Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
~Leaf~

New BTTF Game and 1.1B Release Date

reposted because archer deleted the only topic i care about

BTTF:LC 1.1B is without a doubt being released on November 5th, the mod is in the process of being cleaned enough for a release because we honestly feel that you have waited long enough, too long actually. so why are we releasing 1.1B and then doing a patch for all the broken things? well two reasons actually. the engine is basically destroyed. at some point I became very unhappy with the direction we were taking the mod and I started trying to change features and half way doing it. so I have to pick and pull until the game is somewhat playable but still better than 1.1A Reason number 2, I'm busy with Bronycon and fixing hill valley's 0.2f for their release as well, basically I offered to help and they said sure why not.

will there be a "1.1C/1.2/2.0"?

No actually Everyone in the team is either sick of playing rockstar's lets fix the broken stuff game, or are sick of BTTF

So what happens now?

there are still a few people who are still into BTTF in the team, and myself slightly still into it. what this means is we are ready to broaden our horizons to making our own free to play BTTF Game, we are in the process of building an engine and seeing how that goes. keep in mind we are starting at ground zero that means this could either fail horribly or take a long time to make.

so when do I get to play?

that's actually hard to answer because we are horrible at keeping dates for a mod let alone a full game. so heres the plan, the year is almost over, so theres no chance of releasing this year. but that means we can try to release a playable game. some time next year

what will be in the first game build?

unfortunately the first build is going to seem a little boring, because theres no time travel. but we will have hill valley, an animated player model of marty mcfly and a brand new DeLorean time machine to drive around the city.

why isn't there much in the build?

this was decided because we want to get it out there and then do updates to the game engine/game so you always have something new to do.

will it be multiplayer?

yes actually but not in the initial build. and this is mostly because we want to build an avatar system for players to really interact with eachother.

how would multiplayer even work?

this one we can't say much about because we want you to actually see it. but the mode we have come up with is going to be awesome.

so what's it called?

we haven't come up with an official name for the game yet but at the moment we are calling it BTTF Reloaded or BTTFR for short. any ideas on a back to the future game thats not called back to the future the game are appreciated. we really dont want our game confused with telltales game.

will the Hill Valley team be helping you with BTTFR?

Probably not as they seem invested in the HV series, but they are welcome to help or donate towards the game at any time.

any more questions I'd be happy to answer the only questions I cant give much detail on is questions about the engine, nothing is final at this point.

we are so excited to take the next leap with you guys and we hope you are too. and on behalf of the remaining team. thank you for everything.

• Like 1

Questions about the game

Will it use directx or OpenGL? Will it have native linux/bsd compatibility, or would I have run it under Wine? I technically do have a windows 7 install, but I really would prefer to in the near future go 100% linux.

Edited by BTTF3_DeloK.I.T.T

It does have open gl support but right now we are working on the direct x support, im not sure if ill impliment a native linux build but it will run natively on mac os and windows, also we wont be giving it the bttf story or bttf branding as we hope to put it on steam greenlight when its done

Hey,

If you've got a space I'll be happy to help with the free to play bttf game. I'm alright at doing 3D modeling and stuff (just don't let me do people or cars).

yeah just send me a pm with some models you've made and i'll look into it, my only rule is the absolute max poly a model should be is 2,000

This is very exciting, Leaf. Good job. Thanks for all the hard work. I'm looking forward to try out the new game.

Please post some screenshots or something when possible, definitely loving this idea. :)

Edited by †BULLET†

i will when i get a chance, i'm currently experimenting with my own engine and with unity 5

so you don't want it released early?

I lol'd at that. BTW I'd love to see a F2P game about BTTF. But won't there be copyright issues?

if its free to play and all the game's resources are open source they can't sue anyone because its community driven, its like building a time machine in your garage, you used so many parts from so many brands that they cant sue everyone.

so you don't want it released early?

No, what I meant was did you pull the release date forward?

Course I want it released Early!

Edited by Red Bull X1

Since i was a child i dreamed a Bttf Inxpired game. Are you already working on it ? Sometimes you will upload some screenshots ? Thanks i support your project

Dammmm hill valley 2.0f and liberty city mods in less than a month from each other