:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
k1092000

New 2015 Police Car

While looking back through the cars I've made something really bothered me about the 2015 police car. So with a little digging I was able to find quite a few references and some concept art on the car. Since school has taken up much of my time I have not been able to work much on cars for the mod. But I have now found an excuse to do so by using the new version of this car for the mod and my school portfolio. Most of the progress pictures will be posted on my deviant art page.

So here's what the car looks like so far.

http://k1092000.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4kcjtl

Comparison of the old one and the new one.

http://k1092000.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4kckgn

Hey!, good to see you back!, at least for a while. How have you been?. Too bad the school demands that much :(

Now that you're here, I have to tell you that I had to update Doc's van to include the new DeLoreans. Hope you don't mind.

I never thought that I would have the chance to see more of your work on the forum, K1092000 ! Glad to see that you're still around ! :)

I wait to see the progress on the 2015 Police car :)

OMG!!! It's good to see a post from you!!! I saw those a few days ago... great job!!!

Yup, I figured I've been away long enough, so I decided to post something to let everyone know I'm still alive. :D

Hey!, good to see you back!, at least for a while. How have you been?. Too bad the school demands that much :(

Now that you're here, I have to tell you that I had to update Doc's van to include the new DeLoreans. Hope you don't mind.

Well technically school has only been really demanding since the beginning of this year. I kind of barred myself off from almost everything internet wise to focus on getting better with my modeling skills. I needed to get myself up to par with my classmates. For most of this year I had to come up with a game concept, make a concept bible, and build a level from the game concept in Unreal. Then portfolio work is pretty much going to keep me busy up until the end of March next year when I graduate.

Sometimes I think of how cool it would be to move the mod over to Unreal. But since I'm not much of a coder, I don't know how easy/difficult it would be to move a lot of the things we have now over to it.

So things will be a little slow until after I graduate, then pretty much I'll be dividing my time between the mod and looking for a better job.

That's fine with me that you updated Doc's Van. I am planning on redoing a few of the other models for the cars but I'll save that for later. I'd rather work on getting the rest of the cars needed for the mod done before going back and updating the old ones.

Nope it's blue :

Hillvalleypolicecar2015.jpg

capturedcran20110528072.jpg

winfield10.jpg

The only problem is that I don't know if we can have this kind of effect on the paintjob in GTA VC ...

Edited by Microman

Seems like things got a little off topic here. So let's fix that with an update. There's still some adjusting to do, but overall it's coming along quite well I think. Although it may not look like much has changed, quite a bit of work actually went into the body to cut the details in.

7f58c651bd0a921cd0afbf8313fd3675-d4lb3go.jpg

Very nice :)

I don't know if this can help you :

capturedcran20110528072.jpg

IMGP6147-640x480.JPG

IMGP6150-640x480.JPG

The blue car was used for the scene in HillDale when we can see the car flying around.

Edited by Microman

I have all the images of that sad looking one that's been abandoned. Haven't seen those blue ones before. I'm always looking for more images that show the car in daylight, since you only see the car from one angle during the day in the film.

I dont' think he's looking to release it. I believe he's just showing the updates and changes he's made on a newer model than the previous one.

*DK is an as**ole* *So I have to understand he's only being a douche because he cares*

Sure, not just because you were trying to hijack K1's thread... <_<

Nice work, K. Looks smoother.

Looks really cool :) Can't wait for a release!

The car will be released with 0.2f. So sadly you will have to wait till then to drive it in game.

Nice work, K. Looks smoother.

Indeed it does, however with the smoother look also comes a price with the polygons. As of right now I am estimating the car will be around 35-40k when complete. I believe the current one in game is just over 17k.

I have a question, we never saw the interior of the car in bttf II so you will just imagine it or ?

Might just have to wing it unless he can find some pictures of behind the scenes or a picture of the car outside of the movie.

I have a question, we never saw the interior of the car in bttf II so you will just imagine it or ?

Might just have to wing it unless he can find some pictures of behind the scenes or a picture of the car outside of the movie.

The interior will be based off of a couple of concept drawings that I found. From what I know there was never a full interior built for the car.

Ok, you should use the elements in the 2015 Citröen DS cab ... Anyway, good luck ! :)

I'm just saying that some elements of the Citröen DS can be useful... You can always find the same elements in a car interior like the different elements of the dashboard, etc ...