:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed

Question

I just downloaded 0.2f, and everytime I try to start a new game, it begins loading, but then randomly pauses and crashes once it tries loading the "collisions". A window also appears saying, "Unhandled Exception c0000005 at address 00660e35". I've tried running it in compatibility mode, and in administrator mode but nothing seems to work. Is there any fix for this? 

7 answers to this question

I think this might be an issue with the installer - so you may be best to wait for the manual install file which I will be putting up as soon as I can.

In the meantime, could you confirm:

What version of Windows are you running?  If you have any anti-virus software installed, did you disable it before attempting to install the mod, as they can interfere with the installation process in some cases.

Version of vice city?:
-Retail
-Steam
-Downloaded from torrent etc

Are you trying to install the mod of a fresh install of Vice City (this is recommended)?

Is the installer completing successfully? You may need to run it in comparability mode.  Also keep in mind that the installer can take 5 - 10 minutes to complete, and you should leave the computer alone during this time. 

i have this issue once , when i set my resolution to 1080 the game crash whit a unhandled exception windows......

after i restart the game , it was in 1080 and working......

but i have the same eternal bug i have whit the o.2e......after the game start , the screen is black until i press the left mouse button

windows 7x64 avast antivirus not disabled , good and fonctional torrent version of the game , fresh install

Edited by furycom

Im running Windows 7 and the anti virus was turned off. The vice city I got was downloaded from a torrent. I'll try reinstalling vice city in the meantime. 

Quoting from a similar bug report:

I don't understand how so many people run into this issue :(. I've tried 3 different versions (old disk of original release (2 CDs), re-release in GTA Trilogy box on DVD, Steam) and with none I experience these issues.

Can you please create an MD5-checksum file of your clean GTA Vice City installation directory (before the mod is installed)? I want to know what or if there's anything different about the version of the game you have. To do that, preferably use the tool HashCheck, right click on the game's folder and go to properties, the checksums tab, wait until it calculates all checksums and then hit save. Post the file here then please.

Next, please do the same after you install the mod and post the file as well as install_log.txt in the mod's installation directory.

Español - Spanish

Perdón por revivir, pero tengo el mismo problema. Tengo Windows 10 x64, la resolucion del juego la uso en 1920x1080x32, pero este mismo problema lo tengo desde la version del modo 0.2e. Te dejo los archivos que necesitas para probarlo (MD5 y install_log.txt) Gracias.

Inglés - English

Sorry for bump, but i have the same problem. I have Windows 10 x64 and run the game in 1920x1080x32, but this mistake and had it since version 0.2e. I leave the files you need to test (MD5 & install_log.txt) Thanks.

Sorry for my bad bad english:(

Grand Theft Auto Vice City.md5

Grand Theft Auto Vice City BTTF.md5

install_log.txt

There's a few files that don't fit together. It looks like you didn't install the mod on a clean copy of the game. Please try that and then repeat the steps :-).