:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
robot62155

Game not loading

Hello, I downloaded the mod and everything worked, but when I click on 'new game', it loads about halfway then crashes. Please help! I was so excited to play this!

Thanks!

Vice city. Thanks for the speedy response. I had this issue about three years ago, and just reinstalled the game and mod. I don't recall what I did three years ago to fix it though. Please help!

Please help. I have no idea what I did the last time, but I was having the same issue and it was fixed. I cannot go back into my old post and see what the solution was because the forums were reset.

The set. file is where your save games are stored usually in mydocuments/GTA VC user files. Not sure about data execution but it could be in the properties of the VC.exe.

Oh, right. Data execution prevention (DEP) is only on Windows XP SP2 or higher. That includes Windows 7. I forgot to ask which operating system you are running. :P

Anyway, here's how it goes.

1. Right click My Computer (or Computer) on desktop or start menu and click properties.

2. Click advanced tab or advanced system settings.

3. Under the performance section of the dialog box, click settings.

4. In the Performance Options window that appears, click on the Data Execution Prevention tab.

5. In the Data Execution Prevention tab, choose the Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select: radio button.

6. Click on the Add... button.

7. In the resulting Open dialog box, navigate to your Vice City directory in Program Files and click on the gta-vc.exe file from the list.

8. Click the Open button and then click OK to the resulting Data Execution Prevention warning that pops up.

9. Click OK at the bottom of the Performance Options window.

10. Click OK when the System Control Panel Applet window appears warning you that your changes require a restart of your computer.

11. After you restart your computer, try running VC again.

***Notice: this might make other games crash, so add them to the DEP list as you find them.***

That's how to turn DEP off.

Are you running Windows 7?

If so, did you run all programs as administrator and the the 0;2e installer in Windows XP compatibility mode?

To find out, check your VirtualStore folder in C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore

You have to show all hidden files and folders to do so.

You will see a Program Files folder in there. Open it and delete the Rockstar Games folder inside.

Then re-install and make sure you follow my instructions above.

Oh, and you can edit your posts, so you don't need to make 2 consecutive posts for 2 questions. ;)

I deleted Gta completely, re installed, and did everything you told me.Still not working. Loads about 50 percent, makes a noise, and then I get a notice saying "Gta has stopped working". Please help. I've had this issue in the past. I just can not recall how I fixed it!

Do you have any other computers, preferably with different operating systems than Vista, that you can try it on?

Edited by BTTFModMachine

No. THere should be no need to either. I have run it on this exact computer in the past. I have no idea what's going on. The only other computer I have is a mac.

I think you heard most of the common fixes. You should try another computer no doubt. Get a working install, put it on an external and transfer it to yours. Vista blows.

Now we journey into cyberspace; into the orbit of the Apple corporation...

...here we have asteroids that bombard planet Mac. Any damage caused by these asteroids is hard to repair...

I wouldn't know. Probably not. :rolleyes:

Edited by BTTFModMachine