worth it ( back to the future forever group on facebook)

@timetrain:

Nice video :).

At around 4 minutes you mention there's no marker for the plutonium and you'd have to know where to go to get it. That's somewhat right. If you try to refuel the DeLorean without having plutonium, then it'll highlight it on the map.

Nice walk through TT, I literally didn't have time to make any trailers so thanks for putting this up. 

Thanks Mike, Not much of a trailer though could do much better if that was the case.

@timetrain:

Nice video :).

At around 4 minutes you mention there's no marker for the plutonium and you'd have to know where to go to get it. That's somewhat right. If you try to refuel the DeLorean without having plutonium, then it'll highlight it on the map.

True didn't try that. Just assumed. Newbies to the mod wouldn't know to press tab at the rear end to refuel though, why I added that part in mostly.

It's a maybe at this stage, but the tutorial and ride missions might be added back in.  Depends if Jen can figure out blues code for those missions, as it's not just a case of cutting and pasting the code from 0.2e.

Only issue with re-adding the ride mission is that we would also need the dmc-13 time machine back in.  While we could add it back as a road going vehicle, we stole it's heli slot for the 2015 taxi (hover conversion and animations to follow soon)

Quick note newspapers. Were only able to be picked up in bttflc not hill valley

Quick note newspapers. Were only able to be picked up in bttflc not hill valley

Nope, never played BTTF:LC only HV. I think it was like 0.2c

i'm actually going to download 2c to see, because if it was possible in scm i'm adding it back to the nov release

We're the newspapers in the particles file? If so it's very likely they were remove to make way for the newer effects. Still, if you know of a way to increase the particle limit then for sure lets add them back in

Yes they are in particles, i can increase the limit of particles on screen not particle slots

Ah.

I'm not so sure how that works.  I just know that things were changed to accommodate newer functions in the mod, such as the spark effects, and smoke stack on the Rogers etc.

Only issue with re-adding the ride mission is that we would also need the dmc-13 time machine back in. 

Funny coincidence that you mention that, Mike .... I thought I had seen all of its versions in-game :P

Funny coincidence that you mention that, Mike .... I thought I had seen all of its versions in-game :P

I don't know what you mean.... :shifty:

Only issue with re-adding the ride mission is that we would also need the dmc-13 time machine back in.  While we could add it back as a road going vehicle, we stole it's heli slot for the 2015 taxi (hover conversion and animations to follow soon)

Not sure how big of a job it would be but just by way of suggestion, seeing as Leaf is helping with the project now could the hover mode be the same as BTTF:LC that way no hover/heli slots would need to taken up & all cars would be able to hover (Leaf correct me if I'm wrong)

I come back from holiday to find all of these comments on my thread :3

I am so looking forward to the next update.

the only things that irked me was the lack of traffic and the crashes other than that it was fantastic!

keep it up guys and I'll do more videos ( it gives me something to do other than just dragon ball Z and the like)

Not sure how big of a job it would be but just by way of suggestion, seeing as Leaf is helping with the project now could the hover mode be the same as BTTF:LC that way no hover/heli slots would need to taken up & all cars would be able to hover (Leaf correct me if I'm wrong)

no, it would require me to rewrite too much of the game

no, it would require me to rewrite too much of the game

That's a shame, as it would have saved a lot of vehicle slots, but I guess if it means the whole thing being re written then fair enough...

Here is everything you need to know about the BTTF DAY update of 0.2f. Plus some fukery.