:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
reclaimer

[GTA-SA]main.scm script for wheels turn like flying Delorean?

Hello, everyone. Sorry if this isn't the right section. Is there a script to activate & deactivate cars' wheel to become the Flying Delorean's wheels when it flies to be ported into the main.scm? I installed a flying cars mod and would like to have this feature for all cars. It could just look like when you activate the "Drive on water" cheat where the cars rotate 90 degrees. There's a cleo version where I have to type

"wheels", but I may I please have one for main.scm only with these key_press to activate & deactivate:

00E1: player 0 pressed_key 4
00E1: player 0 pressed_key 8

Thank you in advance. I was going to post in trouble shooting, but, it's empty (no topics).

Edited by reclaimer
  • Like 1

Any reason to not realize this via CLEO?

If you're interested in some experimental modifications of the SA BTTF mini mod, I did change the mod to not use an external model for the wheel animation but rotate the actual vehicle wheels instead.

http://www.bttfhillvalley.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=3630#entry71484

This could be shrinked down to a small script that only does the wheel-thing. The "Drive on water" cheat could additionally be added. If you want to re-use and/or modify my code, no problem.

• Like 1

Hello, uokka. Thank you for reading and responding to my topic. I forgot to mention that I'm trying to install it into a non BTTF mod. Thanks for your link. The third spoiler "BttF_Hover_Anim.s (notice, its not .cs)", is it possible to install into the main.scm? I noticed it has 3d audio stream in the script. I have to confess that I'm playing mods on X-Box G1. I'm worried about mentioning that, because nobody will reply if I mention X-Box. Pretty much mods will work on X-Box as long as they're not cleo, don't require 3d audio stream, and files are installed into existing Rockstar folders. But, I understand if it's impossible to make a small main.scm script version. Thank you for your support in letting me edit your script and try to see if I can get it working.

Edited by reclaimer

A non-BTTF main.scm mod? Have you tried CLEO with it? If so, what was the crash?

Still, you might not be able to use the hover anim script with multiple cars simultaneously.

Hi, BTTFModMachine. I didn't get any crash. I'm just trying to get help by great modders for supplying a small key press script that will make the wheels rotate 90 degrees, no animation models, just 90 degrees like when you enter the drive on water cheat and the wheels bend. I'm sorry I didn't include "X-Box" in the topic title. I was afraid nobody would want to help me with the small request. I recently installed a "Flying Cars" mod into the main.scm that was meant for cleo. It works on X-Box after installing it into main.scm. All vehicles & Bikes fly very smoothly. I also got other mods working as well. If this thread is bad, I'm sorry, I understand if it gets locked.

Edited by reclaimer

My code relies on functionality privided by CLEO, like 3d audio, which could just be removed, though.

Memory hacking (the way I did the wheel animation) is also possible with pure SCM (i.e. if CLEO not installed) but I'm actually not sure how to do this and if the same amount of complexity will still be supported. Anyway, I'm not the correct guy to do a main.scm mod anyway. I failed every time I tryed to and CLEO is just a way cleaner solution so I didn't bother.

No CLEO available for X-BOX? That'd suck..

Thanks, again uokka. I'll try to remove the 3d audio stream script parts. Just to be certain, there's no hovering and no animation, correct? I'm going to post a link to a video I made of me playing a mod "Gravity Gun" by Ryosuke installed into Zaz's stripped main Zombie Alarm on X-Box.

Video Download Link (53MB) : http://www.mediafire.com/download/ui0upg8ggffghi2/XBOX-GTA_SA_Float_Gun_TEST.7z

If I remember correctly it also had memory hacks. In the past I talked to a modder that had a friend that got Cleo scripts working on an X-Box somehow, but I haven't heard from him in a very long time...

Edited by reclaimer

Yes, the hovering is not done in BttF_Hover_Anim.s, but the wheel animation is.

I'll come back to this in a few days. I recently played around with Anderius (Alien City) which comes with CLEO 3 while my code edits require CLEO 4 so I attempted to clean the code and remove possible mistakes. I might be able post a shrinked down version which will only do the animation, nothing else, you could then try to use that in your main.scm.

Ryosuke is a hack of a coding wizard while I'm not. I can't say if my stuff will work just because some of Ryosuke's does.

Thank you very much for considering helping me with your script. And don't feel bad about your mods : )

Edit : Here is a script by fastman92. It rotates the wheels to 90 degrees, but, I don't know how to make it so that I can activate/deactivate with key_presses, instead of typing "wheels". Typing isn't supported on X-Box G1. I'm trying to make it useable to main.scm, instead of cleo. I can't ask him again, because he already did too much for me.

// This file was decompiled using sascm.ini published by GTAG (http://gtag.gtagaming.com/opcode-database) on 14.6.2013
{$CLEO .cs}

//-------------MAIN---------------
0002: jump @NONAME_113
0662: printstring "Author: fastman92"
0662: printstring "Wheel angle like with cars on water cheat, rotated by 90 degrees."
0662: printstring "Version: 1.0"

:NONAME_113
0006: 0@ = 0

:NONAME_120
0001: wait 0 ms
00D6: if
0ADC: test_cheat "WHEELS"
004D: jump_if_false @NONAME_120
00D6: if
0039: 0@ == 0
004D: jump_if_false @NONAME_241
0AD1: show_formatted_text_highpriority "fastman92 wheels script ON" time 2000