:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
DocBrown33

Loading game crash

Question

Hello ! 

I too am French ... well! and my problem is that during loading, this cup full load middle and when I press "ENTER" the game stops and shows me a message that the game was a problem and stopped working. I installed both version the automatic and the manual but nothing changes.

Edited by Mini-Me
removed code box around text. Made it impossible to read otherwise

9 answers to this question

To load a saved game, you have to start a new game. Once the new game loads, you can go ahead and load your saved game from the menu.

Edited by †BULLET†

There's certain aspects of the game that occur when loading saved games we can't control. These sadly lead to unpredictable behavior, so please don't use game saves.

There's certain aspects of the game that occur when loading saved games we can't control. These sadly lead to unpredictable behavior, so please don't use game saves.

My game crashes when starting a new game, same thing as this, it crashes on loading collisions.

• Like 1

Mon jeu plante lors du démarrage d'un nouveau jeu, même chose que cela, il se bloque sur les collisions de chargement.

Moi aussi il se plante en plein milieu du chargement

Copy and paste from another question :rolleyes:  Sorry, but we need specifics otherwise we can't help you.

What version of Windows are you running?  If you have any anti-virus software installed, did you disable it before attempting to install the mod, as they can interfere with the installation process in some cases.

Version of vice city?:
-Retail
-Steam
-Downloaded from torrent etc

Are you trying to install the mod of a fresh install of Vice City (this is recommended)?

Is the installer completing successfully? You may need to run it in comparability mode.  Also keep in mind that the installer can take 5 - 10 minutes to complete, and you should leave the computer alone during this time. 

Sorry for my english but i'm french ;-) 

My version of Windows is Windows 7 SP1 Gta Vice City original (PC CD-ROM) and Bttf Hill Valley 0.2e and it works

After installing Bttf Hill Valley 0.2f my games crashes while loading and show a message : Loading the game , loading collision

I don't understand how so many people run into this issue :(. I've tried 3 different versions (old disk of original release (2 CDs), re-release in GTA Trilogy box on DVD, Steam) and with none I experience these issues.

Can you please create an MD5-checksum file of your clean GTA Vice City installation directory (before the mod is installed)? I want to know what or if there's anything different about the version of the game you have. To do that, preferably use the tool HashCheck, right click on the game's folder and go to properties, the checksums tab, wait until it calculates all checksums and then hit save. Post the file here then please.

Next, please do the same after you install the mod and post the file as well as install_log.txt in the mod's installation directory.