Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
TWG

Quick Q about BTTF website.

Hey, anyone got any intel on this website?

http://www.bttfdelorean.com/

It's reportedly a website that sells parts for BTTF conversions, though I only just found out about it a few days ago. Now, I know of BTTFParts (The board's back up, btw for anyone who cares), BTTFStuff, offto55 and so on, but I haven't EVER heard of this one, or like, if it's even still operational, or what.

Curiously enough, I was directed there by an old post on the BTTF.com boards that I found was posted back in '07. I was curious as to if there was a way to configure some kind of soundboard or speaker or some kind of setup that would trigger the DeLorean door sound when I opened and closed my (horizontal opening) car door. (By the way, if anyone knows how to wire that up, send a tell. I'd rather do it myself versus paying 450 and change to buy a unit ;))

I was lead to the interior conversion section of the website, and found the HVMDU (the brown box that sits behind the Time Circuit drive switch) had been repurposed (at least, on this website) to be a functional sound board equipped with speaker that could be wired to various other components sold on the website, and that would play sounds once appropriately triggered. For example, hitting the Drive Switch would produce the Time Circuits On and Off sound, ect.

Does anyone know if this is true, or not? I get no reaction on the Email tab, else I would have already contacted the website owner. However, the Add to Cart Paypal function still works, and I can add parts to my Cart, ect.

Information on this would be great. Thanks!

Lolz, I figured. =/

Prices were very similar to Videobob's stuff though....maybe it was something, like an offspring of BTTFStuff? Maybe not.

I think what the buyer is getting at is like, ITS THE SAME ONE USED IN BTTF ZOMG.

No but I think I'm more interested in the tech stuff inside the DeLorean, not so much the magazines and other paraphernalia. I haven't found anything on BTTFParts, BTTFStuff, or offto55 anything related to interior sound systems inside the DeL conversions, or detailed analysis on how they work and are put together.

Same brand and model but not the one used in the film. Same to the bttf parts. I'm thinking of learning how to make my own.

Where would you even start with that though? My dad and I are working on building a fake digital speedo that goes from 0 to 88 at a fixed rate. That's easy. Use some seven segments, hook em up through wires to a display driver/circuit board, program the IC, enclose it in some project box housing, and you're done!

With a sound system, and one sophisticated like being able to detect when your door is closing and opening sounds like a really tough thing to do.

Right, I know that.

BUT, people have made it possible where sound systems have been embedded into DeLoreans to which stuff like that IS possible.

Wouldn't it just be a really cheap push switch hidden in the car door. When you open the door, the switch is released and the speaker and sound go on.

no way in hell, would I pay $150 for an old alarm clock

A screen accurate bulova alarm clock sold on eBay the other day for $441...

I'm talking about Marty's alarm clock. the one in the delorean is rare and therefore worth the money. Marty's I could probably find at a thrift shop.

It's obvious that website is overpriced. For my first post, I'll provide more evidence because I'm bored and want to contribute to something.

Marty's watch on the ripoff site is 70 bucks, and that's a discounted price because of a dead battery.

http://www.happynameday.com/bttf/watch.htm

On Amazon it's about 16 bucks. New.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/tags-on-product/B000GB1R7S

This lowers their credibility by a lot.

Sign in to follow this