:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
reclaimer

GTASA-K.I.T.T Main.scm Script (No Cleo) Request

Hello, everyone. I have a small request. May I get a script of the classic 1980's Knight Rider's functions for GTA San Andreas? Please, no Cleo. Just a simple small mini script. The following list is the only thing I'd like to install:
-Spawn/summon K.I.T.T to you
-1980's K.I.T.T moving scanner
-SPM (switch from normal to spm)
-Turbo Boost
-K.I.T.T follows you
-Jump
That's it! I just request a mini mod. I tried all over the net to find just these scripts as source to
add it into the main.scm. I really want to add it into "SpaceEinsteinv3.0." I understand if it's not
possible. Thanks.

Hey Reclaimer,

Maybe this is what you are lookin for, I tried it a couple of times and it's really Knight Rider style completly with animations for t-top roofs, convertible-mode and super pursuit mode. You can even turn the moving scanner on and off and K.I.T.T. has weapons as well. I tried to use just the model(s) so I could use them in the story mode but I failed because everything is coded in the main.scm script.

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8pnkNbfAnE

And here's the download:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/knight-rider-old-school1/downloads/knight-rider-old-school-mod-04b

Enjoy, it's worth the download !!

Edited by Darth-Sidious
  • Like 2

Hehehehe, but it's still worth the download...The best knight rider mod I have ever seen, but also the most diffecult one to turn into a normal story mode because the code for the animations is placed into the main.scm and I have tried and screwed up my game multiple times to make it work in the regular story mode. But I haven't got enough knowledge to work on codes not for the main.scm and not with cleo-codes.

Maybe you know something about it BTTFModMachine ?

Hi. Thanks to the both of you for responding. I've already tried that mod out before, thanks :D But, I was hoping somebody would port the GTA Vice City Kitt Mini mod to GTA SA without using Cleo. Just was looking for a mini Knight Rider mod, nothing too fancy. It would be great if this could be done. Thanks again for helping me out. The one found on this website would be great to port over to GTA SA. The one like in the link you posted would be awesome without requiring Cleo, but, it sounds like it would be too difficult to do?

Edited by reclaimer

I use this Knight Rider mod GTA_KnightRider_0.2b_R2_Setup.1, but only parts of it. Of course it has cleo in it, but after long evenings of trying I got the things that I want. KITT, KARR and SPM for KITT.

I have edited all other vehicles (along with the cleo-scripts for those vehicles, I mean a regular Hermes Karr with all of KITT's functions isn't that great either) out of this mod because it was just too much. After installation of this one you start the game on the abanded airstrip with 8 KITT vehicles, 2 KARR vehicles, Goliath, FLAG Mobile unit and a few more things and you can't play the regular story mode anymore...

Now I can play the storymode with KITT (and all of his functions and spm) and KARR (and all of his functions) and for autodrive (only when CJ is in the vehicle) I just use Zeti's Advanced Car Controls part 3. Via this way I have a nice knightrider mod and I'm able to play the regular story modes. If you need to know how to do that all I can leave a tutorial here...

Edited by Darth-Sidious
  • Like 1

You got Kitt's features without cleo? Cool. How did you do it? And is it possible to convert GTA VC Kitt mini mods scripts to GTA SA main.scm?

By the way, BTTFMODMACHINE-do you visit gtagarage? I think I saw a user there with your avatar there. I think he was asking about a cleo script to change a player model, not sure.

Edited by reclaimer

You got Kitt's features without cleo? Cool. How did you do it? And is it possible to convert GTA VC Kitt mini mods scripts to GTA SA main.scm?

No, I still need the cleo-scripts for KITT and KARR...But what I ment was that I edited all of the vehicles that I did not want in the mod, that is all of the KITT vehicles, the SPM-KITT (I never used it in the game), KARR vehicles, that ugly Goliath and FLAG Trucks and that thing from Knight of the Juggernaut. I only use the BFinject for KITT and the Hotknife for KARR with all of there functions.

All of the other KITT and KARR vehicles from the mod are not installed. The cars that where used for these other cars are also back to normal...So when CJ get;s in the Hermes, it's just the Hermes and not the Hermes saying "I'm the voice of Knight Industries Two Thousand microprocessor etc" and it doesn't have the functions from KITT, that's what I did, but of course I still need cleo for the two vehicles that I do use. I do not know anything about a Knightrider mod that doesn't use cleo-scripts. Here's how I did that:

- First I installed the mod to another folder then GTA SA

- I took the models that I needed (BFINJECT.DFF and HOTKNIFE.DFF) from the GTA3.IMG that came with the installation

- Then I took the KNIGHTRIDER.TXD from the KR.IMG

- I renamed KNIGHTRIDER.TXD to BFINJECT.TXD and to HOTKNIFE.TXD

- I took the handling and colorline from the HANDLING.CFG and the CARCOLS.DAT and put them into a notepad

- Then I took the cleo-files I needed for both cars (so I removed the ones for the Knight 3000 along with the sounds)

- I removed the cars that I didn't need from the cleo-scripts

Then the installation:

- I installed the two cars with GGMM and replaced the handling and colourline

- I placed the cleo-files in the cleo-folder

- I placed the VehicleSpecialAbilities.asi and the VSAConfig in the main GTA SA folder

- I started the game ! Now I only have KITT and KARR with working scanners and all of the functions that came with the original mod.

If you need a more detailed tutorial on how to change the cleo-scripts please let me know...

Otherwise I hope you can find a Knightrider Mod that doesn't use cleo, but as far as I know this is the only way to make use of both KITT and KARR without making changes in the regular main.scm.

Greetings,

Erik

(I know nothing from converting models or scripts from GTA VC to GTA SA, but maybe this forum can help you: http://www.bttfhillvalley.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=3622)

Edited by Darth-Sidious
  • Like 1

Thanks, Darth-Sidious. Thanks for helping me out. Thanks for think link, too. I really tried looking everywhere for a mod with no cleo required. I did actually find a website that had an early beta using only the main.scm and the K.I.T.T. car, but the download link didn't work anymore. I think I might've tried contacting the person working on that mod, but I got no response...

Very big bump, I need help with your instructions Darth, or if anyone can help
Hello. IN regards to this thread you posted in
You say take the KITT models from gta3, KR, knightrider.txd, etc, but the files such as KR are in the old school mod, but you are talking about the back to school mod which doesn't have that file. I've searched up and down it doesn't. I've tried just throwing 1 KITT model into a clean install without the cleos, and it causes a crash if I spawn him. Any help from anyone would be appreciated. Thanks!